Spicing up WvW - Leaderboards, Weekly stuff

in WvW

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

With WvW being so stale, I propose a few easy changes that will incentivize playing WvW again. While the Seasons were more harmful than helpful, some of the perks from it were great.

Guild Leaderboards!!!

Keeps track of top 30 guilds weekly combat record
Most # of objectives captured
Most enemies killed
Longest Held Objective
Most # of successful objective defenses
Highest guild K/D ratio
Highest number of stomps
Most Bloodlust captures (with 3+ guild members)
Most yaks killed
Most camps captured

Weekly Meta Achievement – Gives AP and a currency like the Ascended Shards of Glory to help get ascended armors (about the same drop rate as finishing one reward track line in the current pvp league. Should take 3 weeks or so to get one piece of armor/weapon.

Weekly Challenges

Killing Spree – kill X enemies within Y amount of time
Havoc Squad – Capture X number of objectives with 5 or less players
Hold the keep – Keep a keep(or tower) until it is T3
Hungry Hunter – Kill x number of players without food or utilities active

Thoughts?
(Crosspost from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/64vmnq/spicing_up_wvw_guild_leaderboards_weekly/)

in WvW

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

+1 I always love statistics

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Love the idea. But some of those guild based stats will promote blobbing and refusal to engage, rather than a healthy competitive atmosphere.

in WvW

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

Love the idea. But some of those guild based stats will promote blobbing and refusal to engage, rather than a healthy competitive atmosphere.

Some of the items will yes. However, the mode is in a bad state of apathy and disinterest. No guild can hold the top spot in all of these items. If they are afraid to fight because of that KD ratio, they will suffer in other areas.

This leaves room for other guilds to compete for that top spot, both in relation to the other guilds on their world and all worlds.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Yep all sounds pretty good. They still busy messing with scoring though. Seems to be the one and only thing their bothering with. Since last year sometime.. months and months now.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

I’d propose a basic revamp of the way wvw works right now and eliminating things that just do not have a place in today’s gw2. For example most players in wvw they do not come for k trains or leveling up characters like they did in the past thanks to reward tracks but its still heavily implied in the systems design so most players just want fights. I am the same I want fights too but at the same time most are neglecting the real estate and only will defend an objective just to keep someone from being able to run inside it and siege cap it with enough siege to carve their name onto the moon.

So with the suggestion I have there really wouldn’t be any need to have anything like KDR or Glicko because everyones eyes would see the same exact thing and if you got beat you’d know it.

So first I’d propose that only during peak times for the various time zones where wvw is at its strongest is the only time you could capture a structure owned by the home of the borderland itself. Which there wouldn’t be any restrictions on the home owner of said borderland. So if you are looking for fights defending structures you still have control of would most likely get you the fights you are looking for. Then the flipside to this is pretty much eliminating ebg and eotm for more better gameplay. Now I remember there was this idea of small worlds but the idea I had on that notion is random maps that take the place of ebg and eotm in the hours that are not peak time zone hours where you could get special tactivators and other things unique to specific worlds that help you in your servers upcoming battle. So like fridays are not the apocalypse before a reset and are fought to the moment of reset for running tournaments each week and then a grand finale tournament that exists to end the month and the re-linking.

Just my thoughts anyways to try to keep the game mode fresh and the player contributes no matter what time they happen to be getting on. As well if they made like the underworld from gw1 or advanced version of that it could be off peak hour way of not having to farm something but still with the reward track keeping rewards in line with players would in strictly pve maps for that. The game just needs to bridge the old with the new and to keep people playing.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

All of these would be good changes but I wouldn’t want them to be a priority over more fundamental changes.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro