Spvp balance scares the #@!$ out of me

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I continually get weary investing in anything for here due to the insane amount of balance power Spvp has over this game mode and every other. Given the amount of money, time effort, and PvE we are forced into to compete here i wonder why Spvp has such a sway over the devs that WvW never has? In any case Spvp’s balance changes no matter what class I play loom over head threatening to make an investment useless.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

The upcoming changes to crit damage prove that PvP balance does not have to carry over into WvW/PvE and vice-versa.

That being said, a lot of things have always been balanced for PvP and have never been redesigned to appropriately fit WvW. Downed state, stealth, immobilize stacking, etc

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Play guardian— All we get is tool tip updates for us 95% of the time

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What a lot of people do not understand is that no one is happy with balance. In PvP, there are OP classes and specs. In WvW, there are OP classes and specs. Usually these are different.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Play guardian— All we get is tool tip updates for us 95% of the time

Not until Anet understands how their own game works, unless they ignoring that to be catchy for the new players to stay and play with those press buton to win class/build.

Changed to a warrior and leveling a condi bunker engi and at the momment i say guardian was the bigget mistake i did in this game, who cares abour protection when you down 90% of the targets with one skill…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Given the amount of money, time effort, and PvE we are forced into to compete here i wonder why Spvp has such a sway over the devs that WvW never has?

Because they want so bad for it to become e-sport… completely ignoring the fact that GW2 PvP is never going to be an e-sport.

There is a word for the type of gameplay (the only type of gameplay) that GW2 PvP has: Sumo. How popular is Sumo wrestling in the US/EU?

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Given the amount of money, time effort, and PvE we are forced into to compete here i wonder why Spvp has such a sway over the devs that WvW never has?

Because they want so bad for it to become e-sport… completely ignoring the fact that GW2 PvP is never going to be an e-sport.

There is a word for the type of gameplay (the only type of gameplay) that GW2 PvP has: Sumo. How popular is Sumo wrestling in the US/EU?

GvG would be a better eSport then s/tPvP will ever be imo. Let alone creating a true place for it would get a lot of the controversy of it inside WvW out of the way.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What a lot of people do not understand is that no one is happy with balance. In PvP, there are OP classes and specs. In WvW, there are OP classes and specs. Usually these are different.

That’s not the point. The point is that Anet balances solely for sPvP and PvE. WvW is not in the equation.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Funny. You can look over in the sPvP forums and see people complaining about the exact opposite.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/WvW-is-killing-PvP-development/first#post3552360

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Funny. You can look over in the sPvP forums and see people complaining about the exact opposite.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/WvW-is-killing-PvP-development/first#post3552360

In regards to this. When a pvp player sees the meta changed they go a vendor for free and get their gear and traits changed. For a WvW player they look at their wallet and decide if they should do a dungeon or buy some gold to respec and re gear. The investments are insanely different.

On that note WvW is by far the more popular game mode and despite it short comings should be the focus of PvP due to its popularity. I am not asking for WvW to balance the game. I just think every time they change a skill for Spvp they change it for PvE/WvW for uniformity in function. That is bullkitten. We invest more time and cash and much more to lose with meta changes.

Power creep has us chasing ascended gear at a high cost while balance for us is based on Spvp. This is wrong. This is really kittening wrong. We have much more to lose no matter what class you play when the meta changes.

I like that the devs are having more contact with this side of the game and PvE but at the same time we will eat balance changes to PvE as well.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

play mesmers… all we get are nerfs in every patch !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Rofl, yea…mesmers are in a REALLY kittenty place right now…hahahahaha

in WvW

Banzie.5248

BRING BACK THE CHAOS STORM DROP MES!

Best day ever, along with only golems being able to be built as siege. FORCED people to actually FIGHT in PvP gamemode ;D

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That’s not the point. The point is that Anet balances solely for sPvP and PvE. WvW is not in the equation.

Not true. Look at the change targeting permastealth thieves last update. Stealth isn’t a big deal in PvP since they are more of a liability that way. The change was made for WvW

I laughed my kitten off at this. It’s still easy to permastealth here, the only real way to fix this is to either get rid of the leap finisher on Heartseeker (not suggested), or nerf Blinding Powder (what permastealth thieves normally use) in a way that makes it impossible to permastealth with D/P.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald