Squad UI Enhancement(s) Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

http://i.imgur.com/e69bdCx.jpg

Should be up on twitch in the next few minutes: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Hopefully it’ll be closer to what we expected when we only got different tag colors a while back. Perhaps even private tags for guilds/groups, ability to see multiple groups (at least 2), etc. etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Thank you ArenaNet, we appreciate it. Better late than never.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

This is awesome, 50 player enhanced squad feature.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is fantastic utterly fantastic, the best thing about HOT for me.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I was eating dinner D:

The spaghetti was not worth missing this, not at all D:

Where can I watch it? Can someone summarize?

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Why only 50, this is discriminating zergs larger than only 50 people.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

gavyne.6847

I was eating dinner

The spaghetti was not worth missing this, not at all

-Commanders can set squads to be open, closed, or invite only.

-50 players in the squad.

-Squad UI adjustable, you can drag players from one group to another, it’ll show player classes and their hp.

-Squad UI shows the supply count total as well as supply count in each groups.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Dulfy’s summarized notes:

Squad UI:

• Pics: http://imgur.com/a/HkTGx
  • Commanders can set squad or raids from the UI (Raids will be talked tomorrow by Crystal Reid)
  • Ready check for squad
  • Squad can be set to open join, closed squad, invite only
  • You can see squad member’s supplies
  • You can see up to 50 squad members.
  • Profession icons will be shown
  • Squad member HP bars will be shown (green) or greyed out if they are far away.
  • Can also create sub-squads and see sub-squad’s total supply.
  • Commanders can broadcast messages to the entire squad or a subsquad
  • Squad UI will be able to be played on beta weekend 3.

WvW Castle Improvements:

• These are unique to Eternal Battlegrounds – Stonemist
  • Cloaking Waters – Spawn a fountain that you can walk in to gain a 2 minute buff that make you invisible. You can go anywhere on the map with this. There is a 2 minute debuff that prevent you from getting it again immediately.
  • Airship Defense – Bombard both inside and outside the castle. Will do 4 rounds around the castle. The bombardment deals around 10k damage and also deal knockdown.
  • You need to hold the castle for at least 2 hrs. It is on the final tier of the castle tactic improvements Has a long cooldown

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I was eating dinner

The spaghetti was not worth missing this, not at all

-Commanders can set squads to be open, closed, or invite only.

-50 players in the squad.

-Squad UI adjustable, you can drag players from one group to another, it’ll show player classes and their hp.

-Squad UI shows the supply count total as well as supply count in each groups.

I can see a number of guilds (you know, the ones that don’t like to run with random pugs) being extremely happy right now.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

The only thing is can squad members see the UI or only the commander? Members really should be able to see the UI if they want especially with sub groups having particular roles.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Voraxas.2391

Voraxas.2391

Finally a really useful adjustment for WvW! Gonna need new pants though.

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

me right now.

Seriously so excited

CLOSED
OPEN
INVITE ONLY
PARTY UI
HEALTH
SUB GAT DANG SQUADRINOS
SUPPPPPLLLLYYYYYY
R A I D S

NYOUGH MAH GAT

Attachments:

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

Something we should have from the beginning, it took only three years for something so simple, they would never place a such improvement only for WvW, but PvE, this is another thing.
PvE Raids = hype

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Sort of interesting and yet… so very, very pointless. This is all about improving something that we never, ever use. And we probably still wont use it if joining a raid means all other tags become hidden, because coordination over the battlefield is critical – you need to see those other tags. All people in the pug zerg need to see other tags, so that they can help their own commander.

But I suppose if it allow commanders to better organize their groups it isnt all bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Each sub-squad works like a party for spreading buffs as well…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Sort of interesting and yet… so very, very pointless. This is all about improving something that we never, ever use. And we probably still wont use it if joining a raid means all other tags become hidden, because coordination over the battlefield is critical – you need to see those other tags. All people in the pug zerg need to see other tags, so that they can help their own commander.

But I suppose if it allow commanders to better organize their groups it isnt all bad.

It will allow better co-ordination by commanders so why wouldn’t they use it. Communicate in team chat or TS to know where other commanders are.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

gavyne.6847

You would only have that opinion if you haven’t commanded much or ran guild raids in WvW. Commanders already communicate on comms, they don’t need to see pin movements on the map. Also the ability to see with a glance how many people you have, what classes, the number of supplies, and the hp of your raid is godsend.

Being able to drag & move people around to form groups will shave quite a lot of setup time when running guild raids. It’ll allow for better group composition, making sure your necros have stab, that warriors are in proper frontline groups, that pick classes are in a pick team, etc..

Also being able to close the squad off so you can run guild-only raids is also very attractive for those guild nights. These are all great UI enhancements, what’s not to like?

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

So, comm improvements finally come in as a side effect of releasing raids, I guess we should be grateful we get scraps from the pve programming….

Just a guess, raid size will be 50.

Cloaking waters sounds awful- 2 minutes stealth means you can transport an entire zerg the length of the map without being seen. Guess this is to justify the forced use of stealth traps…

Airship defence 10k damage and knockdown, 4 rounds sounds like a gimmick given to the already dominating server (hold SM for 2+ hours). Not sure how the ‘10k damage’ works- for low HP classes that’s 2 hits and dead, or is it scaled to armor so squishies once again get the short end of the stick? Once again a bad idea, let’s see how it’s implemented.

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Raid size is 10.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: Ceijan.5428

Ceijan.5428

It seems awsome, I just home they’ll add an option so we can still see other comander tags when in a squad.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You would only have that opinion if you haven’t commanded much or ran guild raids in WvW. Commanders already communicate on comms, they don’t need to see pin movements on the map. Also the ability to see with a glance how many people you have, what classes, the number of supplies, and the hp of your raid is godsend.

Uh, if you havent join squads much you’d know that I was talking about the members in the squad not seeing tag movements. Because that’s what happen when you join a squad at the moment – you loose all sight of everyone else on the map. You cant even tell your commander on TS “oh there is a guild coming, hold on!” when he is fighting and yelling and far busy to read whispers on where others are.

But maybe they fixed that, I dont know.

Being able to drag & move people around to form groups will shave quite a lot of setup time when running guild raids. It’ll allow for better group composition, making sure your necros have stab, that warriors are in proper frontline groups, that pick classes are in a pick team, etc..

How does it make sure that? I will assume that commanders cannot override party composition.I dont want anyone fidgeting with my party if I’m running with friends. For guilds, sure this may be added “control” over their groups but for pug zergs it would suck.

Also being able to close the squad off so you can run guild-only raids is also very attractive for those guild nights. These are all great UI enhancements, what’s not to like?

Well except it will change absolutely nothing. People can still follow a guild group as long as they can see them. We had “closed” raids before the color system was made and it was pretty kitten for coordination. That’s exactly why we wanted the colored tags – so we could show them.

I’m sure there are lots of things to like, I just dont see the point. Just about 100% of current complaints with the commander system could be solved if you increased range of /supplyinfo. Most commanders I know can “organize” their zerg in 30 seconds by simply asking melee to stack left and ranged to stack right. Then you know how to push.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I really like the closed chat system. This will prevent malicious spies from eve dropping on conversations. I wonder if tags can also be hidden in a way to only permit squads from seeing the tag ?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Raid size is 10.

10? bah. Not really all that much fun then, was hoping for some epic complicated raids where you needed to split teams and where synergy of buffs/heals etc was important.

Now I suspect it will be like fractals with knobs on (more jumping and wind…us oldies love that twitch playstyle, really we do…).

in WvW

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Why only 50, this is discriminating zergs larger than only 50 people.

I would actually make it even less. 40 or even only 30.

Blobs and blob guilds are ruining the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237