Squad parties

Squad parties

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Why is it each party in a squad can have more than 5 people? You only give out boons to 5 people in your party so should that be changed?

Squad parties

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How often will all your 5 party members be within the radius of your boons, aside from guardian Empower? Probably near 0% of the time. Melee trains will barely run that tight. So you are probably giving your boons to plenty of other people. I bet having 6-7 man parties would have marginal impact.

Squad parties

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

I know there are groups who do run 6-man parties over five. Rekz used to, as does my guild.

Plus, targeting is limited to your party only, so if you’re running smaller scale with <10 people, then it may be beneficial to have people in one party all so you can call out targets more easily (using symbols is fine, but it’s also a little cumbersome).

Squad parties

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Targeting. Also not every squad is a blob.

Also you don’t often know what randoms are running. It is often doing more harm than help to micromanage based on assumptions and hope.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Squad parties

in WvW

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

They need to add the option to toggle party colors within a squad so that you can see whom you are actually paired with.

Or just a simple party icon above player’s heads.
Or make Squad color the Squad color (Greenish?) and make party-color blue, don’t make everyone blue.