Stab Overhaul...Thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Rupture.7683

Rupture.7683

I have been playing frontline since I started the game. I feel like stability is a huge problem especially for warriors. I have a lot of thoughts concerning changes that could be made to stability and would like to know the input of the community? I would not necessarily suggest perma stab like in the old days, but I think it would be a good idea to increase stab stacks on some skills, or introducing skills that only give a few stacks and other skills that give a brief 2-3 sec stab which functions like the old stability mechanic. Thoughts?

(edited by Rupture.7683)

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Some have suggested a cool down on stability removal. Say if you get a stack removed your immune from removal for 0.5 seconds. I think that could work.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I miss my warr so much. Haven’t played him since the stab change.

Warriors never had perma stab. They had enough to push into melee range, fight effectively, and move out. Now, melee only has enough stab for the initial push but then loses it all so they don’t really stand a chance unless their zerg is large enough to reinforce the melee push.

Diminishing returns has been suggested before and seems like the best solution to the stability problem. It would also be a good idea for other CC like immob, which gets abused. Considering anet changed it so that you can only get hit with a CoR every .5 seconds, seems logical to conclude that they could change it so you can only lose a stab stack every .5 seconds too.

Osu

(edited by Osu.6307)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

A gamemode with that amount of cc spam simply needs a cc timer.

Breakbars seem like a great solution to this

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I have been playing frontline since I started the game. I feel like stability is a huge problem especially for warriors. I have a lot of thoughts concerning changes that could be made to stability and would like to know the input of the community? I would not necessarily suggest perma stab like in the old days, but I think it would be a good idea to increase stab stacks on some skills, or introducing skills that only give a few stacks and other skills that give a brief 2-3 sec stab which functions like the old stability mechanic. Thoughts?

I would seriously take look at individual stab skills and buff some of them a lot. Things such as “Hallowed ground” and “well of power” come to mind.

Hard CC is ok due to the access to immunities / evade chains etc. which we have now. Admitedly, some classes have easier access then others, that should be looked into.

For example, on my scrapper, I dont have much stab, I have a bit, but I have so much otehr stuff that coupled with just a bit of appropriate group buffs (not even a lot, dont need huge zerg) and running on appropriate build, I can still do the whole close-in / unload / gtfo thing, same as guards and warriors were doing pre-stab changes. I just don’t need stab.

I have not played my war in a long time, haven’t even bothered to grind the HPs to unlock brserker on it, so I can’t comment, but there are other ways to avoid hard CC then stab. I do not know if warriors have these available on a practical scale or not as I do on my scrapper, that is something that I think the balance team should look into. Now, if the case is that warrior players just choose not to run and utilize these, then that is 100% on them.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Stab needs an entire re-work. Currently, math says that CC’s are entirely way too strong in comparison to stability. IMO, stability should always be stronger than CCs anyways because I believe the game is significantly more fun when you can move. I think a well timed, well sequenced series of CCs or something of the sort should be the only way to CC players. A CC should be something that is sort of a game-changer in that if you are 15v15 and your team is able to stun 1 of those players, it should be very difficult or cooldown draining in order for the stunned person to not to go into down state.

See the difference? right now, we have a million “small” CCs (0.5s dazes, etc) that make gameplay choppy and annoying and large battles don’t reach conclusions until one group gets bored or pushes and dies. Currently as well, large groups have an amazing advantage to slightly smaller ones for all these reasons too.

Literally anything could be down to help the issue.. Although things like buffing ground targeting stab really wouldn’t help because its inherently stupid. Oh great, we can move finally… in a 300 radius… So pretty much, we can’t move at all anyways.. oh hello well bomb.

It surprises me every time that people just vehemently are against reverting to old stab. At least with old stab, people played WvW.

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Warrior get like 15 stacks of stability. Warrior is one of classes that have too much stability. CC is in game some melees can’t play eyes closed.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Some have suggested a cool down on stability removal. Say if you get a stack removed your immune from removal for 0.5 seconds. I think that could work.

Or just revert it to what it was before the whole “stacks of” issue cropped up. I like simple solutions to problems. Before stability reigned supreme, now CCs reign supreme. Old stability and new CCs should, for the most part, cancel each other out. And if they cancel each other out maybe we can get away from this pirate ship garbage.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Stability stacks are the same thing as a breakbar, just with different visual representation.

They both require a series of CC’s to hit a player until a stun occurs.

I personally think static field is overpowered and has been since launch. Make static field blockable, evadable and limited to five charges.

Many skills have potentially unlimited levels of CC (static field, unsteady ground, line of warding, spectral wall) which in my opinion is too powerful.

You could have a series of charges (say 5) for each field and if the maxium number of people have been stunned/CC’d the field disappears.

This number of charges could be tweaked until there was a nice balance between stuns and stability in WvW.

You want balance though, not tipping th scales completely in front line player’s favour.

You want mass stuns to be often enough to make them worth using but not often enough that frontline players fear engaging.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Bring back old stability
Bring back old maps
Bring back my old life
GG anet

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Stability stacks are the same thing as a breakbar, just with different visual representation.

They both require a series of CC’s to hit a player until a stun occurs

But once you are stunned with the break bar you become immune to cc for a short period of time, which is the important part here.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

i wouldnt mind Stability going back to what it was if the boons stripped at random instead of the order they go through now. giving boon striping builds some viability and a counter to the blanket coverage of cc.

(edited by emendez.3705)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

IMO Stab should be reverted, at least for WvW. The (arbitrary, unwarranted) stability change was the turning point, it spawned the pirate-ship meta and the collapse of the mode.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.