Stability according to chinese patch notes!

in WvW

Posted by: InsideMan.7920

InsideMan.7920

The chinese patch notes just got posted on reddit. If you can trust Google translator, we will get:

Warrior:
-Balance Stance: 5 stacks of stability
-Dolyak Signet: 10 stacks of stability
-Last Stand: 5 stacks of stability
-Rampage: 3 stacks of stability every 3 seconds

Guardian:
-Stand Your Ground: 5 stacks of stability
-Indomitable Courage (Virtue trait): 3 stacks of stability. Duration up to 4 sec from 3 sec
-Tome of Courage / Wrath (with Elite Focus trait) : 3 stacks of stability applied every 3 seconds for 3 seconds
-Hallowed Ground: 1 stack of stability per tick, stability duration increased from 1 second to 2 seconds.

Just one example:
Will be hard to run a meeletrain, assuming you can coordinate 6 Lines of Warding in a normal meleetrain and rip off all 5 stacks, Stand Your Ground provides.

Panic Boom [BomB]

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Yeah but guardians will be in parties with other guardians and it’ll likely be 3 guardians minimum for a melee party.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Good guilds don’t use any guardians or warriors.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

So post-patch “good” is different from pre-patch “good”?

Mesmers couldn’t care less about these changes, because we didn’t have any useful stability to begin with. If anything, this is an indirect nerf to stripping stability, because elites refresh themselves.

I think it will be funny to see all those blobs plastering each other with wards until no one can move. Smallscale is mainly unaffected.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

InsideMan.7920

Well lets assume you have 4 Guardians in 1 Group, so you will have 20 stacks every 24 seconds with stand you ground. Thats not that mutch. and they only last for 6 seconds as well. With Indomitable Courage you will have an aditional 12 stacks every ~45 sec.

CC spells with no target limit like spectral wall, Line of Warding and Static field will hit pretty hard.

Panic Boom [BomB]

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The downfall is it reinforces the mentality of the largest blob wins. That said, the change is probably good for the game overall.

The chinese translation simply mentions “CC will remove a charge”. I assume this means that CC that stability worked against in the past would remove a charge?

Cripple and Chill won’t be removing stability charges I assume?

in WvW

InsideMan.7920

Yea that’s how i understand it too. You wont get a stack removed through conditions except fear. So only hard CC will remove a stack. But you can still coordinate a lot of hard CC. A static field for example will almost always remove 2 stacks in a zerg vs zerg scenario, cause you will walk trough it twice.

Panic Boom [BomB]

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Pirate ship meta here to stay….

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If this is true looks like war going to be super effective vs back line though we need info on ele / necro stab to truly see what things are going to look like after the stab changes.

Over all I THINK (i do not have all the info etc…) melee are going to lose some “get out of jail free” vs hard cc but at the same time i think caster are going to be weaker to gank and melee to a point. The meta not going to changes much beyond a few more gank will replaces back line casters some or melee depending on your group and what you can run/ give up. The big changes is when they add in the new anty soft cc / dmg condition boon resistance. This is going to make back line super weak to melee and gank to the point of making back line need to tank up a good bit. I think once every thing is out for HoT melee will be king in wvw. BUT the trick is with the stab changes as it is melee will become a hard block for other melee think of it as if they are giving some collision detection to melee classes that can cut it on for a time.

@InsideMan.7920
There a lot wrong with what your saying.
If the other team has 6 lines then they have 6 Guardians most of the time these are part of the melee train so you NEED to have a melee train to counter a melee train just on hard cc alone.
You should never pop all your stabs at once that was the problem with the old stab system a “stab and forget system” where you want for max duration. So now you need to stagger your stab to get full effect.
I am not sure how this is going to end up working but at least static field has a icd it will only stun a person once and not stun that person agen for what i think is 2 sec. So dropping more then one static down tends to be a waist. It may end up only taking one stack most of the time. Now Earth 4 is going to be godly i am not sure if it has a pules like most ground aoe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

So what stops people from stacking charges with skills and swapping out other ones?

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

So what stops people from stacking charges with skills and swapping out other ones?

You can’t change a skill when it is on cooldown, all the skills that give stability have a greater cooldown than the stability duration and no weapons skills give stability. The only skill you could do that with is toss elixir B.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

(edited by Murderous Clown.9723)

in WvW

InsideMan.7920

Yep all the stability stacks last the same time as the skills gave before. So for Stand Your Ground for example, you get 5 stacks, that last 5 seconds. Then you loose them even if you still had stacks left.

@Jski.6180
Sure you shouldn’t pop all your stab at once, but it will be hard to determinate how much stab you should pop, before you enter a fight. you wont know if the enemy will just throw 1 static field at you, or if the will throw all cc they have at you. Also you can kite your enemy trough your lines and guardian rings, cause they will lose 1 stack every time they pass one.

Panic Boom [BomB]

in WvW

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

What about other classes? Necro’s “foot in the grave” trait has me curious.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

The downfall is it reinforces the mentality of the largest blob wins. That said, the change is probably good for the game overall.

The chinese translation simply mentions “CC will remove a charge”. I assume this means that CC that stability worked against in the past would remove a charge?

Cripple and Chill won’t be removing stability charges I assume?

Chipple and Crill, is NOT a CC by anet’s definition, check this
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crowd_control

while overall….i like the idea of this change in pvp, smallscale, eliteskills etc but….the kittened up zerging as it is will become even more boring…

I would like to have at least offencive AOE cap risen to 10-15 max…then maybe it will become more fun in wvw, while stab change will make it so awfull in large scale wvw…it will become Counter Strike, walls of Erection everywhere, engi pull and wires.

What i know for sure…15+ vs 15+ fights….You push first=>you are dead, it is ALMOSt like that right now, but with stab change i don’t think i will ever enjoy the new wvw battles.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: TheSongBringer.2834

TheSongBringer.2834

This definitely decreases stability’s effectiveness in large groups. The fights will be over much more quickly, since you can expect people in the melee train to be one-pushed even in skilled group encounters.

It makes CC “fields”, such as RoW, LoW, Static Field, and sanctuary much more effective, turning them into “stability strips” wheras before, they were rendered useless in the face of stability.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Just wait. Maybe the new immune will give what they took from stability

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Since there is more than just warriors and guardians in WvW….

Elementalist: Tornado – 1 stack of stability 3 sec duration applied every 3sec Whirlpool (underwater) – 1 stack of stability 3 sec duration applied every 3sec Armor of Earth – 10 stacks of stability Earth Embrace (trait) – 10 stacks of stability Can’t see the change about stability when attuning to earth (trait). Probably 1 stack. Engineer: Elixir B throw – 3 stacks of stability Elixir X tornado – 1 stack 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like ele) Elixir X rampage – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like warr elite) Whirlpool (elixir X underwater) – 1 stack 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like ele) Plague (elixir X underwater) – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like necro elite) Mortar – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every time you take control of the mortar Guardian: Stand Your Ground – 5 stacks of stability to you and nearby allies Virtue of Courage – 3 stack of stability to you and nearby allies 4 sec duration from current 3 sec Books – the protection/retaliation?? is applied every 3 sec of 3 sec duration – if you exit from book elite it will not remove the last applied stacks and protection Elite Focus – when using book you get 1 stack of stability every 3 sec Hallowed Ground – 1 stack 2 sec duration every pulse?? Mesmer: Mantra of Concentration – 3 stack of stability with each cast Necromancer: Plague – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec Lich – 1 stack 3 sec duration every 3 sec Can’t see where is a mention about stability change upon entering Death Shroud trait. I imagine it will be 1 stack. Ranger: Rampage as One – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec. While using elite the fury and swiftenss will also be applied every 3 seconds for 3 sec durations. Stability Training (trait) – 5 stacks of 3 sec duration when trait gets activated ?? Signet of Wild – 5 stacks 8 sec duration Thief: Daggerstorm – 3 stacks of stability 3 sec duration every 3 sec Warrior: Rampage – 3 stacks of stability 3 sec duration every 3 sec. Swiftness also applied every 3 sec of 3 sec duration each time you get stability. Balanced Stance – 5 stacks of stability Last Stand (trait) – 5 stacks of stability Signet of Dolyak – 10 stacks of stability

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Assassin X.8573

You can’t change a skill when it is on cooldown, all the skills that give stability have a greater cooldown than the stability duration and no weapons skills give stability. The only skill you could do that with is toss elixir B.

Is there source material for this? The way it sounds to me when anet said it stacks in intensity not duration leads me to believe it functions similar to weapon sigil stacks. But if you can show me the reference i wouldnt mind reading it. Thanks!

Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Hvaran.6327

Since there is more than just warriors and guardians in WvW….

Elementalist: Tornado – 1 stack of stability 3 sec duration applied every 3sec Whirlpool (underwater) – 1 stack of stability 3 sec duration applied every 3sec Armor of Earth – 10 stacks of stability Earth Embrace (trait) – 10 stacks of stability Can’t see the change about stability when attuning to earth (trait). Probably 1 stack. Engineer: Elixir B throw – 3 stacks of stability Elixir X tornado – 1 stack 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like ele) Elixir X rampage – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like warr elite) Whirlpool (elixir X underwater) – 1 stack 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like ele) Plague (elixir X underwater) – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec (like necro elite) Mortar – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every time you take control of the mortar Guardian: Stand Your Ground – 5 stacks of stability to you and nearby allies Virtue of Courage – 3 stack of stability to you and nearby allies 4 sec duration from current 3 sec Books – the protection/retaliation?? is applied every 3 sec of 3 sec duration – if you exit from book elite it will not remove the last applied stacks and protection Elite Focus – when using book you get 1 stack of stability every 3 sec Hallowed Ground – 1 stack 2 sec duration every pulse?? Mesmer: Mantra of Concentration – 3 stack of stability with each cast Necromancer: Plague – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec Lich – 1 stack 3 sec duration every 3 sec Can’t see where is a mention about stability change upon entering Death Shroud trait. I imagine it will be 1 stack. Ranger: Rampage as One – 3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec. While using elite the fury and swiftenss will also be applied every 3 seconds for 3 sec durations. Stability Training (trait) – 5 stacks of 3 sec duration when trait gets activated ?? Signet of Wild – 5 stacks 8 sec duration Thief: Daggerstorm – 3 stacks of stability 3 sec duration every 3 sec Warrior: Rampage – 3 stacks of stability 3 sec duration every 3 sec. Swiftness also applied every 3 sec of 3 sec duration each time you get stability. Balanced Stance – 5 stacks of stability Last Stand (trait) – 5 stacks of stability Signet of Dolyak – 10 stacks of stability

it’s all good, but they didn’t said the time in this post that changed.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Is there source material for this? The way it sounds to me when anet said it stacks in intensity not duration leads me to believe it functions similar to weapon sigil stacks. But if you can show me the reference i wouldnt mind reading it. Thanks!

Anet said it will stack in intensity with a duration. I would guess it would be similar to how might works.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Assassin X.8573

Anet said it will stack in intensity with a duration. I would guess it would be similar to how might works.

If that is the case then, that makes more sense.

Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Seems to favour blobbing….

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ah, that’s what we needed, less counter to CC spam…

Ugh, don’t break what’s already broken.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Blobbers whine that new changes favours blobbing. 5 man group can’t still stop 40 man GvG blob guilds so remove whole stability.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Basically this will change nothing for frontliners in zerg v. zerg or zerg busting or raids, IMO. Guards will pop SYG, Warriors balanced stance (although this may now be changing with Dolyak Signet having only an extra 8s CD with traited stances and a bonus 5 stacks of stab), everyone rolls in with 25 stacks and that’s a lot of CC required to strip that many, especially over a period of ~10 seconds or so. Stun breakers will definitely be the new hotness, though, I think.

Any word on Ranger stability? Rampage as One, SotW?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Puck.9612

Basically this will change nothing for frontliners in zerg v. zerg or zerg busting or raids, IMO. Guards will pop SYG, Warriors balanced stance (although this may now be changing with Dolyak Signet having only an extra 8s CD with traited stances and a bonus 5 stacks of stab), everyone rolls in with 25 stacks and that’s a lot of CC required to strip that many, especially over a period of ~10 seconds or so. Stun breakers will definitely be the new hotness, though, I think.

Any word on Ranger stability? Rampage as One, SotW?

3 stacks 3 sec duration every 3 sec. The fury and swiftness will be applied in the same way.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

What about SotW, as that’s my primary roaming source of stability on Ranger (I try to keep access to two survival skills for Survival of the Fittest and that means Lightning Reflexes and Entangle instead of RaO)?

in WvW

Puck.9612

What about SotW, as that’s my primary roaming source of stability on Ranger (I try to keep access to two survival skills for Survival of the Fittest and that means Lightning Reflexes and Entangle instead of RaO)?

5 stacks for 8 seconds

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I can make that work. Although I am a bit worried about terrormancers who just throw fear after fear at you — stab could be gone almost instantly.

in WvW

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

Hmm looks like stand ur ground coming off my bar might ast well put smite Condi…for more healing with monk focus trait…and let the range wars commence. Sense with all the cc u can’t jump in anymore. And not be stun lock.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I can make that work. Although I am a bit worried about terrormancers who just throw fear after fear at you — stab could be gone almost instantly.

You won’t see a difference against most Terrormancers, because they’ve been trained to corrupt Stability anyway. This change won’t affect how that particular matchup goes for pretty much anyone.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Most of their fears are single target. For wvw it will not be a problem. For spvp, well they can corrupt boons anyway so it won’t make a big difference.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I think a this point it is kind of understood that only the minimum amount of thought goes into how the changes they choose to make will effect any aspect of the game outside of spvp. It is just bad for business to formally announce such a stance as it would cause them to lose too many people who couldn’t care less about the dream of esport.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Most of their fears are single target. For wvw it will not be a problem. For spvp, well they can corrupt boons anyway so it won’t make a big difference.

Rampage as one will be stronger against them since the boons reapply. Rangers might actually end up in a really good spot in sPvP. They are making a change to the way teleports work, can’t say for sure yet but it sounds like vertical porting might no longer work, which would put rangers on much more equal footing with thieves and mesmers for the roaming burst position.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Vertical teleporting not working with a future vertical map coming out? Oh the threads will be raised on that.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Puck.9612

Vertical teleporting not working with a future vertical map coming out? Oh the threads will be raised on that.

Yeah go look at the thief forum, there are already a bunch of people threatening to quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

@Jski.6180
Sure you shouldn’t pop all your stab at once, but it will be hard to determinate how much stab you should pop, before you enter a fight. you wont know if the enemy will just throw 1 static field at you, or if the will throw all cc they have at you. Also you can kite your enemy trough your lines and guardian rings, cause they will lose 1 stack every time they pass one.

That the trick you cant see every thing coming that why mass stealth is used a lot in gvg fights. A good driver should know these things will happen and they must make there best guess of how things will go down.

Stop thinking this is a pure caster update if a guardian ring or line is being used in such a way melee have a major roll in this update and a major buff. The “roll” of guardian lines and rings is to Tank the other teams melee also know as stopping them. Even war class is getting a buff from having there cc land and still able to have the strongest stab up time in the game. Its as if they made every one weaker in one way but they did not make the melee classes as weak as they did for the caster in that way.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Yeah go look at the thief forum, there are already a bunch of people threatening to quit.

So? Let them quit. I would much rather lose those, who think throwing tantrums as if Anet were their parents is a solution, then see them allow exploits of this nature stay in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

how the hell are these stability changes good…

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

range warfare is the only way~

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I think they are supposed to make stability weaker so its not without counter play other than stripping/stealing/corrupting.

I dont know that its better, it favors the numbers since the more spam the less effective stability will be now. Not sure what brought this change on.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s better because it requires thought. You can’t just pop stability and run around with immpunity. You’ll now still want to avoid the walls and such to preserve charges for when you need them. Hammer Warriors will be useful again etc.

It’s a positive change overall. I just don’t think it’s going to actually change the meta in anyway.

in WvW

Hvaran.6327

It’s a positive change overall. I just don’t think it’s going to actually change the meta in anyway.

stab 1 go
push
where is our stab?

“pirate sheat” counter strike no scope gw2 meta maybe become stronger till other changes.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

You won’t see a difference against most Terrormancers, because they’ve been trained to corrupt Stability anyway. This change won’t affect how that particular matchup goes for pretty much anyone.

With most Terrormancers I will pop all my boons with WH 5 first, and they will usually move to corrupt them immediately. I pretend I don’t have stab. Once they throw the corrupt and I know it’s on CD, I pop SotW and go to work. I know that their biggest issue is people with stability, since they can fear spam them, so in turn I have trained myself not to pop stab before a fight but instead wait until I need it.

in WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Basically this will change nothing for frontliners in zerg v. zerg or zerg busting or raids, IMO. Guards will pop SYG, Warriors balanced stance (although this may now be changing with Dolyak Signet having only an extra 8s CD with traited stances and a bonus 5 stacks of stab), everyone rolls in with 25 stacks and that’s a lot of CC required to strip that many, especially over a period of ~10 seconds or so…

I’m not sure where you’re getting 25 stacks for ~10 seconds for everyone. Realistically it will be 5 stacks for 6 seconds from SYG for most frontliners with warriors having more. ZvZ fights against decent opponents take longer than 6 seconds, so guardians will need to rotate since stability will not stack duration. Either way, frontline will be operating with far less stability under pretty extreme conditions.

I don’t think melee is going away, but I’ve been predicting an increase in staff eles since this news came out; WvW meta has been trending towards ranged damage for some time, this will just push it along faster.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

SYG grants stability to 5 people. If you’re stacked tight, frontline guards can easily roll 25 stacks before pushing. I know I have a crapton of stability uptime already now as a frontliner.

in WvW

GreyWraith.8394

SYG grants stability to 5 people. If you’re stacked tight, frontline guards can easily roll 25 stacks before pushing. I know I have a crapton of stability uptime already now as a frontliner.

Stability stacks duration right now and it won’t after the change. It will stack intensity (stacks). So yes, you can roll 25 stacks at the start of a push, but then you’ll have no stab after the first 6 seconds.

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Basically this will change nothing for frontliners in zerg v. zerg or zerg busting or raids, IMO. Guards will pop SYG, Warriors balanced stance (although this may now be changing with Dolyak Signet having only an extra 8s CD with traited stances and a bonus 5 stacks of stab), everyone rolls in with 25 stacks and that’s a lot of CC required to strip that many, especially over a period of ~10 seconds or so…

I’m not sure where you’re getting 25 stacks for ~10 seconds for everyone. Realistically it will be 5 stacks for 6 seconds from SYG for most frontliners with warriors having more. ZvZ fights against decent opponents take longer than 6 seconds, so guardians will need to rotate since stability will not stack duration. Either way, frontline will be operating with far less stability under pretty extreme conditions.

I don’t think melee is going away, but I’ve been predicting an increase in staff eles since this news came out; WvW meta has been trending towards ranged damage for some time, this will just push it along faster.

Let the hype die down a good bit and 90% of those who make the Ele’s for cc’s will be back on their old characters due to not liking or not being good at Ele’s. Ele is a very Niche type of class, and true we have a good amount of cc’s, and decent damage, in the current Meta ele’s aren’t the “primary” damage, and I highly doubt they will be the primary anti stabo.

I am curious to know if fields like static will remove 1 stabo stack or 2 if you run through it. (Right now as it is, it would hit 2 times while someone with stabo is running through. (The moment they enter and exit the field.)

So seeing how this will play out still, is interesting.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Stability stacks duration right now and it won’t after the change. It will stack intensity (stacks). So yes, you can roll 25 stacks at the start of a push, but then you’ll have no stab after the first 6 seconds.

If it stacks both duration and intensity, that makes absolutely zero sense. I’m not going to bother doing the math for you on duration. Figure it out.

in WvW

GreyWraith.8394

If it stacks both duration and intensity, that makes absolutely zero sense. I’m not going to bother doing the math for you on duration. Figure it out.

Oh for goodness sake, read the news. You aren’t understanding how the new stability works. Duration will be the SAME as now, no math required.

Before change:
2x guardians use SYG at the same time = 5 seconds + 5 seconds = 10 seconds of stab.

After change:
2x guardians use SYG at the same time = 5 stacks + 5 stacks = 10 stacks of stab FOR 5 SECONDS.