State of WvW?

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Hi,
I’m a returning player, I haven’t been playing since beginning of 2016 and I’m excited to get back to the game
My favorite mode used to be WvW back in the day where you could find quite large population in it daily, though the mode has been dying since (And the final nail in the coffin was HoT and Desert Borderlands …)

I understood there were some significant changes during this year, I’d be extremely thankful if anyone could just generally explain the major changes and where things are right now.

Also I’d love to find a WvW focused guild, would be happy if anyone contacted me in private (I’m in FA, if it still matters.)

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Major changes? We can all be pirates now! Arr!

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Major changes? We can all be pirates now! Arr!

~ Kovu

#Pirateshipmeta

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

If you just come back into wvw you can get acclimated pretty quick . Do you want to roam, havoc, or zerg? Also since you are on FA if you get into ts and hop into a channel of people wvwing we can go over all the changes it’d take too long to type them all out.

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Realtalk:
WVW got worse.
-Too much Bunker Meta
-As solo roamer you got mainly 0 Chance if ure not a thief, because everyone is roaming in Groups/Zergs.
-Most wvw solo roamers are trolls with trap thiefs/condi mesmers

If u are a Zerg guy, nothin changed

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Eh i roam with ele and often solo …. And get killed by 3-5 man groups XD …
But i win against thiefs (unless a good one runs away fast …) XD.

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Best to read changes for yourself or experience them. Everyone has a different play style. For instance you might like the new deploy able cannons. I however am not a fan.

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

you will probably like wvw fine enough as FA is bottom tier but there is plenty of population even here because of server merges.

Stuff gets upgraded, stuff gets flipped, pretty sure FA always has a good sized group on at all times if you looking to zerg some.

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

WvW has linkings now, youll be paired with a server or two or three
aside from that, nothing major

so many people suggested the alliancy globally colory thingy to solve wvw population problems
they want WvW to be EoTM

i wonder if the wvw people suggested that or the eotm people
i dunno both modes are for this thread anyway the wvw forum section

edit:
i shall define what major changes for me is
a major change is something like you put another mode same as pvp on wvw but on a larger scale, you put 10v10 or 30v30 or 80v80 open field fight queues on the unnoticed and rarely used Obsidian Sanctum map

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

What are you doing on the forums bro. Theres pirate hats in the gem store! :O

Attachments:

[varX] Limitless Potential

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

- tactivators (were the first wtf??? when i came back)
- smc has stealth water at high tiers
- the destructible wall at wildcreek is now facing the middle lane (moved opposite sides)
- run an elite spec unless your playing guard (even then, it’s still an option)
- runes of durability are a fan fav unless running a duel or roamer build
- boon duration is through the roof

Playstyles … still very much the same. Groups zerg eachother, small groups pick stragglers, there is a /team chat now that crosses all BL’s for scouting purposes

My personal favourite update – Desert. Added a new hay bale to the southeast side of the Desert borderlands.

massive changes

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

My personal favourite update – Desert. Added a new hay bale to the southeast side of the Desert borderlands.

massive changes

They would have added pitchforks too but anet didn’t want all the zerglings wielding them at their office door!

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

massive changes

They would have added pitchforks too but anet didn’t want all the zerglings wielding them at their office door!

kittening Priceless! You are getting my +1 for sure man.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

You are back? Run run for your life. o.o

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Same game with fewer tiers. There have been some minor adjustments but the bunker meta is king in all facets of play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Hi,
I’m a returning player, I haven’t been playing since beginning of 2016 and I’m excited to get back to the game

I understood there were some significant changes during this year, I’d be extremely thankful if anyone could just generally explain the major changes and where things are right now.

Eternal Battlegrounds
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Enjoy.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

WvW is jacked up don’t come back

State of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

T1 and T2 lot of blobbing but not really that bad. If you’re trying to solo roam in ebg you had better be on a troll build though.

T4…depends on what you’re after. Disorganized chaos I generally love. Everyone going down like they’re made of cheap paper gets old really quick.

T3 and T4 big dead spaces. Sometimes a server will have a blob and 1 or 2 will be sleeping or whatever so ktrain.

T1 and T2 is more even usually. If a server is stacked in a timezone the other servers tend have at least some roaming or doing dmg control.

Skirmish changes are awsome imo. You can rack up quite a bit of warscore just by killing and not dying. Servers can’t get away with running map blob ktrains with .4 kdr and roamers can contribute quite a bit just killing things. Just don’t get farmed. 2 or 3 pts every time you get double downed.