State of WvW

State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: shmead.4915

shmead.4915

Probably been said a million and 1 times before, but the state of WvW in EU is a bit of dire straits right now, mainly due to the Server Linking.

The way it is with the linking now is awful, the bottom 2 match-ups are pretty dead, not even 20k kills for 1 server in a match-up in a week. 24×7= 168 hours in a match-up which equates to 120 kills an hour or 2 kills a minute.. That’s pretty dire. Compare that to NA where the winning server has hit 20k kills and it’s about the same (with 12 servers compared to Eu’s 15)

A few propositions…

1) Reset Servers/Glicko to 9 Servers.

2 French Servers
2 German Servers
1 Spanish Server
4 European/National Servers

I feel this would better balance the European National Servers which are the ones who really do suffer and it can be seen quite clearly even with the linkings that the competitive nature of WvW is dying.

I only had 1 proposition, please fix game mode <3

State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It’s not just WvW. The whole game needs direction. MO isn’t able to do all the jobs and (I guess) they are trying to replace all the senior staff who’ve gone. All of this has led to their lack of direction being second biggest disappointment of 2016 over at MassivelyOP:

http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/22/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-mmorpg-disappointment-of-2016/

[Correct at time of writing]

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Well there’s the obvious reason, I would think amazon has better pay, hours, and support. Anyone in their position would the same to expand their resume and jump on that opportunity. My guess is they are left with many soldiers but few commanders at anet currently. And that’s gotta put things at a stand still progress wise. One guy in MO can’t do that, you’d go nuts. w

Then there’s the conspiracy theory, why did so many sr. staff leave? IMO, HoT really broke the entire game, communities dissolved, wvw..well we all know, dungeons became irrelevant, raids was not the big thing they hoped for, and pvp isn’t going to be an esport I’m sorry anet. I feel like HoT did the reverse of what you are suppose to get in a expansion.

If anything, the direction the last year is quite questionable whoever is steering the ship.

Dtox

State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I would not say HoT was a bust. There are things I like about HoT and maybe a few more things I do not like about it. To bad they could not get the perfect balance. But I guess that is tough to do, and please everyone at the same time.

(edited by Mylerian.9176)

State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

There are gaming companies out there that flourish because of their interaction with players and their employees, it’s really not a difficult concept, it’s a very easy circle to achieve but you have to know when to put your enormous ego aside which sadly, Anet cannot.

Happy Players = more income, More income = money for raises, Raises = Happy Employees, Happy Employees = more productivity, More productivity = more content, more content = Happy Players.

See how the circle works?

State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

eu looks worse than NA. seen they have maybe 1 or 2 maps q’d in t1 for reset. hardly any guilds just massive blob on reset. Lack of guilds and commanders i guess. Anet has done nothing to grow the game and there’s no new influx of guilds and commanders. might as well just do 3 realms and be done with it.

Native Maguuman

(edited by jamesdolla.3954)