State of WvW. Anet, its getting boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

What is pretty disheartening is ita been more than 24 hours after two MAJOR changes in WvW (mesmers and arrow carts) and yet the only Dev WvW related comments we have gotten so far have been about jumping puzzle chests and ascend gear. While I’m sure it’s tough for them given the scroll of posts on the forums, the complete lack of commentary on the two main WvW is disappointing.

There’s been decent responses relating to the PvE content and while there are a ton of radical posts out there, there is an equal number of reasonable and well thought out posts like this.

Would note that I generally feel like Devon Carver has been great in the past with interaction and feedback, but after such major changes yesterday and no color today, he dropped the ball this time.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

5. The WvW rank system is terrible and boring. Many other mmos have pulled this off correctly and successfully. The current system is bland and doesn’t allow for further character development in WvW. I can site those other mmos for you for examples if needed. Yes some have also done it poorly or made veteran players too powerful. We need a way to feel like we are progressing and not go “oh look I dinged again.. what gimmick ability can I put that point into”.

I think it might be a little early to jump to this conclusion. I would like to be able to see the ranks of people on my home world though.

11. Make some incentive for winning the week in wvw. Like a gold chest for those who have logged over 20 hours in wvw for the week and their server got first place. Silver chest for 2nd etc..

I don’t think people need any more incentive to WvW than what’s already provided, honestly. There’s plenty else to do in the game that offers what you’re asking for that is just as if not more accessible to people.

12. Name plates are too long in wvw. Instead of Fort Aspenwood Squire, Can it just say FA Squire.

No. Compulsive acronym use is annoying and elitist.

13. A more robust commander tab with more options

Eh.

14. Guild commanders that only show up to other guildies on the map. Our guild sometimes wants to remain small in wvw and it helps to follow your guild commander but then you end up with a lot of pugs on your tail.

Communication and / or more commanders is always an option too. I’m not sure why Commanders feel like they should get special privileges.

5. The wxp system is terrible. I probably sound like a broken record but comparing this system to the many others in mmos shows how boring and lacking it is. Its not too early to judge it… for many its too late as they either don’t even care about it or left the game. In DaoC when someone hit realm rank 7+ everyone gave a huge congratz cause it was an accomplishment. I know guys who are already rank 100 and they just mentioned in passing. “Oh hey I just dinged 100” and no one really even cared.

11. There is absolutely no reason to win the weekly match in WvW right now except to stay in your tier or move up a tier. From a server perspective, there should be some reward.

12. Ever see someone hiding behind a corner and you dont actually see the person but you see red text of “penwood Squire” Or watch a wave of red names coming over the next hill.. too much text in this game. Needs to be toned down.

13. I am a commander and I hate the typed out commands.

14. Commanders don’t feel entitled or privileged. We want better ways to lead and organize as well as just lead our guilds in battle. Having a commander tag is great for following and allowing members outside of your party to know where to go… but it also sometimes draws unwanted attention. That is why I feel there should be guild command tags as well.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

(edited by Beachead.4127)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

5. The wxp system is terrible. I probably sound like a broken record but comparing this system to the many others in mmos shows how boring and lacking it is. Its not too early to judge it… for many its too late as they either don’t even care about it or left the game. In DaoC when someone hit realm rank 7+ everyone gave a huge congratz cause it was an accomplishment. I know guys who are already rank 100 and they just mentioned in passing. “Oh hey I just dinged 100” and no one really even cared.

What kind of change would you suggest then? Citing other examples while only offering vague references doesn’t help create change. It just sounds like complaining.

11. There is absolutely no reason to win the weekly match in WvW right now except to stay in your tier or move up a tier. From a server perspective, there should be some reward.

Unless I’m mistaken, aren’t there passive world-based bonuses for increasing a server’s World points, i.e, Medic +% to Healing, Crafter +% to bonus crafting XP, etc? Maybe the answer isn’t to further reward people who are already on top, but rather make the bonuses they’re already receiving more obvious?

12. Ever see someone hiding behind a corner and you dont actually see the person but you see red text of “penwood Squire” Or watch a wave of red names coming over the next hill.. too much text in this game. Needs to be toned down.

Name tags are part of any Massively Multiplayer Online game. They can also be turned off with user interface options if they’re that much of an eyesore. Acronyms are not the answer.

13. I am a commander and I hate the typed out commands.

Wah.

14. Commanders don’t feel entitled or privileged. We want better ways to lead and organize as well as just lead our guilds in battle. Having a commander tag is great for following and allowing members outside of your party to know where to go… but it also sometimes draws unwanted attention. That is why I feel there should be guild command tags as well.

I can jive with that. Maybe they should make y’all pay more gold or influence for special guild commander options too.

I think that unwanted attention in WvW is usually deserved. Want to move as a small squad? Communicate more.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

What is pretty disheartening is ita been more than 24 hours after two MAJOR changes in WvW (mesmers and arrow carts) and yet the only Dev WvW related comments we have gotten so far have been about jumping puzzle chests and ascend gear. While I’m sure it’s tough for them given the scroll of posts on the forums, the complete lack of commentary on the two main WvW is disappointing.

There’s been decent responses relating to the PvE content and while there are a ton of radical posts out there, there is an equal number of reasonable and well thought out posts like this.

Would note that I generally feel like Devon Carver has been great in the past with interaction and feedback, but after such major changes yesterday and no color today, he dropped the ball this time.

Not that I’m defending the changes or anything, but I think it’s best that they don’t immediately respond to this. After big changes like these, people will always cry like it’s the end of the world. That’s even predictable and they must have known it would happen. Only after waiting a while, you’ll start to see what happens once people have accepted the changes and are able to play without constantly thinking “omg why did they change this”, which could be different from what the current forum threads make you believe.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Sinaya

We obviously don’t agree so I will leave it at that. I don’t want this turning into a flame war nor do I want to go cite every mmo’s pvp abilities. Anet is talented enough to figure this out on their own.

Agree to disagree.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Sinaya.4201

Fair enough, Beachead. For the record, I do agree with some of your points – just not all of them.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Some really good ideas, some not so good, some rather trivial. The Devs wont listen, unfortunatly after all this time each update has ignored what the players of the wvw format want which is competitive fights.

The latest update is yet another huge disappointment. I get the impression that however good the ideas that come from forum writers/fans of how to improve the wvw format anet will just ignore them. I and many others have given up hope that anet will see sense and make some real changes that will have a positive effect upon wvw and how it is played.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

13. A more robust commander tab with more options

14. Guild commanders that only show up to other guildies on the map. Our guild sometimes wants to remain small in wvw and it helps to follow your guild commander but then you end up with a lot of pugs on your tail.

This is what bothers me the most. Simple thing to fix and something people have been asking for the since the first beta weekend. A proper grouping system that has the flexibility to meet all guilds and player styles. In GW2 you either have a 5 person group or a zerg…. that’s it. Flagging a commander pin for our 2-3 groups doing guild WvW night turns into a zerg….. when we’re just trying to do some private guild stuff.

They need to allow commanders to hide the pin AND still retain all the functions of a squad. This way guilds can make private squads and have some control over the amount of people for smaller havoc forces or groups trying to stay under the 25 person limit for orange swords.

IMO it’s the worse grouping system I’ve used in the last 5 years for anything over a group.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Oblako.6048

Oblako.6048

I agree with every point. WVW do not have radical changies and it is becoming boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I really want to see more complicated environments, that give more tactical opportunities to people from both sides, and could actually allow smaller zergs to defeat larger ones (thereby getting rid of the whole “zerging problem” everybody always talks about). As it stands, most of the environments that we have access to are relatively flat with easy lines of sight. A mountainous area, a jungle, or whatever could provide with more imbalance, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing as long as it doesn’t favor one team over another, just whoever can get to some given area first.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in WvW

Posted by: Nfamous.4168

Nfamous.4168

Good news: Camelot Unchained kickstarter is successful. DAOC 2 inc! maybe this will force arenanet to finally make WvW a priority.

(edited by Nfamous.4168)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Today was the first day that I played WvW and thought, “wow, this is boring”. This new patch is horrible.

People come to WvW to fight each other. Instead, what do we get?
1. Unkillable NPCs – Gameplay scenario- Run to camp, see there is a buff, and then just stand there for a few minutes. Boring. No NPC guarding an objective should be unkillable ever

2. Overpowered arrow carts. What? I want to fight people, not some arrow cart that I cannot see. This just means that a small group cannot take an objective and so everyone need to zerg even more than before. Boring.

I mean come on ANET. What have we really gotten in WvW anytime recently? No culling, definitely a good thing. Beyond that I can’t name anything. Ascended gear? Nope. WvW skills that are of any value? Nope (I haven’t spent any). More fights between players? Nope.

I know ANET is trying to make changes but they are mostly the wrong moves. They would do well to just listen to the OP from this post.

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

Wow, am I actually in agreement with someone from FA? Haha good points. Buuuuuummpppppp

LOL Agree .. shocking ain’t it..

In fact, I’m starting to feel all funny inside….

We aren’t all blood thirsty barbarians all the time in FA… just most of the time.

Who are you, and what are you doing on FA?? :P I mean, we have noticed a general improvement in your servers playing.. and it hurts .. it hurts!

The next thing you know we won’t be hearing all the FA trolls uptalking themselves because… they no longer have to…

I blame YOU! :P

With posts like this, it shows that intelligent life has sprung up on FA and we will now have to fight two servers instead of one.. not to mention find our humor elsewhere .. and if you think your blood thirsty barbarians are what hurt the most..

Think again!

You guys are killing my fav commanders FA jokes, and ruining WvW for me, I may never be able to play AND laugh at the same time again!

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

7. Thin out the pve mods in pvp. Nothing is more frustrating than attacking a thief right as they stealth and instead hitting a freakin gold moa and now I have a thief AND moa on me. Or having someone rally because they killed a pve mob.

This. As a Necro nothing frustrates me more than using the warhorn locust skill for swiftness and then needing to dodge every mob to avoid getting in combat.

As a necro you should love the critters. Nothing better then full death shroud when entering combat.

When i’m bored or have scouting duty or wait for a buff I tend to kill mobs, and they often gave me good reward (sometimes so good, that i could fully upgrade a tower with the money i made from them). No i’m not saying wvw should be pve, but I like the mix. In pvp, you have no mobs, boring imo. In pve you have no opponent players. In wvw you have both. That’s what always attracted me to the game mode. There really not that much mobs around in wvw, so I think this ain’t a problem. It also makes it possible to do dailies easier (like kill 13 different kind of mobs), dont have to pve for it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

I guess Anet thinks adding traps to WvW will make it fresh again. Who is driving the brainstorming sessions over there and is anyone listening to the community?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

Today was the first day that I played WvW and thought, “wow, this is boring”. This new patch is horrible.

People come to WvW to fight each other. Instead, what do we get?
1. Unkillable NPCs – Gameplay scenario- Run to camp, see there is a buff, and then just stand there for a few minutes. Boring. No NPC guarding an objective should be unkillable ever

2. Overpowered arrow carts. What? I want to fight people, not some arrow cart that I cannot see. This just means that a small group cannot take an objective and so everyone need to zerg even more than before. Boring.

I mean come on ANET. What have we really gotten in WvW anytime recently? No culling, definitely a good thing. Beyond that I can’t name anything. Ascended gear? Nope. WvW skills that are of any value? Nope (I haven’t spent any). More fights between players? Nope.

I know ANET is trying to make changes but they are mostly the wrong moves. They would do well to just listen to the OP from this post.

I could have written this post myself it matches exactly how I feel about WvWvW right now – very boring since last patch. Doesn’t help we are up against a server again that is not only already infamous for its over-use of siege but who have already stated that if they meet us in open field they will just run and turtle.

To the OP though, +100 sir. While I don’t get excited by everything on the list I can at least see that there are enough people that WOULD get excited over them. Devon are you reading this thread? This is what you should have been thinking about instead of traps my friend.

Aurora Glade [KISS]

in WvW

Posted by: Myrmidone.4362

Myrmidone.4362

To the KISS Guy above you forgot to mention your PvDoor every night……….boring.

Greets Myrmi

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

maps are dammn small!!!

keep/Towers/castle are dammn easy to take when it only needs to be trbed from other keep/Towers/castle, in some you can even be almost ACarting tower-tower with it.

Golem rush.
zerg brings supply for 5 trebs,spike build.
castle conquered.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Sinaya.4201

For the record, I was mistaken on the color changing within tiers idea. It should and will be addressed, luckily!

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

I am already experiencing boredom/burn out. There is really nothing left to play FOR. WvW is stale, same match up/guilds, maps, exploits, strategies, etc. Nothing is being communicated with WvW community but “have faith” and “be optimistic.” How? When people are already bored with this game and its “functions.” Major let down, this had potential, but patch after patch of kitty stuff, the best players in WvW have already departed and more will, eventually after “hope” is gone. /qq

in WvW

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

@ OP

Some great points. Maybe giving out meaningful rewards, possibly including unique items, to top wvw players would be a good incentive to get people out in the BL’s more. But of course to do that, AN will likely also have to increase the map limits!

And more commander options definitely needed. In my guild we usually target the commander even if he’s got his commander icon on, because it’s easier for people to track him, especially in fights – and especially also if the commander is playing a short character. And if our commander doesn’t want to pop his tag, targeting is the ONLY way to track him. So yes, we need both a better commander icon and we need an icon that can only be seen by guild members.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I think a guild commander tag would be worth 200 gold to me. I would love to have that option.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

Interesting that this was posted around the time that GW2 turns six months old. What has happened since then? What has ANet done for those of us who have dedicated hours towards this one aspect of the game that we bought the game for? Fixed culling? /golfclap

These are all good suggestions, but I could make two more.

1. Be more forthcoming with what you plan to do. Don’t keep so much stuff a secret. In the event you decide to change things around, at least…

2. Give us a kitten public test server to try things out!

Nearly everyone on my server is bored. How much longer do we have to wait for real change to take place?

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Interesting that this was posted around the time that GW2 turns six months old. What has happened since then? What has ANet done for those of us who have dedicated hours towards this one aspect of the game that we bought the game for? Fixed culling? /golfclap

These are all good suggestions, but I could make two more.

1. Be more forthcoming with what you plan to do. Don’t keep so much stuff a secret. In the event you decide to change things around, at least…

2. Give us a kitten public test server to try things out!

Nearly everyone on my server is bored. How much longer do we have to wait for real change to take place?

but… you got arrowcarts!

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: kovah.9764

kovah.9764

bump for the sake of bump

“Dear Dev’s, please nerf Rock, it is way OP. Paper is fine, leave it as it is.”
Signed, Scissors.

in WvW

Posted by: Punkins.2087

Punkins.2087

To provide an alternative point of view, I love all GW2 pvp exactly because it is all fight and no carrot-chase.

When I get sick of it, its invariably just because I’ve been playing too much.

To each his own, for sure.

Also, I wonder how many of the people ‘bored’ with wvw are the same crowd that clearly cares little, if at all, about honing personal skill. PvP should always be about player skill progression and never about materialistic gain. By design, you have pve for that.

(edited by Punkins.2087)

in WvW

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I think I’d have prefered 3 massive servers fighting eachother, faction wise, rather than 20+ where people would just bandwagon to T1/2 ones and leave the rest for dead.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

11. Make some incentive for winning the week in wvw. Like a gold chest for those who have logged over 20 hours in wvw for the week and their server got first place. Silver chest for 2nd etc..

Long as character transfers are allowed paid or otherwise, this will never happen.

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

I think I’d have prefered 3 massive servers fighting eachother, faction wise, rather than 20+ where people would just bandwagon to T1/2 ones and leave the rest for dead.

Everyone will be on one big super server in TESO. Will be interesting how they pull it off.

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

Everyone on your server eh?

Take a break man. No monthly fee means you don’t feel like you are forced to play to get your moneys worth

in WvW

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

Yeah, the AC are way overpowered at this point. I’ve been seeing in a ZvZvZ groups setting them up in the open field and nearly wiping everyone. By unkillable NPCs I’m guessing the ones that guard the supply places? I forget what they are called but they hit like a kittenkitten. Forgive me if I haven’t run into others. But these can be taken down rather quick with dark fields from what I’ve seen as nothing else seems to harm them, fire just seems to power them up, then bam, something hits and suddenly they melt.

Are they timed? I’m not sure. I’ve run from and attacked one forever and no luck. Then a group swarmed me and that was that. But I’ve only seen dark fields hurt them from the start. Unless I’m very mistaken. Which is possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ok this is going to take a good bit.

1. If each border land was diffrent then the teams on the “good” borderland would have the best time as holding it and the “bad” borderland would have the worst time holding it. It would make the game very weekly hoping that you would not get the bad side vs the good side. EB is close to this Red having the advantages for both def and attk but because its only one map you can make up losses or the lack of gain on EB on the other 3 maps. It also makes it so ppl can understand tricks on the BL maps. Its a lot like why we have a very set of armor and colors for ability its all for recondition.

2. This has a lot to do with EB more then any thing and give the teams a good idea where there standing is. This is another recondition Anet has put in WvW.

3. And if you had no spaces would your screen be spammed with prick up this loot? Its best to keep as much as a play can do as a chose not an auto action.

4. Its called daily and monthly you can get ascended items from wvw because daily and monthly are apart of WvW. Its not the best way but it still works.

5. It realty dose not make vet players that much stronger then new players. You have ppl who call the WvW ranking system too week and wish it was stronger. The simple fact that one person max every thing still cant take down 2 ppl most of the time. This is not about having one person fighting another its about larges number fighting other larges numbers at the same time. Your always going to have a mix of vets and new players on your side at any given time. Now knowing tricks to maps that is the adages that vets have over new players but there nothing that Anet can do to fix that type of adage.

6. What class is that? I cant think of a class that has no use in wvw. Agen wvw is about larges scale combat small scale combat is Spvp.

7. That part of knowing your environment new players will not have this info but older players will. Using the environment is a major part of WvW.

8. Its up to 2 a day wvw only but you can also do gathering mob kills underwater kill wight mob kills in truth you can do your daily in wvw alone you can do your monthly most of the time in wvw alone.

9. Fractual skins are pve only that why we get a weapon from 28+ not a skin. You cant take away the main reason ppl run pve and give them to wvw now adding in wvw only skins would be nice but that more of a time thing then any thing else.

10. So the big thing about AC they are a weapon that dose not need line of sight so they are very effective at dealing with trebs that are way out side of the ranges of 1200 ranges there needs to be a counter to them. Even trebs cant counter all the other trebs due to evasion. Blisa can deal with some but its a line of sight weapon so there are a lot of places that a blisa cant hit.

11. That not too bad of an idea but how do we deal with the different T? Should we make the rewards better for T1 vs T5 first places? If not then we may have a “race to the bottom” where guilds want the rewards so they flee high level wvw.

12. Not every one know what FA would stand for its best to spell it out. This helps new players a lot.

13. Ya i can see this but it can be any thing that effects there power of EVERYONE would get a commander and WvW will become nearly P2W.

14. That would be fun i am guessing they can do this but i am not sure if they can.

Wvw is very fun as long as you are playing it the “right” way. WvW is not a solo pvp its a larges scale fight between worlds. Its also a very “sandbox” type of fighting so players will be as cheep as posable all the time. You will run into troll a lot of them but that part of playing a “sandbox.” So do not put too much into losing or even wining a 1 v1 fight or even a 5 v5 fight they are nothing more then battles in a war its the war that you want to win.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

Greets Myrmi

Why not keep comments like this to the matchup thread? I’ll gladly call out servers, guilds, even individuals in that thread for all kinds of things but I don’t think this is the place for it.

But yup Myrmi, nothing else to do 75% of the time – no one to fight at night, or more specifically not enough enemy who want to fight at night. Guilds are logging off earlier and playing less every… single… day. Pugs and entire servers it seems run and turtle from us and other guilds that want to fight players rather than engage in siege wars.

Across the two servers that we face now there are fights at night, but there are 3 or 4 guilds hungry for those fights on our server, what should we do – all rush in against those few enemy? Would that be fun? Not for us.

So what else should we do? Go PvE? Personally I’m just killing time waiting for some epithany from the WvWvW devs (or ESO, whichever comes first).

I’m spending almost as much time on the forums as I am in WvWvW. That should tell you something – I still care about the game, want to enjoy it but currently find it exceedingly boring.

Aurora Glade [KISS]

(edited by Ntranced.7415)

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

I think a guild commander tag would be worth 200 gold to me. I would love to have that option.

Personally, the way I’d like it to work is that “Guild Commander” was an upgrade from the Art of War VI, that you could buy with merits, and then set ranks that are allowed to use it. So anyone from that rank would be able to use the tag, without having to pay with gold, or having problems with using alts etc.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: pcpsong.3850

pcpsong.3850

Still no response from ANet, there’s a surprise.

So much promise at the outset of GW2 with developers doing all their video shoots and eulogising about the game, the gameplay etc communicating with the community etc now they’ve disappeared back down their rabbit hole and are sticking their fingers in their ears going ‘la la la have some arrow carts that’ll fix it la la la’.

Come on Anet we thought you were better than that….

Song – Mesmer
[VcY] Velocity – www.velocityeugaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Getting…..?
It got so a long time ago

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Yeah, the AC are way overpowered at this point. I’ve been seeing in a ZvZvZ groups setting them up in the open field and nearly wiping everyone. By unkillable NPCs I’m guessing the ones that guard the supply places? I forget what they are called but they hit like a kittenkitten. Forgive me if I haven’t run into others. But these can be taken down rather quick with dark fields from what I’ve seen as nothing else seems to harm them, fire just seems to power them up, then bam, something hits and suddenly they melt.

Are they timed? I’m not sure. I’ve run from and attacked one forever and no luck. Then a group swarmed me and that was that. But I’ve only seen dark fields hurt them from the start. Unless I’m very mistaken. Which is possible.

I would just like to point out that they fixed the NPCs to be completely unkillable for 5 minutes after taking their objective. Camp and Tower lords hit reasonably hard with that buff on, and keep lords are just evil.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

they are nothing more then battles in a war its the war that you want to win.

Have you ever thought about this though? Do people really want to win that war? On my server it seemed not so. People valued WXP and personal kill count much more than winning. If anything, winning too much is bad because after reset you’ll get steamrolled in the next tier.

To make your quote true for everyone, Arenanet needs to implement some sort of prize or advantage for winning, rather than just a server rating.

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

I agree with everything that you’ve said. Unfortunate just looking from them not doing anything about Ascended in WvW since November should say a lot about their development. We’re lucky to get these things in a year if that..

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

Not Auto-loot. Auto-loot is bad.

What would be nice is if the loot bags themselves showed up in inventory as stackable items to 250. Then you can open them later at your leisure and you should never come close to inventory issues. I’d have the bags be soul bound (account bound at the most) so they don’t wind up cluttering the TP.

one of the best idea around here, since a long while (beside the OP ones that are pretty good too). hope someone in Anet come around before everybody vanish to the next game …

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in WvW

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Everyone will be on one big super server in TESO. Will be interesting how they pull it off.

Well everyone would have a piece of the pie and have the chance to be part of what’s going on.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

Not Auto-loot. Auto-loot is bad.

What would be nice is if the loot bags themselves showed up in inventory as stackable items to 250. Then you can open them later at your leisure and you should never come close to inventory issues. I’d have the bags be soul bound (account bound at the most) so they don’t wind up cluttering the TP.

one of the best idea around here, since a long while (beside the OP ones that are pretty good too). hope someone in Anet come around before everybody vanish to the next game …

Good idea but will never happen. The “loot issue” is there so that impatient players buy extra bag inventory / bank space for real life cash to help keep anet afloat…..

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Greets Myrmi

Why not keep comments like this to the matchup thread?

mostly because its one of the worst issues since launch.
You win matchups at night and what you do prime time doesn t Worth anything.

That for europe at least.
In order to fight on even grounds people have to deal with an alarm clock when their pc is shut down rather than playing…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

I don’t understand the people who are knee jerkingly mad about the idea of a guild-viewable only commander tag

It would do more to reduce large zergs than any other change you could possibly make in this game.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

Greets Myrmi

Why not keep comments like this to the matchup thread?

mostly because its one of the worst issues since launch.
You win matchups at night and what you do prime time doesn t Worth anything.

That for europe at least.
In order to fight on even grounds people have to deal with an alarm clock when their pc is shut down rather than playing…

Correct. Servers with high off peak traffic will dominate the scoreboard because their off peak team has less resistance to deal with and can tick high ppt’s for hours on end.

in WvW

Posted by: Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Would also be nice if there was a monthly for WvW, since PvP and PvE have a monthly achievement for rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i dont care about daily or monthly but somehow im able to make 2 w/o problems on wvw, so its fine!

P.S: made the May monthly yesterday, was pretty amuzing to achieve something that i dont care lol(played like 1h per day or sometimes just logged to chat.. )

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Would also be nice if there was a monthly for WvW, since PvP and PvE have a monthly achievement for rewards.

And you get ascended armor. , good suggestion though; i do hope they do something about WvW; it’s dying slowly.

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

I disagree with the title’s thread, BUT I do not agree with the information placed there.

Good ideas for improvement. Many have been stated, but it is a good starting point. Hopefully we can be heard

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Bump.

In all seriousness though, I doubt most of the point will happen since AN only have a group dedicated for WvW, which also mean getting new map etc will take a long time. Maybe wait another 2-3 years? I probably will be playing new mmo by that time, so AN, do something to keep your players please?