State of WvW: Roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

Q:

The more i play this game the more i feel there is NO room (almost no objective as well, unless you like take camp 24/7) for roamers in WvW. Even players going with the classes made for roaming rather play in huge groupe and gank only one guy with at least 15 players (lack of skill certainly?)… every single EU server (idk if it’s different in NA) behave the same way: barush, kodash, piken, sfr, Gankdara, and so on..

Do you guys feel the same when roaming?

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Transfer to an NA server, I have to disagree. Roaming isn’t as good as it used to be, but it is good here still.

Some of my solo roaming videos are in the link below for your viewing pleasure.
http://asphyxia.tv/stream-highlights/

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I roam with a couple friends as we hang on TS (or I wouldn’t be playing GW2 still) and I’m sure the gank squads running around and constantly 7v1ing people are in the same boat. Solo at this stage is something I find to be pretty boring especially with the power creep and the fact that I’d rather not play condi (main is Mesmer and the way it applies conditions is a snooze fest) or PvE for new gear sets for other characters.

For the most part I make it a point to sit out fights if it’ll get lopsided unless there’s a particular player or build present that needs proper burial. The mode allows players to use discretion, many choose the “red is dead” philosophy and wonder why others feel less inclined to even bother with a lose/lose situation.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Roaming is good in NA, especially during eu hours. Some servers get a bit blobby during NA prime but most are still good.
In T2 through T4 I find plenty of solo roamers and groups of 2 or 3. I mostly stick to the bl’s though.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Roaming is solid in NA as others stated. I was defending FABL N camp for a couple hours just a few minutes ago and had more than twenty 1-3 v Me fights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Roaming ok in NA. The little cowards that run is boring though, which is 90% of engagements but for the most part, it’s ok.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Roaming ok in NA. The little cowards that run is boring though, which is 90% of engagements but for the most part, it’s ok.

Sounds like you need more mobility in your build. Roaming isn’t dueling, you need to be able to chase them down.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you are tagging stuff like bay and then running to sw sentry, don’t be surprised if you get run over by a mob.

If you are in a southern camp located near the 3rd faction’s spawn, don’t be surprised if you get run over by a mob going for supply to cap the southern towers.

With 15+, they arnt chasing YOU, they are chasing loot.
Well unless you get super good/obnoxious ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Sounds like you need more mobility in your build. Roaming isn’t dueling, you need to be able to chase them down.

Yeah, you’re probably right tbh. I just don’t care anymore lol, they can run.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yeah, you’re probably right tbh. I just don’t care anymore lol, they can run.

I let them go too if they put huge distance fast and/or its towards a tower/keep.
That’s one thing I been seeing alot of, portal hugging.
I had a ranger I was chasing keep disengaging and I finnaly had him but he ran into tower, I turn to leave and it’s pbs/RF into my back half a second later.
If they run into a camp, I happily burry them there.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Roaming is better further down in EU….like T5-6.

You still get run over by blobs if you’re against DL, AM, Dz but Viz will at least send 8 people to AC you for 15 mins before calling a blob in.

GH was also blobby but also had roamers and duellers, can’t comment on my own server WSR/RoF but we do have smaller groups going around and some will let you do a fair 1v1 so long as you don’t take camps.