Stats for commanding

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Looking to get more into commanding a zerg, Likely mostly on Rev, but I do like guardian from time to time, and have a few questions:

1) Is it worth it snagging wanderers armor? Or Just go soldiers/sentinels?

2) Pros/Cons of those 2 classes for commanding?

3) What numbers am I aiming for with HP, Armor?

4) Would making an ascended set instead of 2 exotics (at a much steeper cost) actually be worth it?

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

What class you play doesn’t really matter that much as long as you are tanky enaugh, tho I’d recommend guardian the most.

The advantages of playing guardian are 1) you’ve got your own stability and don’t have to rely on your group members, 2) you can always call empowers with the right timing and know how long to wait for it because you are casting it yourself, 3) you’ve got the leaps to go forward (even though other classes have that as well). 4) because of your natural low health pool you’ve got a better idea of what your zerg can withstand than say a warrior on full 37k hp with all immunities.

Concerning your stats you should just go full bunker, pvt because you wanna be absolutely sure that you are alive at all times to keep leading.

Personally I think I’ve never seen a Rev commanding.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The only ascended piece of gear worth crafting is your main weapon. The rest you will just convert from ascended armor box drops. Trinkets should be ascended because they are just that easy to get. Backpiece doesn’t matter but they are not too hard to come by if you pickup the bloodstone reward track which can also get you hot stat trinkets.

I’d use wanderers.

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

Personally I think I’ve never seen a Rev commanding.

Mal, from OnS (on TC) commands on a Rev

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

Consider when building super tanky, as many will suggest, not everyone with you will be as tanky (or you wont have any damage). so when you are casually walking through damage or under pressure you tend to lose touch with what your ideal team can withstand, this reinforces bad positioning and tactics.

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

I can’t say much about the numbers themselves but I’d suggest two armor sets: one close to what your regular melee players will be using, and another one pretty tanky.

The first one is just for regular commanding. Having your stats being close to your frontline will give you a better understanding of your frontline damage, defense and sustain. Because if you have very different stats you might have 80% of your hp up and ask people to push but your frontline could have only 30% and the push be a disaster.

The second tankier set is just because you eventually will be pinsniped. It will happen. And if you’re not experienced, being tankier will help you to deal with it.

Pumpkin – Mag

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Almost all commanders are guardians and I also think that is the best choice for commanding and survival (mobility with jumps, blocks/invulns, stability/empower, self-healing, blocking opponents) but if you have a guild that will support you when you command, then other classes can be fine as well.

Wanderer armor isn’t really worth it atm on some classes even if you go boonshare meta, as the max boon-duration increase you can get is 100%.
For example if you are a guardian with staff and have a herald in your party and have durability runes then you already are at 90% boon duration with the right traits and without food. That’s why I would prefer soldiers armor if I was you unless you prefer other runes on your armor.

Like has been said: ascended weapons and trinkets are worth it. Armor not so much, if you can, make breastplate and pants ascended (for example with ascended armor chests your dropped) but honestly: not forgetting your foodbuffs will be more important than a full set of ascended armor.

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Just mix and match stats that is tanky enough to hold and damaging enough to kill. If you want to go for fancy things like healing stats or boon duration stats or whatever, make sure it actually work along well with the group you are running with.

I think all highly skilled commanders use guardians, not because of whatever reasons we have guardians in the squad. The main reason is because the squad has a biggest percentage made up of guardians, is easier for you to grasp the timing or cooldowns of that class’s skills instead of relying on calls in voice which have some small delay in between.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Stats for commanding

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Like everyone else mentioned, guard is kinda king of commanding. I wear sentinel and PTV mix with my guard and usually the last to die with tag. Seems to hold up very well.

I have seen necromancer commanders with nomad gear on take insane punishment but not sure if that is still a thing.