Stealth?

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

What if no class could stealth out of combat. how would that effect the game.

yes i know thief QQ much wow. but overall how would it effect WvW.?

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

A sword thief with no access to stealth would still kill u.

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

If no class could stealth out of combat in WvW:

• Thief trait 50% movement speed
  • Trapper Rune stealth bonuses
  • Thief F1 stolen skill alongside many of their skills 100% useless (e.g; Blinding Powder, Blinding Tuft, Shadow Refuge etc)
  • Many skills and combo fields redundant in terms of tactical defense/setting up a spike (e.g; Druid GS leap through smokescale ability, Toss Elixir S, Stealth Gyro)
  • Stealth disruptor trap redundant because yo homie can’t stealth in the first place
  • Goodbye mesmer veil/mass invis combo onto your enemy

Probably more but those are just off the top of my head…

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

What if no class could use passives/boons/stealth/skills/etc out of combat? :x

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The stupid thing is that I have no idea whether the OP truly meant out of combat or if he really meant in combat.

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

You don’t need stealth to get out of combat anyway

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Fipmip.7219

Fipmip.7219

well, you wouldn’t be able to do things like stealth blast before an engagement, or use stealth to get away from a chaser or 50

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Okay, so I don’t know which route you’re going with this, so I’ll answer both.

Unable to stealth when outside of combat changes:
Basically nothing. Backstab thief builds already aren’t all that great, and portal bombs already don’t work.

No one calls for veil, no one cares about veil.

And honestly, smoke + blast doesn’t accomplish much in GvGs anyway. Let alone in zergs.

Now, for using stealth to get out of combat:
This changes literally nothing.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Maybe for the two professions with 1527 teleports. On ranger (well, druid) stealthing away to escape combat is a fairly common approach I take. I imagine some engineers would feel the same way.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Maybe for the two professions with 1527 teleports. On ranger (well, druid) stealthing away to escape combat is a fairly common approach I take. I imagine some engineers would feel the same way.

~ Kovu

I’ve chased a ranger to the ends of the earth. The stealth isn’t necessary to escape combat unless you’re totally overrun.

As for engineer, it accomplishes nothing. Engie’s only long enough stealth is on a gyro, and the gyro will keep you in combat anyway.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Stealth?

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Yeah ok with the 1527 ports 2 classes have, the rest don’t need to run away because they have a ton of passives and or, invuls

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

The less stealth, the better. It is absolutely broken.

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

~ Kovu

I’ve chased a ranger to the ends of the earth. The stealth isn’t necessary to escape combat unless you’re totally overrun.

As for engineer, it accomplishes nothing. Engie’s only long enough stealth is on a gyro, and the gyro will keep you in combat anyway.

I can claim false on both terms (as I have mained engi and ranger/druid…ranger being my most played to date)

I have seen a lot of situations where stealth was a make or break for strategies (both zvz and 1v1 and 1v2)

Say what you will, using 1 druid in your rebuttal doesnt mean that all druids are the same way. There has been many times where stealth from LB and leaving astral force led me to victory. They may not have used stealth but not everyone uses that 1 build. Please don’t blanket all druids need for steal based on 1 instance.

Scrapper/Engi. Same thing. When I ran my DPS bunker buster build, stealth was important, despite being in combat sometimes. It allowed me to reposition myself strategically. Even when I ran P/P engi, my stealth allowed me to get teh first burst on my opponent. Without it made it significantly harder (blowtorch is really touchy on positioning).

Mesmer uses it more for survival. Help them with shatter bursts, condi bombs however it lets them gtfo more often than not. I still see groups use veil (saw one a monthish ago with 2 chronos using viel) Thieves are squishy af so it helps for both survival and DPS spikes (cept the ol ghost thiefs…however they got nerfed). Lots still go the smokefield/SB blasts for group stealth.

Depending on what tier server you are in, you may see it, you may not.

Now…lets have some bacon.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Yeah ok with the 1527 ports 2 classes have, the rest don’t need to run away because they have a ton of passives and or, invuls

Its funny how a lot of people don’t seem to count evasion frames among the options for damage mitigation.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i agree it would impact thief the most(simple balance fix solve that issue). But i think more pro side to this then cons am i wrong ?

you all claim no difference to it so how would it be bad ?.

only thing i see on topic is leaving a fight with stealth. i mean you still need to be 2500 range to break combat.

you could design it so simply just cant apply more stealth to you once you are out of combat so if you go out of combat with 15 seconds of stealth it just slowly time off you.

to be clear i am simply just open talking about the idea. please do not get upset at suggestion that anet would take this seriously. i just like hearing people view on how WvW could change or improve.

Stealth?

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Its funny how a lot of people don’t seem to count evasion frames among the options for damage mitigation.

~ Kovu

True. But considering some classes can have permea vigor or close and still spit our defensive passive boons (scrapper/ele) but when a thief can only dodge, that wrong.

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

~ Kovu

True. But considering some classes can have permea vigor or close and still spit our defensive passive boons (scrapper/ele) but when a thief can only dodge, that wrong.

“only dodge”, lol of the year.

Stealth?

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Well that’s all they seem to do, with the random bandit’s defence and stealth but it’s mostly dodging, you should know this lol. Otherwise they will just shadow step/shortbow 5 and get out of combat.

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

i agree it would impact thief the most(simple balance fix solve that issue). But i think more pro side to this then cons am i wrong ?

you all claim no difference to it so how would it be bad ?.

only thing i see on topic is leaving a fight with stealth. i mean you still need to be 2500 range to break combat.

you could design it so simply just cant apply more stealth to you once you are out of combat so if you go out of combat with 15 seconds of stealth it just slowly time off you.

to be clear i am simply just open talking about the idea. please do not get upset at suggestion that anet would take this seriously. i just like hearing people view on how WvW could change or improve.

Yep.. it would force A-net to eliminate at least 8 skills.
-cloak and dagger
-sneak attack
-back stab
-tactical strike
-blinding powder
-smoke bomb
-hide in shadows.

Each of these have the primary function of working either IN stealth, or causing stealth. It would be pointless to use them out of combat…..

The fact that someone uses stealth as an escape, Shouldn’t be a reason to get rid of it as an option.

It wouldn’t just impact their class the most, it would turn the class into a noodle swinging non spell casting, 900 range base ranger.

It would kill the profession in WvW.

Maining necro, there are positives to that… ????

But I would rather jump into a pit of stealthed thieves and get back stabbed by all of them, then completely break the core aspects of a profession.

(edited by Strider Pj.2193)

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I wouldn’t have a massive problem with it, but I play low/no stealth DD builds with either sword or P/D and I have very little interest in deadeye. It would completely neuter backstab builds however as they rely on getting the first hit, and deadeye would be dead in the water.

Honestly though, there’s bigger issues in wvw to consider than stealth.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The less stealth, the better. It is absolutely broken.

Sadly anet thinks the other way around.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Zhuul.1759

Zhuul.1759

What if no class could stealth out of combat. how would that effect the game.

without in combat stealth AN would prove common sense and might get a job at Blizzard.
Then we would have nobody left to ignore our suggestions

Yes we can Great again

Stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I don’t get much out of stealth in combat unless to de-target myself in large zerg play. I might do a Cloak and Dagger from distance once in awhile for a Tactical Strike but mostly I use stealth out of combat to mask direction or to round corners. There’s not more pros to your idea, just the possibility of making WvW combat more lame than it already is.

Kash
NSP