Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

engineer 15 thingies

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Stealth Groups and PKK - meh wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This has always been possible and yes there might be a shift in the meta toward more thieves, mesmers and maybe even engineers and anti-gank/burst/stealth builds. The former will always come into play earlier than the latter.

People wanted more PvP oriented design, right? That’s what you get. It includes ganking. Much, much more ganking.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Only stupid players leave keeps without zerg.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

lol. before ppk servers scored 250k points.

kitten players making their servers lose by getting spawncamped 10 times. Because there’s only 1 exit to every spawnpoint and because we’re too stupid to organize right?

This forum really doesn’t run out of stupid OPs, especially considering PPK.

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

Do you seriously think anyone gives a kitten about PPT? Nobody cares anymore. They’re just killing you in the most efficient way they can.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Do you seriously think anyone gives a kitten about PPT? Nobody cares anymore. They’re just killing you in the most efficient way they can.

I do.. PPT is love.. PPT is life.. Gotta get dat PPT..

seriously though, one problem is nobody cares anymore.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

TRUTH.

Not enough incentive for towers and keeps = bored stealth zergs.
No incentive to defend – its not fun. loses players

There’s more rewards for killing players in wvw so why wvw.

I don’t think they can ever balance this aspect of the game. 3 years ~

maybe. but the problem with this, as with every game, is that this ganking mentality curbs new folks from playing WvW. they get frustrated and leave and do not come back. And then these same gankers will be back on the forums complaining that there is no population in WvW anymore..

But this all leads to the belief that people do not want ‘fair’ fights with equal numbers. Their main complaint is not that the WvW population is low, its that the popluation that does exist are not easy kills for them anymore. The WvW population is made up of seasoned vets that are not easy kills.

Hence why you see buffoons in the forums saying Anet needs to force PVEers into WvW, close down EoTM, put more rewards to entice folks, etc. What they really want is their easy kills, its too hard for them now.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Wish I’d been in that group.

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Here’s one way to balance it – Have some map XP percentage that Activates PPK for the Player. Get objective – Get map xp – activate PPK for that person. Add rewards that scale with the tier the player works up to.

Like Auric Basin or any other of the pve maps – PPK would be activated by the percentage gained by the player through events completed. WHy not?

Player wants PPK? Player can work for it by doing events – but have it diminish per score tick so eventually they would have to take something to get it back up.

And that’s completely contrary to the reason for adding PPK. It was implemented as a way for fight focused players to contribute to their server. If you’re going to turn the system into a carrot on at stick approach then it’s essentially removing that potential to contribute in an effort to push people out of what they like doing.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

The real problem is thieves and mesmers are boring to fight/kill.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

briggah.7910

I prefer to be spawned camped.. Don’t have to go far to collect my bags :P

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

The real problem is thieves and mesmers are boring to fight/kill.

Yes – And somewhere the point of wvw having objectives is lost. Can we make all of the maps flat? That’ll save time walking to a spawn for fights.

Meh PPK means very little, it adds around 15k – 20k points to a server (in T1 – T2). All servers get nearly the same kills so does nothing.

They were just being trolls spawn camping with a lame stealth gimmick. Don’t get caught.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

briggah.7910

I prefer to be spawned camped.. Don’t have to go far to collect my bags :P

Exactly! it takes all the pressure off of losing ppt!..just make the maps flat with 3 spawns close to each other. Less walking, more fighting, less objective orientation. Who needs those fancy map designers anyway. Just make it a big pvp sandbox with Grey walls that look like a portal test map and we’ll be just fine.

Now I do prefer fights over everything else but most of the epic fights in my memory are all over objectives.. Don’t have any open field fights stuck in my head lol I’m talking about fighting over something, getting bags, dying, running back to get more bags, rinse repeat until objective gets captured, then become sad because the fight is over lol

Just doesn’t happen like this that much nowadays..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

this has nothing to do with ppk being turned on, stealth has always attracted the worst kind of playerbase in WvW roaming since forever, they only left thief momentarily and bandwagoned to new overperforming elite specs and now return when the elite specs are getting toned down and thief buffed.
pre-hot stealth gank groups plagued the roaming scene as usual, there was even a short duration when they moved to mesmer when they were able to burst down +3k armoured builds within a sec from stealth until it got toned down

9 Guardians later…

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Do you score a point for each enemy that dies, or do you score a point for each credited to your side? In other words, if 5 people tag an enemy, when that enemy dies, is he worth one point or 5 points?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

briggah.7910

Do you score a point for each enemy that dies, or do you score a point for each credited to your side? In other words, if 5 people tag an enemy, when that enemy dies, is he worth one point or 5 points?

only 1 point

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Eh….

Let’s assume you spawn camp and kill 100 people an hour. Every hour.

7 days x 24= 168 hours
168*100 = 16800 points.

This is also the same amount you would get for holding a keep, or two towers and a camp.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Thieves got buffed, expect a lot more of them showing up again. Stealth and it’s counters, is, and always will be, crap in this game. They don’t care about ppk as it adds basically nothing except for zerg fights, they’re doing it for kittens and giggles.

Also, three ways to get out of spawn, use one of the other two and stop feeding the farm.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Thank goodness, my thief killing guardian was ready to file for unemployment.

It will be great to see some thieves roaming again.

in WvW

Ultimaistanza.4793

Here’s one way to balance it – Have some map XP percentage that Activates PPK for the Player. Get objective – Get map xp – activate PPK for that person. Add rewards that scale with the tier the player works up to.

Like Auric Basin or any other of the pve maps – PPK would be activated by the percentage gained by the player through events completed. WHy not?

Player wants PPK? Player can work for it by doing events – but have it diminish per score tick so eventually they would have to take something to get it back up.

And that’s completely contrary to the reason for adding PPK. It was implemented as a way for fight focused players to contribute to their server. If you’re going to turn the system into a carrot on at stick approach then it’s essentially removing that potential to contribute in an effort to push people out of what they like doing.

I’m sorry its an objective oriented game mode. You shouldn’t take objectives. You should stealth at a spawn and kill strays.

Like it or not, objectives are only one portion of that now. This isn’t an uncounterable situation and this isn’t something new. Spawn camping has been going on since the beginning and even if ANet were to undo PPK then it would still go on. That being said, you are not without options. This game has 4 different standard WvW maps, each spawn area has multiple exits, there are ranged invulnerable npcs that stand near spawn and one shot any nearby enemy, you are invulnerable to attacks while within a certain distance of spawn, you can summon Siegerazer to soak up some of the dmg and possibly kick some people’s kitten , waypoints/emergency waypoints to circumvent the spawn campers, and you have the the new no-combat reviving you can actually use that to your advantage.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em%22
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Detection_Pulse

Just ask a few people to use these, and queue the angry forum threads. I’m sure you have some rangers lying around, if your zerglings haven’t said anything mean lately, of course.

Barring that, or you only know how to press 4 buttons, build an arrow cart right against your spawn and use that reveal skill too. Can always go to EOTM to steal supply.

It is however true, that you might need a crew to clear out the annoyances. This will require communication and stuff. Once there’s enough resistance, they’ll usually back off because it’s an awful long walk back typically.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Ok, realistically, nobody is killing 100 ppl/hr while spawn camping. Just one tick of SM Castle is enough to counter all of the points one could gain from spawn camping.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, that was my point. Even if you could get that kind of farm, you’d still be better off defending a few towers if you cared about that sort of thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaatora.3186

Kaatora.3186

I much prefer a thief spawn camping and eternally tapping the keep than an overly tanky druid that can escape faster than any warrior can doing the same thing. At least thieves are easy to kill, while the tanky druids are just a waste of time.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Thank goodness, my thief killing guardian was ready to file for unemployment.

It will be great to see some thieves roaming again.

Hahaha! That was a good one!

IMHO, this is a learn-2-play issue (and I don’t use that term often).

As mentioned:

1) Try using the other exits Often that’s all it takes.
2) Go out en masse (larger groups). No walking out alone if you’re frail.
3) Use your skills and talents to escape or “fight back”and kill the enemy. Like Maximillian intimated – there are money making opportunities here!
4) Use situational awareness. If you’re at spawn and your keep is contested, assume there are thieves, mezmers and the like hiding in the bushes out front. You should assume that anyway, but definitely under the above circumstances. (WvW is a PvP zone, you know? )

Don’t get me wrong — I have no profound love for the thief profession and I absolutely hate mezmers. But they are doing their server a service by keeping the enemy’s reinforcements from reaching their militia, and they’re having fun and getting paid (loot bags and PPK). And if you’re oblivious (or lazy) enough to go lolly-gagging out in the great wide open like you’re in Queensdale and you get ganked, then you deserved it (as would I).

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Well, obviously defending your objectives earns points better, but nevertheless this ill-thought change lead to more ganking squads and solo players being chased over half of the map or more. Point wise such behavior makes no sense, but I am just reporting what actually is happening.

Points per Kill (PpK) + buffing the thieves made the game worse for solo roaming, just like I predicted.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Ultimaistanza.4793

Well, obviously defending your objectives earns points better, but nevertheless this ill-thought change lead to more ganking squads and solo players being chased over half of the map or more. Point wise such behavior makes no sense, but I am just reporting what actually is happening.

Points per Kill (PpK) + buffing the thieves made the game worse for solo roaming, just like I predicted.

It’s been legit a day and 7 hours… Maybe give it at least give it a week, for the initial new release fad to die down, before calling foul? lol

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Only stupid players leave keeps / spawn in a straight line….going left/right works wonders…

This is like the stealth squads camping the main gates in DaOC all over again.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This is where stealth traps and sic em becomes handy. Use them and see them flee like scared little girls. Priceless.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This has nothing to do with PPK. Stealth gank groups are there since launch. Should try to get to fight Baruch Bay if you don’t like stealth chickens.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

This is a non issue. If they are standing around your spawn they are wasting their time. If you let yourself get spawn camped you are wasting your time. Multiple solutions have been offered in this thread and you have chosen to ignore them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

See you next golem week.

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

See you next golem week.

Since you haven’t read the thread I guess I’ll recap for you.

There are 3 exits not just one.

Group up and push as one, or even better send a group out one of the other exits to hammer and anvil them.

Build siege

Engineer and Ranger destroy thieves and a stealth trap ruins their day.

If you get a stealth gank group on your map your server needs to put together a hunter group to drive them off the map. This is why I stated this is a non issue. You have all of the tools for this to not be a problem but would rather rage.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

PPK is still new. Expect people to be kittenbags about it for a while. They’ll likely settle down after it hits them that winning still doesn’t matter and the rewards in WvWvW still suck kittens.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I just learned that I was stupid… sob

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

I love this new change, i play engi/necro/druid. most of my guild have always been roamers/small guild group of 5-10 running round harassing bigger groups killing smaller ones. this is what we enjoy, and now we are being rewarded with this PPK system directly pushing our contribution to the servers efforts into play, we flip camps/towers sure, but all those kills along the way add up to LOTS of points.

To the OP, your thread is a thinly veiled hate post directed at a play style you personally do not enjoy, this game has been out for 3 years, if you still do not know there are 3 exits to spawn, or how to fight a thief, I’m terribly ashamed to be sharing the same oxygen as you.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Some think the amount of points per is too small, me among them.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

+1. Would like to see an increase in points on kill, seems too small atm.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Op deleted a bunch of his posts… Or got deleted?
I was responding to a post that isn’t there now, my bad for not quoting <,<

But yeah, statement remains true

in WvW

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

Op deleted a bunch of his posts… Or got deleted?
I was responding to a post that isn’t there now, my bad for not quoting <,<

But yeah, statement remains true

Do you blame me? One guy said he regretted sharing the same oxygen at me. I took it a little hostile. Deleted whatever I said and just simply don’t care anymore. swapping games, taking a break. whatever.

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

in WvW

LetoII.3782

PvP and thin skins don’t mix well.
Gotta roll with the punches a bit guy.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Had a poor fella actually chase me as I exited one of the side routes. Really determined I must say cuz he just kept coming. Found a nice spot to engage and killed him. I could tell he was angry because I tried to party up and discuss the situation and he declined. That is fine…

I sent him/her a few salt packets. Maybe they will get it. Maybe not.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)