Stealth / Invulnerable "Stomping"

in WvW

Posted by: Spiteful prophecy.7130

Spiteful prophecy.7130

Q:

Wondering if ANET means to let us use Mist Form and any stealth skill and the elixor to go invulnerable to those that are downed so we cannot be interrupted while “Spiking” or “stomping” a downed foe. I would like the option of “stealth spiking” or “invuln. spiking” to be taken out of the game. I have also seen people teleport away from the body while in mid-spike and have it still work. Are these exploits? Are they Meant to be in the game?

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

A:

Are these exploits?

No.

Are they Meant to be in the game?

Yes, until the time that the functionality is removed by ANet.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Personally, I like these skills. I don’t wish them to be removed.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

I want a downed-state skill enabling me to challenge the stomping player(s) to a mini-game: thumb wrestling, arm wrestling, or rock-paper-scissors. I want that skill to have a zero second cool down.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

stealth-stomping is just lame cause of how easy it is to get stealthed for thiefs/rangers.

Everything else is fine, since you have to blow a skill with a reasonably long cooldown for it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

stealth-stomping is just lame cause of how easy it is to get stealthed for thiefs/rangers.

Everything else is fine, since you have to blow a skill with a reasonably long cooldown for it.

There are numerous aoe knockbacks that you can use if you suspect a downed ally is being stealth stomped. As far as downed abilities to protect yourself from stealth stomps, mileage varies wildly by class.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Warrior downstate is terrible, single target knockback that half the time shoots the opposite direction.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

IMO stealth stomp is the least annoying stomp thieves have access to.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

If they prevent stealth spiking, then they need to prevent all other forms of spiking.

Here is what I think, screw everyone that likes downed state and just remove it. There, no more stealth stomping.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I don’t mind the invuln/stealth/stability stomps very much because everyone has access to them in some form. I do wish the down states were evened out so that everyone could delay. Engi, warrior, ranger, and necro all rely on having a target and CCing them. Guards are a little better off with their PBAoE knockback. But only ele, mesmer, and thief can reliably delay a stomp when someone uses some form of invulnerability.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

If I had sixpence for every time I’ve managed to delay or avoid a stomp long enough for it to make a blind bit of difference, I might possibly have sixpence.

in WvW

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

I think downed state in WvW is ridiculous anyway. It makes attacking a keep require far less skill and tactics because the defenders can not consistently stomp anyone they do manage to down from inside. No more downed state means defenders can begin to reduce the size of the attacking force and gain the advantage (the way it really should be).

in WvW

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Personally, I like these skills. I don’t wish them to be removed.

I wouldn’t mind seeing downed state go away though. I hate it.

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

They can always be countered when playing with others. I’m pretty certain engineer can counter all types of stomp, probably thief too.

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

I hate getting stealth-stomped because in downed state I can literally do nothing about it. But I can’t do anything about Stability-stomping either. I just generate more hate from being stealth-stomped.
I don’t think anything needs to be changed necessarily. If you have teammates they should be able to save you. If you’re solo, what do you expect?

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Yep, stealth stomping is op atm. Just take a look at the GvG videos commented by Ogre, all the teams are afraid of being stomped by thieves.
The current meta is based on stealth stomping….
(Ironic mode off)
Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Downed state is dumb and unbalanced at the moment.

I’m all in favour of players being easier to stomp, because in my estimation when you’ve made enough mistakes to go down in the first place you should be as good as dead.

The problem is that certain classes (mesmer & thief) have far stronger downed states than other classes. I’m not even kidding, I have critted over 4k with thief downed attack which is multi-target and extremely fast.

Personally I would remove all downed skills except an interrupt (same for all classes) and self-healing when not attacked.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Warrior downstate is terrible, single target knockback that half the time shoots the opposite direction.

At least you can blindly throw your rock somewhere you expect the thief to be. Try to use mesmer downed #2 against someone stealthed without anything else to target around (That said, mesmer downed #2 in general is better than warriors. #3s are totally different and not so easy to compare, though).

Generally, when i am downed without any mob to kill or friendly player to ress me around i usually lost and it doesn’t matter if my opponent stomps me in stealth or not. When there are friendly player around, it’s mainly their task to safe me (AoE stealth via Shadow Refuge/Massinvis works best).

/edit: What i would change about downed state is to disallow hardressing while in combat. This mechanic makes it too easy for superior numbers to win against smaller groups.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

im surprised the blind stomping isn’t on here, d/p thieves can just pop a blind field over the guy and he can’t do anything to stop it.

in WvW

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

tbh, downed state promotes skill-less play anyways. It really shouldn’t be in a pvp game.

in WvW

Posted by: casey.1546

casey.1546

im surprised the blind stomping isn’t on here

LOL, i was about to post this. I hardly ever stealth stomp any more. It is way more rewarding to run over to any of your allies you see who are going to stomp a downed player and lay down that blind field and keep fighting. And when solo, if they can see you stomp them it’s way more satisfying. They’re utterly helpless.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They can always be countered when playing with others. I’m pretty certain engineer can counter all types of stomp, probably thief too.

Must be trolling… eng has by far the worst downed state in the game.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: harrjm.5749

harrjm.5749

Is stealth stomp OP..maybe
I remember tabbing through a large group I came across and finding an uplevel with low health in the middle so I ran in, heartseekered him down, and through up a shadow refuge to stomp him and escape while standing in the middle of the group.

Could another class have pulled that off, doubtful. But was it a game changer/ big deal at all…no.

So sure in the 1v1 it might be a bit much. But in the grand picture its not that big of an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Must be trolling… eng has by far the worst downed state in the game.

He/she probably meant a living engineer protecting a downed comrade by smoke bomb + blast finisher or knockback/stun on the stomper. That said, thieves and mesmers also prevent any kind of stomp by stealthing the downed guy (thief being the most reliable. MI can be easily interrupted and engi combo still takes longer than Shadow Refuge/Blinding Powder).

/edit:

Could another class have pulled that off, doubtful. But was it a game changer/ big deal at all…no.

Sure can. As a mesmer i can distortion-stomp and portal out afterwards. Warriors can be virtually invulnerable while stomping and ecape with GS/Sword mobility afterwards (takes multiple skills to pull off, though, and i wouldn’t really recommend doing it). Engi Elixir S + Rocket Boots/Acid Bomb afterwards or Ele Mistform + LTR is another one.

But against halfway competent opponents it’s usually not worth the effort as any class capable of AoE stealth can counter it.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Stealth stomp is too easy to counter, just lay some aoe on the downed ally, or if u prefer melee then just spam 1 over the body. The stomping thief would then have two options: die or force to withdraw from stomping,