Stealth->downed a second later

in WvW

Posted by: Heatsink.5794

Heatsink.5794

This pretty much sums up combat in WvW. Is this really what you designers had in mind for WvW? Why is my character CONSTANTLY stunned, dazed, and downed? Here’s a hint: that’s not fun. It’s also not what I want in return for my hard-earned money.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Get some damage mitigation. Dodge 1.5sec after you see someone stealth offensively while targeting you.

in WvW

Posted by: Widmo.3186

Widmo.3186

Q_Q,thieves and mesmers too stronk Q_Q

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This doesn’t sound like l2p issues at all.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

stop playing a zergling class and actually play 1 of them OP stealth ganking class’s and learn its gimmicks and tricks.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Roll a meta DH, practice a bit and faceroll most stealth builds.

Since HoT, no average player in a meta build should be going down fast outside of multiple attackers. HoT upped the defensive capability tremendously. Three years ago, a thief could burst down even a tanky player fast. That doesn’t happen anymore outside of poor play, bad builds or overly specialized builds caught in the open.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Maybe you can start by providing your class/build first so people who play that class can help instead of running to the forums and QQing.

People are usually willing to help with this sort of thing because 99% of the time it’s a L2P issue.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Just “Roam” in a group of 10 with mercy runes and res food like all “Roamers” in 2017.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Just “Roam” in a group of 10 with mercy runes and res food like all “Roamers” in 2017.

That wouldn’t make them “Roamers” then but “Havocers”, thus stating the 2nd “Roamers” becomes void :p

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Seeing as he is mentioning stealth, decent chance he’s getting slapped around on thief.

And if that’s the case, learn to play.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m not sure if the OP is saying that his opponent stealths and he is downed or if he stealths and is downed. Both can happen. The latter generally happens only due to AoE.

I remember back shortly after launch the devs said they thought there might be too much AoE in the game. There was a lot of pushback from players, and they pretty much abandoned the idea. There are times I wonder if the game would be better without so much AoE. It would certainly be different.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

The thread title is misleading. I was about to suggest that stealth =/= damage immunity.
Yes, stealth is the most annoying mechanic in the game to deal with. No, they’re not invincible. If you know a thief is about to smack you, pop some stability and ready your counterattack. They’re usually pretty squishy.
Mesmers… are a little more difficult I’ll admit.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

OP sounds like you need to L2P.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Learn 2 autoproc

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

You can’t just go in with staff ele, bunker guard or whatever and expect to 1vsX people with a zerging build, most thieves or mesmers wandering alone or small groups win because they are built to fight against single target players.
If you’re playing a zerg build just stick with the tag and don’t be a tail then those stealth gank roamers won’t get you. If you want to chase squirrels then get a build or class that is capable of fighting them. Playing and learning PvP helps deal with smaller fights; make a medi trapper DH or shout druid or dd ele or thief or whatever, but its rare/impossible to have a build that has amazing team support as well as able to deal with gankers.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows