Stealth stomping,is it fair?

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Searched the forum and couldnt find a related thread,so care someone to enlighten under which parameters is stealth stomping along with quickness not overpowered?
If there is a related developer post please point me to it.
From my point of view paying repair bills with a necromancer for 9 months because of stealth stomping doesnt seem right when i cant do anything about it.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I guess it really goes back to the ongoing discussions (of which there are MANY) about wether stealth at all is fair.

I know what you mean though, when I mistform stomp on me ele it feels OP. In an ideal world, for me personally, things like stealth/immunity/quickness would block the ability to stomp. And this would be offset by a general reduction of hp/def whilst in the downed state. Again as has been discussed before the downed state seems to go on too long and breaks up the flow of pvp in general.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

in WvW

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

with a necromancer for 9 months because of stealth stomping

What happened to your Deathshroud, can´t you hit it quickly enough?
Thought about going WvW with my Necro too, hoping the Shroud would protect me from just that.
Also wrong fora. This belongs in WvW.

Polish > hype

in WvW

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

What gets me is they changed retaliation and condition damage and confusion to be less powerful then they were originally, those things were the best defense imo against this sortof thing, it and the addition of the balance to the PVP traits for every class made it possible for more builds to be available in PVP and kept the burst DPS tendency from taking over. Now not so much. I think it’s starting to backfire on them.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in WvW

grave of hearts.7830

with a necromancer for 9 months because of stealth stomping

What happened to your Deathshroud, can´t you hit it quickly enough?
Thought about going WvW with my Necro too, hoping the Shroud would protect me from just that.
Also wrong fora. This belongs in WvW.

/facepalm
ok if you can use your death shroud in your downed state,then kudos to you.
And yeah this probably belongs to wvw but i expected someone knowledgeable to point me to any dev post that explains the why.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Devs don’t care.
/thread

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Devs don’t care.
/thread

LMAO! You never get tired of maligning people, do you?

in WvW

Posted by: Babayum.9204

Babayum.9204

Stabi stomp, mist form stomp, etc. etc.

nothing to see here

in WvW

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I know what you mean though, when I mistform stomp on me ele it feels OP. In an ideal world, for me personally, things like stealth/immunity/quickness would block the ability to stomp. And this would be offset by a general reduction of hp/def whilst in the downed state. Again as has been discussed before the downed state seems to go on too long and breaks up the flow of pvp in general.

But what about Stability then?

In my opinion, most secured stomps like mistform are fine because you have to blow an utility skill with a relatively long cooldown for that.

Stealthstomp on the other hand should be removed, it’s just too easily accessible. Some others too, like necro’s shroudstomp with stability-trait (does that still work? dont play necro in wvw anymore) or the guardian-stability-shout.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

What gets me is they changed retaliation and condition damage and confusion to be less powerful then they were originally, those things were the best defense imo against this sortof thing, it and the addition of the balance to the PVP traits for every class made it possible for more builds to be available in PVP and kept the burst DPS tendency from taking over. Now not so much. I think it’s starting to backfire on them.

I dont think retal and confusion really did all that much to stop the stealth stomp. Maybe im missing something.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Honestly, stealth stomping would be a legitimate form of stomp would the thieves have their other stomp methods such as shadowstepping to safety and black powder stomping nerfed to some extent on those in the downed state. Having played and mastered many aspects of thief tactics, I can say myself that their power to get a stomp is OP in a 1v1 fight, their same stomp mechanics can be used to help revive downed and fallen allies, so in a sense the same “evil” that results in so much rage over thieves can also be a valuable asset in group confrontations. It balances out.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I’m with Nick

Dev’s Don’t Care

This game lean toward Favoritism and Elitism; especially to their Special Favorite Class; Stealth thief.

As the saying goes, “the light will expose your intent”

Well

We’ve seen it all

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Thief – Stealth Stomp, blind stomp (can make a blind field) and teleport stomp
Mesmer – Invulability Stomp, stealth stomp, teleport stomp
Engineer – Mini Stomp and Stealth Stomp
Guardian – Bubble stomp, stability stomp
Warrior – Stability Stomp
Necro – Death shroud stomp (not really amazing)
Elementalist – Mist form stomp

Thief has the most stomping options and also is able to go into stealth very easily and not use up a utility slot.

in WvW

Posted by: Babayum.9204

Babayum.9204

Thief has the most stomping options and also is able to go into stealth very easily and not use up a utility slot.

Thief will also drop like a fly if he tries to stealth stomp you in a team fight, but yea…

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Is going stealth to stop a stomping fair? I mean your still in the same places. Its not like stealth makes you inviolable to aoe attks or even single target attks.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

The real question is why is there a downed mechanic at all? I killed you, you’re dead. Go respawn already and stop hiding behind your friends.

in WvW

Jski.6180

The real question is why is there a downed mechanic at all? I killed you, you’re dead. Go respawn already and stop hiding behind your friends.

Death should not be the end of your ability to help your team and that how games are going look at say the fps we have now you go down or a team mate goes down you can bring them back to life. In a fps game this is crazy to think of being fun if you just out right die from getting shot in the head but that how fps games are. My point is “death” is no longer just a simple game over screen and taking a lot of power away from the classes who can bring the fallen back to life that puts them above the other class type.

in WvW

pricer.5091

Yes, I’m hoping that if I ever get set on fire, frozen to death or just plain chopped up with an enormous sword that I will continue to be of use to my team, as anything other than fish bait.

in WvW

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I feel someone in this thread has no friends to rely on.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Yes, I’m hoping that if I ever get set on fire, frozen to death or just plain chopped up with an enormous sword that I will continue to be of use to my team, as anything other than fish bait.

Or shot with a gun because it seems ppl in video games can live though every thing and simply reg health over time or heal every thing with med pack and or drugs. ITS A VIDEO GAME get over your self please.

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

You forgot Ranger. We are in the same boat as Warriors. Although we can only use one of our two stabilities since the signet of the wild is a transformation so no stompy stompy for us with that ability. We have to burn an elite (Rampage as One). To get it.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Well then quit:
trying to through a hammer at my head
scare me away
create some wierd force field bubble
run away from me
pull me in for a hug (engi)
make a downed clone of your self
teleport away
and clap your hands ( ranger)

Then well make sure to let you visable see us drive a pole into your body ( what an odd fetish o.0)

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: Keyo.9613

Keyo.9613

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I think its legit. Just look at the threads where people are ranking the most to least valuable classes, for WvW or for dungeons. The Thief doesn’t typically rank very high.

Necro is a fantastic WvW class if you build it correctly because pretty much every skill you have can do AoE damage – Marks, Wells, Death Shroud, Plague Form, Epidemic, etc.

If you aren’t ruining zergs with your Necro, and drowning in loot bags, then you are doing something wrong. But you certianly don’t want to try and go one on one with a class like a Thief, who is designed to wreck people one on one. That would be like a bomber trying to win a dogfight with a fighter jet.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

You forgot Ranger. We are in the same boat as Warriors. Although we can only use one of our two stabilities since the signet of the wild is a transformation so no stompy stompy for us with that ability. We have to burn an elite (Rampage as One). To get it.

To be fair, Quickness would have the same effect because the chosen target couldn’t even get their number 2 off most of the time.

in WvW

pricer.5091

I feel someone in this thread has no friends to rely on.

You don’t need them, do you? You can rely on anyone in the enormous zerg you are part of to do a bit of rezzing. I do it myself…I’m nice like that.

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

That would be like a bomber trying to win a dogfight with a fighter jet.

Challange accepted

Once i get home from work im loading Ilk 2 stromich ( its a ww2 aircraft game) and forcing such a scenario.

its going to completely fail but so worth it

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

is stability stomp fair? is invulnerability stomp fair? is blind field stomp fair?

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Yes it’s fair, especially considering it’s far weaker than immunity stomps (mist-form stomp, distortion stomp, elixir s stomp) and just on par with stability stomps. Sorry that your downed state skills suck.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in WvW

grave of hearts.7830

You cant stomp in ds here and 3-4 months,and even when you could it involved using ds and stomp at the same time.

in WvW

Wolfheart.1938

Biased list is biased. As a Guardian, I also have access to teleport stomp (Judge’s Intervention), blind stomp (traited F1), aegis stomp (f3), and “block” stomp (focus 5th skill).

in WvW

grave of hearts.7830

Yes it’s fair, especially considering it’s far weaker than immunity stomps (mist-form stomp, distortion stomp, elixir s stomp) and just on par with stability stomps. Sorry that your downed state skills suck.

stealth+quickness stomp is fair?

in WvW

Wolfheart.1938

Yes. I’ve explained why in my previous post.

in WvW

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Biased list is biased. As a Guardian, I also have access to teleport stomp (Judge’s Intervention), blind stomp (traited F1), aegis stomp (f3), and “block” stomp (focus 5th skill).

^^He just stomped OPs argument.

in WvW

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

…You do realize that stealth stomping isn’t even the top 3 strongest forms of stomps right? Not even Stealth + quickness (which has been severely nerfed a couple months ago). Not to mention burning the extra quickness cooldown and side effects for a stomp… Rarely desirable. Hell, most thief builds won’t even want to have it slotted, let alone used.

Invincibility stomp (Engineer and Elementalist) can only be prevented through displacement, stability stomp (a lot of char, build dependent, but mostly warrior, ele and guardian) can only be prevented by displacement or killing the enemy, and teleport stomp (thief) is the only skill that can’t be prevented through displacement alone, can be harder to “catch”/target, but can be interrupted/killed.

Comparatively all stealth stomp stops is targeted skills. Any form of untargeted attack still goes.

Biased list is biased. As a Guardian, I also have access to teleport stomp (Judge’s Intervention),

The strength of Thief’s teleport stomp is that they start the stomp, move away from the target with shadow’s return, sometimes into places they can’t be hit from, then teleport back right as the stomp is finishing. You can’t do the teleport away part with a Guardian, effectively rendering it far less useful.

in WvW

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

Not sure why you’re allowed to use a skill while channeling another one. Anet’s logic….. and this fix wouldn’t even fix stealth stomps, which is plain broken like the whole stealth/initiative(no cd spam forever) mechanisms.

in WvW

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

about as fair as distortion stomping

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in WvW

Wolfield.9812

Your proving my post correct that other classes have different stomps. So none of your biased rubbish. Merely a quick post i put to show other classes. I didnt even include ranger since i do not know them. Obviously you play guardian so you know how to stomp as one.

in WvW

Wolfheart.1938

Sorry if I came across as blunt or aggressive, I just meant to say that I don’t agree with thief having the most stomping options. But yeah, we pretty much agree so there’s really no reason to debate on little details. My bad.

in WvW

Wolfield.9812

I would debate the fact that when stealth, 90% of down attacks cannot hit a thief doing the stomp.

Very quick video (3 seconds) I just made to prove the point, you can see me (thief) in stealth performing a stomp, and not getting hit by his 2/3 attacks.

Thief has to deal with other Thief classes performing a stealth stomp as well. We don’t have an agreement between all Thieves that we will never stealth stomp each other and just do it to necromancers!

I think the topic has come to its end, first post describes thieves as being able to stomp, everyone else says that everyone has a way to stomp, apart from necro and ranger.

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

How about mist form stomping?
How about engineer stomping with that invulnerability shrinking elixir?
How about mist form running through keep doors when you should have died?

Stomping/downed state in WvW is a totally broken and failed mechanic that shouldn’t even exist in the first place.

Why?

Too many downed state abilities that interrupt stomp + avoid the inevitable + promote and benefit zerg auto-rezzing, rallying, and so on.

Too many ways to stomp unfairly so that the above mentioned abilities don’t work. They pretty much cancel each other out, which means downed state should be removed from WvW/PvP.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Wouldn’t care if I didn’t need a target to use any of my downed skills.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

no its not fair, nor is stomping with stability etc

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Most of these other stomps mentioned come with a heavy price. Elixir S has 60 second recharge. Mist form has 75 second recharge. Stealth is pretty much free.

in WvW

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

nothing is ever free,

in WvW

pricer.5091

nothing is ever free,

Nelson Mandela, after a much publicized campaign back in the 1980’s is now free. Also, I have had actually more then one free lunch.

in WvW

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

nothing is ever free,

Also, I have had actually more then one free lunch.

Actually that is a misconception. You’ve never had a free lunch. Someone paid for it, and you can be sure you paid for it in some fashion as well.

in WvW

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

why would you stomp as a warrior? you dps them for extra adrenaline for the next fight..

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in WvW

pricer.5091

nothing is ever free,

Nelson Mandela, after a much publicized campaign back in the 1980’s is now free. Also, I have had actually more then one free lunch.

I don’t want people knowing how I pay for my free lunches. You’d only be jealous.

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Stability Stomping…

Is it fair?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2