Stealth trap

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

So i had this stealth trap dropped earlier, a mesmer ran over it and could still use most of it’s stealth skills, care to explain why this stealth trap discriminates thief stealth from mesmer stealth?

I don’t rly care but i find the bias in the use of this trap rather decieving if it doesn’t do what it says it should .

Edit: maybe the wording was a bit off, the said mesmer could still use stealth skills going into stealth aka bypassing the 30 sec of reveal.

(edited by LionZero.3479)

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Stealth traps prevent you from stealthing, they do not prevent you from using stealth skills.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Stealth traps prevent you from stealthing, they do not prevent you from using stealth skills.

And the difference is . . . ?

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

none, its broken… and honestly, 30 sec reveal? come on, make it 2 minutes the least.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

30 sec is enough to screw over pretty much anyone who abuses stealth enough for you to want them dead

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The other day there were a team of 3 BG heading to north camp who’d I’d been tangoing with. I headed them off from citadel, and lay a stealth trap in the middle of camp before they arrived. The thief charged at me with the others behind. The thief didn’t trip the trap, one of the others did I think, and the thief may have been stealthed at the time. Whatever the case I saw the revealed on the thief, but a few seconds later he stealthed and ran away with the rest of his buddies.

My first thought was that the trap bugged. Since the thief didn’t trip the trap though I did wonder if a dodge roll could avoid the effect (and the thief got lucky). The other explanation was that, already being in stealth if the thief procced his revealed, then the trap went off, then possibly there’s an overriding conflict going on that allowed the thief to avoid it.

Either way something’s going on there that needs addressing.

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

And the difference is . . . ?

It’s a simple stealth mechanic. Whenever someone has a “revealed” debuff(what the trap gives for 30s), they can use as many utility/weapon/combo field skills giving stealth – they won’t work.

Also – you don’t need to be in stealth to activate the trap. Several days ago I trolled 1 server for 90 mins, contesting their 1/3 of EB. They used several traps on me, worked quite good.

(edited by Pavel.8531)

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Mesmer’s decoy skill can be used to stealth while revealed. It can also be traited to be used at 25% health which provides two possible stealths while revealed.

Hope this clears up your confusion in the midst of these stupid speculative posts.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

(edited by zastari.1730)

Stealth trap

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

We once had a perma-stealth thief hidden in our tower and i happened to have a trap with me. The sheer desperation of the thief trying to run was amusing.