Still Endless Queues to Get Into WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fizzeltop.8307

Fizzeltop.8307

1.5 hour queue to get in tonight. Woot! Way to go ArenaNet. Keep it up we’ll have it under an hour in about say 3 months after all the WvW guilds quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

…or move to a server where there are no or very minimal queues (i.e. at least 20 of the NA servers)?

Really i don’t see the need to keep making new threads on this. If you stack onto three or four servers you shouldn’t be too surprised.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

the fix for ques is to transfer no one not on t1 servers cares about your self made problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Carltonbanks.1754

Carltonbanks.1754

the fix for ques is to transfer no one not on t1 servers cares about your self made problems.

neat syntax bro

in WvW

gidorah.4960

neat syntax bro

do the carlton for me bro

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

I like that. “Move your guild to a different server!”

“But what if I’m not in a WvW guild and I happen to like some of the people on my server, and I lack the charisma/mind control powers to make them and all their friends leave with me?”

“Well then I guess your life is going to suck, now excuse me while I take a bath in these gems, aaaaghblghabglhmmmmmmmmh”

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

hope your friends keep you company while you’re in queue. meanwhile we can barely queue one map to save our lives.

#nosympathy

in WvW

Guru.1582

hope your friends keep you company while you’re in queue. meanwhile we can barely queue one map to save our lives.

#nosympathy

Maybe yooooooou should join a different server and stop whining!

See? See how unhelpful that is?

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

#nosympathy

How about rewording it -

“Stop whining or join a different server?”

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Guru.1582

#nosympathy

How about rewording it -

A fool’s choice. Pretending like there’s only two options. How about option 3: Anet stops putting the cart before the horse and anticipates how its design choices will impact player experience?

There should have been systems in place to account for long queue times they had to know would exist. They went ahead without these systems and now they’re gonna hear about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

There should have been systems in place to account for long queue times they had to know would exist. They went ahead without these systems and now they’re gonna hear about it.

Dont put everything on Anet. They warned us about queues. They are not responsible if players dont read red colored posts on forums.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate not informed statements. I play on FSP. One of the lower mid tier servers (changed from FoW there in the hopes for more action in WvW) And yesterday I waited 2 hours to get into WvW to play for 30 min. It is not a only T1 problem. It affects arround 70% of the servers (cuz when I am on a low mid tier server, the other servers above should have more population and therefor have the same issues).

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

In NA: the devs warned people about stacking into T1. But people went anyway. There are no queues in the lower tiers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet intended for this to happen and they’re expecting people to destack because of it.

In EU: no idea. But there’s clearly a BIG difference between NA and EU in this regards:
NSP is ranked #15 in NA and there are currently no queues to speak of. (FSP, who has queues — see post above — is ranked #17 in EU.)

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

In NA: the devs warned people about stacking into T1. But people went anyway. There are no queues in the lower tiers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet intended for this to happen and they’re expecting people to destack because of it.

In EU: no idea. But there’s clearly a BIG difference between NA and EU in this regards:
NSP is ranked #15 in NA and there are currently no queues to speak of. (FSP, who has queues — see post above — is ranked #17 in EU.)

Experience on EU and NA seems to differ. On SoS (ranked 5 NA) there are almost no queues (on borderlands at least). There were brief queues on reset (which i hadn’t experienced in a while).

[I just looked at current EU matchups. Much closer scores than NA. Obviously WvW population is more spread out in EU and you don’t have the “stacking” that has happened in NA]

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Actinotus.6410)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

like someone said in the other thread, whining about queue on a stacked server is like being is a strip club and whining about seeing boobs….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

TyPin.9860

@Lord Kuru.3685 and Actinotus.6410
Uh, I like your analytical thinking. Very observant. So it seems that in NA stacking in T1 might have caused massive queues mostly in that tier. In EU a better destrebution on different servers might have caused the issue to appear on many servers. Or maybe EU has over all more WvW players. Would be good to have an ANet developer with oversight to comment on that. I would find that interesting. Maybe some more information to the community about that issue could lead to constructive suggestions. I would love a solution for that, because my queue priority suggestion seems to not get the feedback I had hoped for.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Hule.8794

@TyPin.9860 FSP had a lot of incommings right before league started. You knew that. But still decided to move there.

in WvW

TyPin.9860

@TyPin.9860 FSP had a lot of incommings right before league started. You knew that. But still decided to move there.

How do you know, what I know? A friend from FoW, who I was in a guild with, asked me to join him moving there. He told me he has some friends there and WvW would have more action. I did not know, that there are many transfers to FSP (except for 6 guys from my guild). Your “accusation” fits the quick judgement mentality of that forum.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Hule.8794

Come on, you are not new on these forums. You had to notice all those transfer topics.
And should I meantion your post about not moving from FoW?

btw. nice prophecy form you, you were right

in WvW

Posted by: Reiko.1560

Reiko.1560

1.5 hour queue to get in tonight. Woot! Way to go ArenaNet. Keep it up we’ll have it under an hour in about say 3 months after all the WvW guilds quit.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

haha… lol.. i love that laugh from the simpsons..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

gidorah.4960

@Lord Kuru.3685 and Actinotus.6410
Uh, I like your analytical thinking. Very observant. So it seems that in NA stacking in T1 might have caused massive queues mostly in that tier. In EU a better destrebution on different servers might have caused the issue to appear on many servers. Or maybe EU has over all more WvW players. Would be good to have an ANet developer with oversight to comment on that. I would find that interesting. Maybe some more information to the community about that issue could lead to constructive suggestions. I would love a solution for that, because my queue priority suggestion seems to not get the feedback I had hoped for.

i think the difference is the na players are complaining about having 3 hour que’s the eu servers are complaining about 30 minute que’s. maybe they never had que’s on eu before or they arent checking other bl’s

in WvW

TyPin.9860

Come on, you are not new on these forums. You had to notice all those transfer topics.
And should I meantion your post about not moving from FoW?

btw. nice prophecy form you, you were right

I don’t read the forum that carefully, to be honest. And I don’t read it regularly. And the guy who convinced me, took 2 weeks of convincing work for me to even consider changing. But when he said, he would even try to farm money to buy me a precurser, I saw how badly he wanted us to change the server. I didn’t take him on that offer. I changed, because I expected, as stated, more action.

You can believe me or not. Not everybody suffering from queues is guilty of the “I want more stuff”-syndrome^^ Not every thread about queues is a imple QQ thread. I have suggested changes in one of the threads hear, the response wasn’t that good and I leave it at that for now. We can through now the “you are guilty yourself”-accusation arround, or we can work on a good community and try to resolve the issue. I mean ANET working on an overflow map is a nice idea (a bit late but still nice). Now it is our turn, to give them suggestions what we as a community would like to see in such a map and stuff.

I don’t want to repeat my reasons for changing server again and again. I have stated them, you can believe me or not. That is totally on you.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

xD

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

T1 NA server. 5 minute queue into home borderlands (not bothered trying for EBG). Where’s the queues?

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

T1 NA server. 5 minute queue into home borderlands (not bothered trying for EBG). Where’s the queues?

If you’re talking about the time when you’re posting, which is 1:51 am pacific time, then that actually shows how bad it is in T1 NA. 5 minute queues at 1:51 am pacific time probably means HORRIFIC queues during primetime.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

If you’re talking about the time when you’re posting, which is 1:51 am pacific time, then that actually shows how bad it is in T1 NA. 5 minute queues at 1:51 am pacific time probably means HORRIFIC queues during primetime.

Which is OCE prime. BG arguably has the strongest OCE coverage of the 3 servers (or JQ, really hard to say). We used to have occasional 5 minute queues a few weeks before leagues started at this time. Nothing much has changed tbh

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Solstice.1097

#nosympathy

How about rewording it -

A fool’s choice. Pretending like there’s only two options. How about option 3: Anet stops putting the cart before the horse and anticipates how its design choices will impact player experience?

Fools Anet already gave us what we need to avoid queues. What’s that? PLENTY OF SERVERS.

although if they did something like give you queue priority based on how long you’ve been a member of the server that would really discourage more stacking.

in WvW

Posted by: azrael.5913

azrael.5913

i hate move to an other server tip. I was from day 1 on that server , that was getting stronger and stronger because we worked together. Now before league start , anet open transfer for half price to top tier servers.

At the ….ing achievements and welcome hours of queue’s. And to make it even more fun : anet admited that the queue system is bugged since the start.

So you helped form a communty and now of al the aphunters , bandwagon players,… I should move to an other server.

(edited by azrael.5913)

in WvW

Solstice.1097

im not suggesting anyone in particular should transfer.

what i’m saying is there are plenty of servers for everyone so anet isn’t going to point-blank solve the issue. they’ll give you the edge map where you can overflow yay whatever.

the same servers that are crying about queues STILL have recruitment threads going so I really don’t get it.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

the same servers that are crying about queues STILL have recruitment threads going so I really don’t get it.

The recruitment threads are for WvWers, not PvE achievement hunters who don’t help out their server, take up spots in the borderlands and won’t stick around after they get their achievements.

Also, based on numbers tonight, none of the T1 servers had queues across all 4 WvW maps. Think about that.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

#nosympathy

It’s the same advice people gave to people on lower tiers for the past year. “Transfer off your dead server, it’s fun here, promise, coverage, community, cookies”.

The population inequality is bigger than it’s ever been and was growin from leagues. The only thing that stopped recruitment (and maybe transfers) for a lil’ bit is all the reports of terrible, terrible queues. How weird a game system is that?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Solstice.1097

The recruitment threads are for WvWers, not PvE achievement hunters who don’t help out their server, take up spots in the borderlands and won’t stick around after they get their achievements.

Also, based on numbers tonight, none of the T1 servers had queues across all 4 WvW maps. Think about that.

so there’s not really a problem then?

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

so there’s not really a problem then?

Apparently the problem is the original poster was in queue for 1.5 hours even though other maps were available?

I can’t keep up with this.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You must be T1. Even on the number 4 ranked server, there are some queues, but only EB is bad. If people want to play they can.

No sympathy for T1 and people who paid guilds to come there. You get what you deserve.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You must be T1. Even on the number 4 ranked server, there are some queues, but only EB is bad. If people want to play they can.

No sympathy for T1 and people who paid guilds to come there. You get what you deserve.

yeah, come join us in Bronze, we pretty much never have any queues (maybe EB, but its never that long).

#NoSympathy

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

JQ has had queues on all 4 maps since Friday. I know because I have been in it no matter what time I queue. Not sure where you are getting your info from but its false.

Its 11:44est and guess what, I am in queue. Just like the day before, the day before that.

in WvW

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

I have to sincerely disagree. On Desolation, I have logged on twice since Monday and got the Outnumbered buffs.

Queues are returning to normal, or random pvers are realizing that they have to put in more than 1-2 hours of effort to get their achievements and thus quitting.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

I have to sincerely disagree. On Desolation, I have logged on twice since Monday and got the Outnumbered buffs.

Queues are returning to normal, or random pvers are realizing that they have to put in more than 1-2 hours of effort to get their achievements and thus quitting.

Another statement pulled out of thin air…………

in WvW

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

Possibly EU players are more concentrated in EU prime time whereas NA servers cater for the all the rest of the world except EU so NA players are more spread out over 24hours.

Piken Square forever

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

That’s might be true, anet’s idea to destack T1. Though I don’t think it will happen as much as people assume. There are a lot of people just going for the achievements right now plus all the guilds and probably returning players. We will see what happens in the next few weeks. I bet the queue times will be close to pre-seasons in the next few weeks. Once a T1 server gets a “easy” week a lot of players will get the achievements and queues will lighten up.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: romainette.2369

romainette.2369

on vizunah we have more than 6 hours queue for eb, and 4 hours for borderlands, of course for the people non using the ‘taxi’ system’

in WvW

Solstice.1097

on vizunah we have more than 6 hours queue for eb, and 4 hours for borderlands, of course for the people non using the ‘taxi’ system’

seems like an awfully long wait for a gold dolyak

in WvW

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

Another statement pulled out of thin air…………

Look at my buffs. See that torch?

Attachments:

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.6148

Boom.6148

Come to Northern Shiverpeaks. #SilverLeagueUpset

Seriously, NSP could use more Oceanic/EU presence but we are having a blast. No queues and fights everywhere we look.

You’re already stuck with how good/bad your server does. Come spend a week with us in the Silver league and have some fun!

Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay

in WvW

Posted by: iVlad.9421

iVlad.9421

Do you think people from SOR will start moving out of that server once week 1 ends, what with their schedule with BG for the upcoming weeks? As well as JQs “easy” schedule. I mean long queues, skill lags and no possibility of placing 1st place…

The Last PH Mesmer in the Kaineng Server

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Desolation Silver EU.Could not get on for first 3 days.Now there is a 15 minute wait to find a spot on an enemy BL map during peak.Off peak we have a total of 10-20 players total running around enemy bl maps.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Gandara basically you can’t get on from 8pm until between 10-11pm – and by 1am there is no one at all, which is why we’re losing the match.

SFR takes a while to get on even non-prime, but then you generally wish you hadn’t as it’s been completely overrun.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: iVlad.9421

iVlad.9421

Some of my friends in t1 suggest that you spam queue instead of waiting in queue in order to get in t1 wvw faster, just like what we do when trying to enter a Teq overflow.

The Last PH Mesmer in the Kaineng Server

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

That’s might be true, anet’s idea to destack T1. Though I don’t think it will happen as much as people assume. There are a lot of people just going for the achievements right now plus all the guilds and probably returning players. We will see what happens in the next few weeks. I bet the queue times will be close to pre-seasons in the next few weeks. Once a T1 server gets a “easy” week a lot of players will get the achievements and queues will lighten up.

To add to the above, destacking only needs to happen among oceanic-sea-euro prime time. However, the queues during those timezones aren’t excruciatingly long unlike during NA prime. So there’s absolutely no reason for those off-peak guilds to leave the T1 servers. We’ll just have to wait for one of them to implode and hope that those guilds spread out across non-T1 servers.