Still can't understand WvW matchmaking

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

I decided to be sober all weekend so that I could study and understand Anet’s matchmaking in WvW. After a three days, I’m still confused. Maguuma is the #2 server, but we’re placed in tier 3. Crystal Desert and Tarnish Coast is #9 and #10, and they’re in tier 2.

Each server in the top 10 is with a ~100 ratings difference, so on paper anyone could face each other in any given week. But the population difference in the top 10 is no where near each other. Even with linking, my friend says that Tarnish Coast was outmanned in EBG in NA timezone.

Using Einstein’s formula of special relativity, I’ve determined the cause of the matchmaking problems in both WvW and PvP:
E = mc*2/[1-v*2/c*2]*1/2

m = Anet attention to WvW
c = Anet attention to PvP
v = velocity of players wondering if matchmaking works

therefore E = broken

Now here’s the solution to the current problems. There needs to be a hard reset on all matchmaking ratings. Gecko, MMR, whatever. Scrap all points, and start over. If you create a new system, even better.

in WvW

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Anet attention to wvw and pvp be like
Attention = (staff responsible for wvw) * (staff responsible for pvp) * (all the good community suggest) * Anetconstant
where Anetconstant = 0

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

everything becomes clearer once you put in the universal symbol: $

Hence the equation becomes something like this:

E = $$2/[1-$2/$2]1/2

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: pointaction.4639

pointaction.4639

Using Einstein’s formula of special relativity, I’ve determined the cause of the matchmaking problems in both WvW and PvP:
E = mc*2/[1-v*2/c*2]*1/2

therefore E = broken

LOL….

I love this

The Dragon Core [DC]

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I decided to be sober all weekend so that I could study and understand Anet’s matchmaking in WvW. After a three days, I’m still confused. Maguuma is the #2 server, but we’re placed in tier 3. Crystal Desert and Tarnish Coast is #9 and #10, and they’re in tier 2.

Each server in the top 10 is with a ~100 ratings difference, so on paper anyone could face each other in any given week. But the population difference in the top 10 is no where near each other. Even with linking, my friend says that Tarnish Coast was outmanned in EBG in NA timezone.

E = mc*2/[1-v*2/c*2]*1/2

therefore E = broken

Now here’s the solution to the current problems. There needs to be a hard reset on all matchmaking ratings. Gecko, MMR, whatever. Scrap all points, and start over. If you create a new system, even better.

what does a lizard have anything to do with this?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.4620

Diku.4620

E = mc*2/[1-v*2/c*2]*1/2

therefore E = broken

Here’s what I believe is photographic evidence of what your hypothesized broken E may look like, but this could just be an “illusion”.

I agree with you that a “Reboot of WvW Match-Up” is more than over-due & World Linking isn’t cutting it…imho

We need to implement a Reboot that encourages a Healthy & Competitive game play.

All Server Communities should be nurtured in the Long Term & not just the Host Servers.

If we continue to use a game play that provides an “illusion” of Match-Up nourishment…we’ll end up starving this game mode in the Long Term. We’ll systematically create a very slow & painful negative population growth trend.

ANet’s financial ability to survive in the real world will be impacted if daily in-game population levels continue to have a slow & negative growth trend. It’s not surprising that a recent 2017 1st quarter financial report disclosed a slow & negative sales trend for GW2.

http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx

ANet’s in-game shopping malls will continue to have fewer opportunities to sell goods/services that naturally accompany this reduction in foot traffic.

World Linking will starve both players of Match-Up sustenance & ANet of Financial nourishment in the Long Term.

We need restaurants that can provide us with better Match-Up sustenance…than what the current World Linking establishments are providing…which is a pure “illusion” when Match-Up pairings & glicko updates are both manually manipulated.

Currently...WvW matchmaking is an “illusion”…which is why it doesn’t make any sense.

Your Broken E hypothesis & mathematics analysis clearly demonstrates this empirically.

It’s like mathematically explaining the random factor found in nature…which could possibly lead to discussions of string theory.

Good observation & explanation on:

Still can’t understand WvW matchmaking

Because I still can’t understand it too…

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.4620)

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Er…. I believe you are using the wrong formulas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system

The math is pretty well detailed on that wiki, and it is relatively pretty simple.

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

The math is pretty well detailed on that wiki, and it is relatively pretty simple.

By the way, I never said it was a good system or that it works correctly but information it’s still information :P

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread because Match Up threads are not allowed.