Still need repeatable diamond tickets

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Thanks for increasing the ticket cap per week but it’s still ridiculously low and the pace of acquiring these is still ridiculously slow and I’m still usually capping tickets in two days.

Please for the love of god add some kind of repeatable diamond ticket chest so that the entire week can be rewarding instead of just the first two days.

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

We really don’t need to raise the ticket cap. That we get tickets at all and they can be used for legendary armor is fantastic. If you like the game mode you’ll get all the tickets you need eventually.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

You don’t need repeatable. You just need to get out more. Finishing in two days means you are stuck in front of your computer gaming for waaay too long. Find something more constructive to do with at least some of your leisure time.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Tickets are fine.

It’s interesting to note you cap it in 2 days, meaning you are likely either mithril/diamond rank, playing on a server that is consistently outnumbered on at least one map, or playing an amazing number of hours each day.

Either way, you are playing the mode extensively, so the comments of ‘play the mode you’ll get there eventually’ are less influential in your case.

But it would be good if the mystic coins from the last diamond chest were repeatable for the last chest.

(edited by Strider Pj.2193)

in WvW

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

I just hate being time gated, and not rewarded properly for the effort I put..

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

It is fine where it is at. Stop asking for a increase. This is getting ridiculous!

in WvW

Israel.7056

Tickets are fine.

It’s interesting to note you cap it in 2 days, meaning you are likely either mithril/diamond rank, playing on a server that is consistently outnumbered on at least one map, or playing an amazing number of hours each day.

Either way, you are playing the mode extensively, so the comments of ‘play the mode you’ll get there eventually’ are less influential in your case.

But it would be good if the mystic coins from the last diamond chest were repeatable for the last chest.

Yeah I’m mithril I dunno how many hours it takes but it’s usually about two days of play.

in WvW

Israel.7056

You don’t need repeatable. You just need to get out more. Finishing in two days means you are stuck in front of your computer gaming for waaay too long. Find something more constructive to do with at least some of your leisure time.

I like gaming. I definitely think there should be a repeatable.

in WvW

Israel.7056

Agreed.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Someone told me its 365 tickets now.

Idk seems like a very nice amount now especially after the +2 pip increase for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Im against unnessecary time gates if you wannafarm a full set of legendary armor in a week by playing 20 hours a day good for you the fact i personally cant pull that off is my problem and mine alone

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I am fine with there being a cap, otherwise I’d feel obligated to keep going and get burned out.

Cost of items, now that’s another story. Rank requirement being above 1000, I could do without that too.

in WvW

Posted by: radiantbliss.6875

radiantbliss.6875

I’d be okay if it was repeatable with diminishing returns on tickets…then again I also think the marks need to be included similar to spvp.

Blackgate
[KiS] Kinetic Storm

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

You get srs DR atm with redoing Diamond chests. U chests r down to 1, u dont get no coins, u dont get no bundles, u dont get no tickets. If you could redo it from the start of wood it would be fine, even without the tickets included 2nd time round..

But atm you redo diamond and they get what you actually get each slot from ur first time round (<- words make no sense). You got more tickets in diamond because you had to fill more pip slots in diamond than any other one. Without the tickets there currently is no reward there that justifies 50 pips per slot or whatever it is for diamond

Tl:DR if you are very high wvsw rank and you are on a competent server…you will max ur tickets over the weekend, and be stuck with much much much lesser rewards than anyone else who is playing if you continue during the weekdays.
Seems fair.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

you can cap the tickets in less than 24 hours without being diamond or mithril. i rarely ever play after reset on fridays and im only platinum, yet even when i was gold i finished tickets for the week between logging in on saturday morning and going to bed at 11 that night. I know someone who finishes tickets early saturday every week and hes only gold rank as well. The key is not following a huge zerg around, just going to an outnumbered map. which most servers have access to for a large portion of most days whether theyll admit it or not, even when i was on bg they generally had one map outnumbered for most of the day except during na prime. The point is, its very easy to finish diamond in 1-2 days, or very early in the week if you play less than some of us do, but the rewards for repeating it are very… unrewarding, for the entire rest of the week. and honestly its quite saddening. Even if they wont give us more tickets for repeating it, which i honestly wish anet would do, i would hope that they would make looping the diamond chest at least nearly as profitable as going through the earlier reward chest in the track. looping diamond gives less gold per loop than any of the mid teir final chest which give mystic coins or the rare materials packet. a mystic coin or two per repeat wouldnt be asking for very much but it would reward people for continuing to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

which brings up another point actually, 3 weeks of reaching ticket cap for one item for getting the legendary armor upgrade seems ridiculous to me, especially because it takes an extra week to get the tickets for the armor piece itself that is needed for the upgrade. Not a full week of tickets for any piece other than chestpiece, but still a minimum of 4 weeks per armor set, that’s 24 weeks for the whole set, far longer than it would take a pver to get legendary armor through raids, and our armor is almost as expensive to get as theirs is, yet a wvwer makes far less gold in a week than a pver or spvper does.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

What was your reward for your effort 4 months ago? You have a ton of repeatable reward tracks, entire pve collections you can and should be completing quickly if you’re continuing to play every week after completing the secondary pip track within a couple of days. It’s not like you’re getting nothing for your efforts.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Israel.7056

you can cap the tickets in less than 24 hours without being diamond or mithril. i rarely ever play after reset on fridays and im only platinum, yet even when i was gold i finished tickets for the week between logging in on saturday morning and going to bed at 11 that night. I know someone who finishes tickets early saturday every week and hes only gold rank as well. The key is not following a huge zerg around, just going to an outnumbered map. which most servers have access to for a large portion of most days whether theyll admit it or not, even when i was on bg they generally had one map outnumbered for most of the day except during na prime. The point is, its very easy to finish diamond in 1-2 days, or very early in the week if you play less than some of us do, but the rewards for repeating it are very… unrewarding, for the entire rest of the week. and honestly its quite saddening. Even if they wont give us more tickets for repeating it, which i honestly wish anet would do, i would hope that they would make looping the diamond chest at least nearly as profitable as going through the earlier reward chest in the track. looping diamond gives less gold per loop than any of the mid teir final chest which give mystic coins or the rare materials packet. a mystic coin or two per repeat wouldnt be asking for very much but it would reward people for continuing to play.

I like the mystic coin idea, I think it would be nice if they added marks for the first time through and then mystic coins for subsequent repeats as well as tickets.

in WvW

Justine.6351

which brings up another point actually, 3 weeks of reaching ticket cap for one item for getting the legendary armor upgrade seems ridiculous to me, especially because it takes an extra week to get the tickets for the armor piece itself that is needed for the upgrade. Not a full week of tickets for any piece other than chestpiece, but still a minimum of 4 weeks per armor set, that’s 24 weeks for the whole set, far longer than it would take a pver to get legendary armor through raids, and our armor is almost as expensive to get as theirs is, yet a wvwer makes far less gold in a week than a pver or spvper does.

Oh no! 6months for a set of legendary armor?!??! That’s just awful!

How dare they give us long term goals!

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I enjoy long term goals, /see rank, but not when those goals are gated to keep everyone in the same boat, some of us prefer to drive speed boats instead of dingys. Personally I think it is frustrating to be chained down in this way, I would prefer the freedom to be able to farm more tickets, but yeah this is GW2 where things are gated to keep you under control, and to be fair 6 months is actually a long time to farm 1 set of legendary armor when you actually want 3 or more sets…

in WvW

Justine.6351

I enjoy long term goals, /see rank, but not when those goals are gated to keep everyone in the same boat, some of us prefer to drive speed boats instead of dingys. Personally I think it is frustrating to be chained down in this way, I would prefer the freedom to be able to farm more tickets, but yeah this is GW2 where things are gated to keep you under control, and to be fair 6 months is actually a long time to farm 1 set of legendary armor when you actually want 3 or more sets…

Or just save time and tickets and buy new ascended sets?

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Their timegating is garbage. They only add more of it. I don’t like the direction this game is going. They do the opposite of what we ask for all the time. Still no triple infusion for rings in WvW yet. So we still need to play a game mode that we don’t like to get max stats in the game mode we do like.

The WvW team doesen’t talk to us, they just added voting aviable for everyone, not for the ones who actually play WvW alot. So desert borderlands is still here, but always empty cause no one likes it. It’s the last map to get a que.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Or just save time and tickets and buy new ascended sets?

I will do that anyway since its already part of the journey towards the legendary sets, it just so happens that my long term goal is to aquire all 3 weight classes legendary armor, long term goal remember :P I’m just not so sure I will be still playing the game in 1 and a half years from now, hopefully something comes along that does not have time gates like GW2…

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would not be against adding a small number of tickets to repeatable Diamond chests, but honestly, I’m more concerned about the growing scarcity of Memories of Battle at this point. Just about every single ticket reward ALSO needs Memories, and unlike the tickets, their supply tap was not increased. I think that before any more tickets are added, Memories of Battle should be increased, perhaps by the following:

1. Add Memories of Battle as a reward to the WvW daily chests.

2. Add Memories of Battle to the WvW rank-up chests.

3. Add Memories of Battle (say, 5) to the list of rewards from the Skirmish chests.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I would not be against adding a small number of tickets to repeatable Diamond chests, but honestly, I’m more concerned about the growing scarcity of Memories of Battle at this point. Just about every single ticket reward ALSO needs Memories, and unlike the tickets, their supply tap was not increased. I think that before any more tickets are added, Memories of Battle should be increased, perhaps by the following:

3. Add Memories of Battle (say, 5) to the list of rewards from the Skirmish chests.

Or…. buy stacks of them when people were unloading them for 60-80 copper per like some of us did.

It’s s tradable commodity. Buy them. Or play the mode as the tracks kind of poop them out regularly.

in WvW

Israel.7056

I like that the memories are a little scarce so there’s actually some strain from demand and I can make money selling them. They’re still farmable though unlike tickets.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I thought wvwers play for fun and not rewards? who cares about tickets right?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Connla Dda.9407

Connla Dda.9407

I agree that tickets needs to be repetable.
To provide armor to all characters you have will take ages.

And all those complains from pve players about it.
Its a shame.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

That is correct. Hope you have a good day!

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The only change I can see them making is another ticket adjustment. 2 weeks of raiding is enough insights to make a piece of legendary armor. 3 weeks is needed for enough tickets to make a piece of legendary armor.

They could adjust the numbers up slightly so both gameplay styles take the same amount of time per piece.

That said: thank you for upping the weekly limit to 365 and giving us a legendary path. It’s better than having less and no path.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

thats funny because what I see is that once everyone finishes diamond chest by Sunday, all of wvw completely clears out, because they got their rewards.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

thats funny because what I see is that once everyone finishes diamond chest by Sunday, all of wvw completely clears out, because they got their rewards.

You might be correct.

Or people play a lot on the weekend like always and reduce play time during the week. But year old trends are obviously not something that someone who hasn’t played the mode since tournaments would understand.

in WvW

Israel.7056

I played this game mode for 8 hours a day back when the best rewards available were soldier’s exotics so I can appreciate a decent reward system.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

You might be correct.

Or people play a lot on the weekend like always and reduce play time during the week. But year old trends are obviously not something that someone who hasn’t played the mode since tournaments would understand.

yah because thats just such a complicated concept…

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

365 a week is decent. Repeatable end chest would be welcome on the condition it has far less tickets in it aka diminishing returns effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

what if the cap for tickets was faster to get, but the pips based on your rank changes so that it applies after you reach cap to get repeatable chest for lesser amount of tickets?

Then you’ll hear less of the " it’s not fair that I’m lower rank and can’t reach cap cause I get less pips" but the " I invested my time in wvw to get these ranks " still applies

(edited by Loading.4503)

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I am fine with there being a cap, otherwise I’d feel obligated to keep going and get burned out.

Cost of items, now that’s another story. Rank requirement being above 1000, I could do without that too.

Rank requirements are no different than time gating. They both require spending significant amounts of time in return for your reward.

At least ranking up can continue throughout the week instead of stopping after you’ve done the sixth Diamond chest.

It additionally rewards people that have put thousands of hours into WvW before decent rewards came into existence.

Rank requirements show you actually play lots of WvW and aren’t just some PvE guy that’s hopped on a ktrain for a few months to collect armour skins.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Rank requirements are no different than time gating. They both require spending significant amounts of time in return for your reward.

At least ranking up can continue throughout the week instead of stopping after you’ve done the sixth Diamond chest.

It additionally rewards people that have put thousands of hours into WvW before decent rewards came into existence.

Rank requirements show you actually play lots of WvW and aren’t just some PvE guy that’s hopped on a ktrain for a few months to collect armour skins.

As someone with just over 700 WvW rank. I’m more so motivated getting armor via PvE raids and that PvP clown fiesta. As much as I hate the thought of doing either or. If I want legendary armor those are pretty much my only realistic viable options.

That all being said I think it’s fair to reward those, who’ve invested more time in the game mode to get it faster. However me just starting Raids and sPvP will still get it much faster then those high ranking WvW players (2000 rank and up) will.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in WvW

Reaper Alim.4176

You haven’t meet some of the EoTM PvEers before ANet stopped that. Have you? xD

But at least I admit it!

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

i also hit cap within 2 days and it sucks, it really does. I keep playing, knowing I’m making 0 progress.

but i do understand why Anet has a cap in place- to keep people playing longer

they did in fact advertise as a ‘no-grind game’ and a time-gate on tickets means you cant grind them. so they’re sticking true to their word.

but its kitten that i can put this many hours into a game mode, and come out the other side with the same rewards as someone who barely reaches the end of diamond. are my hours worth less?

Attachments:

in WvW

Reaper Alim.4176

i also hit cap within 2 days and it sucks, it really does. I keep playing, knowing I’m making 0 progress.

but i do understand why Anet has a cap in place- to keep people playing longer

they did in fact advertise as a ‘no-grind game’ and a time-gate on tickets means you cant grind them. so they’re sticking true to their word.

but its kitten that i can put this many hours into a game mode, and come out the other side with the same rewards as someone who barely reaches the end of diamond. are my hours worth less?

In your case. Yes your 80 hours a week would be worth just as much as his 18 hours. I just pulled number out of my rear to make my point.

That’s why I’m going to be doing some Raids and Ranked for my legendaries. It’s a much more worth wild time/reward then WvWing. More so when you have to face against Blackgate.

But at least I admit it!

in WvW

Israel.7056

I think they just meant that we wouldn’t have to kill the same mobs over and over to level up or obtain mats like some other games. The word “grind” has such a broad usage now people call any sort of long term goal a “grind.”

So in the first sense I hate grinding the same mobs over and over for levels and/or drops but I don’t mind a long term goal that I can work on for weeks or months to achieve so long as it doesn’t involve extremely repetitive behavior like “kill 50k moas to receive xyz” sort of thing. I don’t think it would be so bad to just leave the ticket gain open ended so that people could choose how much time they want to invest in the game mode and still be able to work towards their ultimate long term goal of legendary armor or the backpack or whatever.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Or…. buy stacks of them when people were unloading them for 60-80 copper per like some of us did.

It’s s tradable commodity. Buy them. Or play the mode as the tracks kind of poop them out regularly.

Yeah, I’m generally against economic decisions that benefit TP barons at the expense of ordinary players. :P I also note that you wanted to add Mystic Coins to the repeatable chests when the arguments you made about Memories could also be applied to Coins. (Incidentally, the scarcity of Mystic Coins is another factor that I believe needs addressing, but it seems ANet have made the decision to keep them rare for some reason.)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Yeah, I’m generally against economic decisions that benefit TP barons at the expense of ordinary players. :P I also note that you wanted to add Mystic Coins to the repeatable chests when the arguments you made about Memories could also be applied to Coins. (Incidentally, the scarcity of Mystic Coins is another factor that I believe needs addressing, but it seems ANet have made the decision to keep them rare for some reason.)

O.o

Fair point.

I have no actual interest in selling them (MoB) as I figured anytime they add A ‘muncher’ the item ends up being used elsewhere, so I stored up.

Part of my thing with the coins is that it is an item used towards PvE items that allows me the ability to get them another way. May also bring different players into the mode: i.e. Legendary weapon hunters.

But yeah, the coins were selfish on my part. Will admit that.

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Different guilds have different raiding days. And it’s very rare that a guild raids every single day.

However, virtually every guild raids on the weekend because it’s the freaking weekend.

Not to mention NA players get to play with EU players on Saturday and Sunday, which really bolsters numbers in the early hours.

It’s less about the rewards, and more about the inconvenience of raiding during weekdays.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I don’t often reach diamond and probably never will. But the chest should be repeatable, including all the little benchmarks along the way. Rewarding play is not a sin or going to break the game.