Stomp Farming Guild Members

in WvW

Posted by: Argon.2405

Argon.2405

I was informed by support to post this here:

Farming your own guild cross-server for bloodlust stomp kills.

Thoughts?

I was also killed trying to cap the ruins after a friendly from the same guild (mesmer) shadowed me around until 2 Invaders jumped me.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

How do you know they are farming bloodlust stomps? Seems like a big jump to make considering the possible score contribution is really small.

They could just be guildies who want to kill eachother and are in a cross-server guild. Or some of them transferred a while back and now are fighting for fun.

And as to them jumping you with the help of their guildie, you are kinda out of luck. For all you know they were coming to kill the friendly version and you were in their way.

Not everyone cheats. So stop assuming people are out to get you.

in WvW

Posted by: CD UK.2890

CD UK.2890

Golly, you haven’t done much of your monthly. Tick tock!

Coo!

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I remember in ts3 once there was a guy who was loud and talked a lot but seemed familiar with a certain guild and they didn’t seem to mind him as he talked about nothing in particular.

Anyways I was following pin around and then suddenly this guy proclaimed “Oh hey I see you guys, I’m over here”. “Huh? What you mean?” Someone said. “Over here inside Bay”. Everyone stops and turns to face the enemy controlled Bay and see’s an enemy invader spam waving us from the wall……………

“WTH….. WTF are you doing on that server” “Oh i transfered yesterday, d/w I’m coming back, I just wanted to check it out. Hey (name) come duel with me, come duel with me”. He and another guy then left for a different channel and went to duel I assume.

True Story.

in WvW

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

you get 25 stacks within 1 zerg fight, why should someone do that. You’d need players who couldn’t join your raid, seems pretty dumb to me

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

OMG Spies!!!!!!

Seriously though, who cares? All I see is a guild having fun.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

you get 25 stacks within 1 zerg fight, why should someone do that. You’d need players who couldn’t join your raid, seems pretty dumb to me

I believe he means the points you get from stomps when you control some ruins.

in WvW

Posted by: unicorngirl.1487

unicorngirl.1487

How do you know they are farming bloodlust stomps? Seems like a big jump to make considering the possible score contribution is really small.

They could just be guildies who want to kill eachother and are in a cross-server guild. Or some of them transferred a while back and now are fighting for fun.

And as to them jumping you with the help of their guildie, you are kinda out of luck. For all you know they were coming to kill the friendly version and you were in their way.

Why do people DEFEND this kind of behaviour?

In other MMOs like DAOC or WAR these people would have their accounts terminated. In GW2 people stick up for xrealmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

In other MMOs like DAOC or WAR these people would have their accounts terminated. In GW2 people stick up for xrealmers?

What exactly do you think they’re doing wrong?

How about YOU provide some real evidence before declaring people guilty. A screenshot of people on 2 different servers with the same guild tag proves absolutely nothing. Maybe they used to be on the same server in the same guild together, but have since split up, and are just using the same guild tag now to say hi to old friends?

There are plenty of perfectly innocent reasons why a guild might have members on more than one server. But guilty until proven innocent right?

Why exactly do you want their accounts terminated?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

where do you think the term xrealmers came from ? thats right , daoc. and when they made the changes years ago where you could literally be a hib mid or alb because of the clusters it ruined the game forever . gw2 is at least a head of the curve before that happens . but it is getting there

in WvW

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Those that doth protest too much….

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Any time I have a guild member transfer off temporarily they spend the majority of their time trolling us, interfering with caps and remorselessly sniping our militia zerglings.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I was informed by support to post this here:

Farming your own guild cross-server for bloodlust stomp kills.

Thoughts?

Full of conspiracies. I’ve seen several matching guild tags from different sides in WvW and usually they’re just friends dueling.

If they were farming for stomps, first the whole concept is a terrible way to “farm” and second, they wouldn’t be doing it way out in the field like that screenshot. It would be in some secluded area near citadel or spawns.

I was also killed trying to cap the ruins after a friendly from the same guild (mesmer) shadowed me around until 2 Invaders jumped me.

How can you honestly believe this? You’re saying they have an elaborate cross-server 3 man setup including a spy in your guild to gank unsuspecting solo players?… If someone went though that much trouble to gank solo players they deserve your badges!

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Full of conspiracies. I’ve seen several matching guild tags from different sides in WvW and usually they’re just friends dueling.

Except you can duel in the Obsidian Sanctum where it has no impact on PPT.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Tons of dueling just happens on the spot. So yeah, you could go to the arena to duel, but if you’re roaming and you just happen to come across a friend who plays on another server (same guild or not), you’re not going to decide, “Oh, we have to make sure we don’t impact PPT so let’s go to the arena and if it’s primetime we might have to queue to get back into this bl.”

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Our guild is currently poking around in 3 different servers, we bump into each other every now and then if we happen to be in the same match up. Sometimes we run together and cause havoc, sometimes we kill each other. When friendlies add in, we let them die and then we continue whatever we were doing. So we are not allowed to do this because we might gain some points from stomps and get reported for it?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Or you can duel out of the OS where it has no impact on PPT.

I saw some tags from Dragonbrand on Maguuma twice so far this week. Each time they were just dueling their server mates. There’s no rule against cross-server guild tags and w/e they’re doing is their business. Reporting it is just stupid.

If they wanted to exploit they wouldn’t be repping the same guild. The bigger question is who actually cares about PPT enough to waste time on a stupid “exploit” like that anyway?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The amount of points Desolation has gained from Stomps has been pretty kitten impressive during the Tournament afaik. I don’t know the statistics for everyone else, but if people were to use it to their advantage it would be abusing the system , thankfully most Match-ups are still determined by taking structures and having superior coverage anyway.

So I don’t see anything wrong if small groups of people from the same Guild are playing on separate Servers, as it won’t make that much of a difference.
Let those who don’t abuse the system have their fun.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Any time I have a guild member transfer off temporarily they spend the majority of their time trolling us, interfering with caps and remorselessly sniping our militia zerglings.

I must do this one day. The question is, who will donate gems for that :/

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: highlandria.7941

highlandria.7941

Next time try to video record it. A picture just isnt enough.