Stonemist Revamp?

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: Flex.5389

Flex.5389

Would we see Stomemist revamp in new Expansion.

Servers that play in Teir 1 WvWvW.
We dont tend to keep and defend SM.
We capture, then lose it, then recapture it again so on…..
So theirs no point keeping it. Their nothing special about it to Keep hold of it.

Who else thinks the same?
How can they improve on SM?

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

SM will get revamped, and thats not a t1 problem, its how easy is to cap SM, for what i noticed the BL map will be where guilds aquire the boons by defending and hold it and EB map will be wheres those elements are going to get aplyed, i imagine that Anet will also change EB within the time to avoid the blob steamroll everything while other blob steamrolls other side of the map (i imagine t1 being mostly this becouse theres no a actual value to hold not importance besides ppt tick time).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Atm,sm in T1 is nothing but a place where zoneblobs gather to create massive lag for everyone,and afterwards they all complain, why is it so laggy ?.

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Atm,sm in T1 is nothing but a place where zoneblobs gather to create massive lag for everyone,and afterwards they all complain, why is it so laggy ?.

sounds about right, ymmv

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Stonemist, along with a lot of EB beyond your own third are traps assuming numbers are at parity.

This is because it is only worth 35 points, 10 more than a keep , but is far harder to defend. As long as your enemy has some degree of control over their third, sm will always have holes in outer. Being smack dab in the center means it is quite easy for enemies to come from multiple approaches and a lot of resources are needed to really defend it.

I don’t neccesarily see it is a bad thing as it is still a good place to fight over as some icing on the cake and of course holding it for a bit gives you lots of mobility advatanages. But it really depends on what they want it to be.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

LOL that happens in most 3 way fights even in the lower tiers. Last week our server was T5 and we had some massive 3 way skill lag fights in SM.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I personally think a few things should be done to SMC.
First, make it 3 layers. With outer constantly being Swiss cheese, it would make it more similar to a normal keep, with a very easy to breach outerayer.
Second, make the innermost doors automatically reinforced. Put it this way: if there aren’t alot of defenders v. a blob, it will come down either way.
Third, on the innermost layer (the very end of the hallway going into lords) have 2 oils situated into the ceiling (defenders can walk above the hallway to lords). Additionally, make the oil be the only thing hit table, so the rest of the AoE hits the ceiling and not the user of the oil.
Fourth, a lowered platform at the entrance to the hallway that faces the gate, with cannons and places for acs/ballist. This would be a vulnerable spot people can hit with AoE, hopefully making it difficult to really use, but still helpful.
Idk, thought of these ideas on the fly, while stuck in traffic, so there are probably major flaws in overlooking

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s much different in lower tiers than it is in higher and I say this as someone who has been in both positions.

In T1 – 3 it’s mostly a “for the tick” capture that is rarely ever defended and upgraded. The same all the way down to about T5 although from T3 – T5 there are more times where people will attempt to upgrade/defend it. Beyond T5 it quite often gets upgraded by the strongest server and if it’s not captured before the walls and gates are finished it tends to linger, get fully upgraded and become a huge pain in the butt for the servers that don’t own it. Right now is a perfect example, GoM has it fully upgraded and has been trebbing our keep on and off all day.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

make a borderland with just Stone Mist and a camp, reduce the player cap to 30-40 people, and put a Supply Generator where SM is right now.

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s much different in lower tiers than it is in higher and I say this as someone who has been in both positions.

In T1 – 3 it’s mostly a “for the tick” capture that is rarely ever defended and upgraded. The same all the way down to about T5 although from T3 – T5 there are more times where people will attempt to upgrade/defend it. Beyond T5 it quite often gets upgraded by the strongest server and if it’s not captured before the walls and gates are finished it tends to linger, get fully upgraded and become a huge pain in the butt for the servers that don’t own it. Right now is a perfect example, GoM has it fully upgraded and has been trebbing our keep on and off all day.

I guess a lot of these upgrades happen because no one wants the enemy to get 1k + supply, so if the “night” or whatever shift of the enemy servers isn’t strong enough SM will upgrade and getting a T3 SM is a pain!
And well, holding it is also a pain, as long as the enemy forces are strong. I hate to lose everything because the commander wants to hold SM at all costs.

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

SM is always something of a joke in T1 matches. No-one wants it unless it happens to have a chunk of supply in it. I’ve seen it still grey several hours after reset.

Whilst it has been the base of some really good fights, it is also the place of the most painful lag.

Just as an idea, perhaps the outer wall of SM could be made up of 3 Towers, 1 for each server. Control of SM central tower/keep would be dependent on holding ALL 3 towers.
Unless all 3 towers are controlled the central keeps gates remain wide open.
All towers are outside treb range of each other, and preferably require a decently long run to get to. Making defending all 3 an almost impossible job.

This would make SM more a skirmish point, rather than the normal Friday night 3 way lag monster.

IGN: Dal Brinium

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

SM is always something of a joke in T1 matches. No-one wants it unless it happens to have a chunk of supply in it. I’ve seen it still grey several hours after reset.

Whilst it has been the base of some really good fights, it is also the place of the most painful lag.

Just as an idea, perhaps the outer wall of SM could be made up of 3 Towers, 1 for each server. Control of SM central tower/keep would be dependent on holding ALL 3 towers.
Unless all 3 towers are controlled the central keeps gates remain wide open.
All towers are outside treb range of each other, and preferably require a decently long run to get to. Making defending all 3 an almost impossible job.

This would make SM more a skirmish point, rather than the normal Friday night 3 way lag monster.

I’ve never thought of it like that. It does make sense that SM, being so big, should be made into a more complex structure. It doesn’t make any sense that sitting in a room would make you own the place.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Stonemist Revamp?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I do hope that EB get’s a nice revamp just as the BL. Just not all in one go, that would be a bit too much I think.