Stop blaming the PvE'rs

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Tawn.9871

Tawn.9871

The WvW communities of the T1 servers are also blameless. For example, Ive been on Piken Sq. from day one (when we were a low ranked server) and now we’re T1. The WvW community here has been trying to discourage transfers explaining we have long queues for some time now.

However, the recent queue problems are unlikely to be due to transfers, but rather the new WvW achievements. PvE players are now doing more WVW as a result.

It is not their fault. They probably have been on your server just as long as you! They have an equal right to all aspects of the game.

The fault lies with ANet for introducing additional incentives at the same time as leagues.. they need to increase server capacity or introduce these overflow maps asap. Of course, these problems could die down over the next few weeks as the PvE players decide whether WvW is good for them… here’s hoping.

EDIT: A few people have responded saying, essentially, that PvErs aren’t doing WvW properly. I agree, but maybe give them a chance to learn? (In any case, they can if they so choose, play the game the way they want.) However, this is a side point. Are you honestly telling me that if the PvErs were doing WvW ‘right’, you’d be happy with the current queue times?

(edited by Tawn.9871)

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I don’t blame pvers, i blame Anet not being able to have good servers. Skill lag and qeue everywhere.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I agree with skill lags. Those are terrible and are totally on Anet side. But not with queues.

@Tawn WvW community was not trying to discourage transfers. Only few guys did it. But you can see in Recruitment thread that there is still demand for transfers to higher tiers. Well much smaller that a week ago, but you can still find it.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Alerion.3708

Alerion.3708

Same thing happens when a wvw player is going to do arah.
“Oh you are a wvw player with wvw gear? No sry. Bye”
But the wvw players can’t decide with which players they will fight even if these players have a gear that doesn’t fit in wvw.
I can’t count how often i was flamed in dungeos because i don’t know every single step and spot. Now perhaps some pve players get a taste of their own medicine

Warrior @ Kodash

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

The WvW communities of the T1 servers are also blameless. For example, Ive been on Piken Sq. from day one (when we were a low ranked server) and now we’re T1. The WvW community here has been trying to discourage transfers explaining we have long queues for some time now.

However, the recent queue problems are unlikely to be due to transfers, but rather the new WvW achievements. PvE players are now doing more WVW as a result.

It is not their fault. They probably have been on your server just as long as you! They have an equal right to all aspects of the game.

The fault lies with ANet for introducing additional incentives at the same time as leagues.. they need to increase server capacity or introduce these overflow maps asap. Of course, these problems could die down over the next few weeks as the PvE players decide whether WvW is good for them… here’s hoping.

You are understanding things quite in the wrong way…

It’s not because they are PvE players or the time they are in the server, but rather how they perform in WvW. High tiered matches highly relies on the capacity of the server to work as a well oiled machine, following orders from seasoned commanders without questioning. Being in a Voip help the organization too.

Now, i would welcome PvE players (who also probably have better gear than the rest) to the WvW if they abide to this mindset. The work and the effort we have be putting into the wv3 this past months is being ruined because a personal agenda due to the achievement completion rush.

If “soldiers” who follows orders and whose value is detrimental to the WvW panorama is being left in the queue because some players that have a personal agenda and don’t care about the rest, nor follow orders are inside, what do you think the Wv3 community is going to feel? Enjoyment or Rage?

It’s not a personal attack to the PvE players personally, but rather to their mindset while playing other game styles other than theirs.

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I don’t blame pvers, i blame Anet not being able to have good servers. Skill lag and qeue everywhere.

This, I like the new players on the servers. No problem there, just the lag is sometimes killing the fun.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

You are all wrong, A-net needed to show big numbers in wvw to their executives so they can get more resources.

I find it genious tbh.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Maybe it is time ANet considers adding more server capacity? Double the amount of the players allowed on each map. The new achievements have created and brought back from the past… The long queues when the game first came out is now back. Let’s allow more people in so they all can get their fair shot at the achievement rewards and perhaps finally making a difference for their server.

-S o S-

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Dunno about your guys but on blackgate, even tho u will see from time to time ppl mapchatting “pve noob” or “pub scrub” or whatever we encourage each and everyone to join TS for explenations.

I dunno if we have a better community then others but the majority actually listen, join TS even tho they have no mic, and take our advices. Since this started i’ve been on our BL and i’ve seen around 3-4 times insults if u can call them that related to PvE players or random pugs. All those were solved either by TS or by some of our more experienced players taking his time to brief him about what’s going on and what he should do.

The secret behind this is people actually acknowledging people that might have more experience in WvW, without ever knowing them, and listening to their advices + applying them, but also because of our experienced wvw players who actually care about patiently teaching others how to properly wvw without raging.

All in all the general mentality on BG is we want to improve not only ourselves but also our community. A bigger experienced community = more awesome fights!

Also when i personally when i am in wvw and i see people that might have trouble understanding what’s going on (the strategy etc) because we mostly talk in TS, i mapchat that if anyone has trouble understanding to PM me for explanations etc. and i usually get 2-3 ppl as soon as i hit enter, asking me about what they should do/scout/defend…or join the big fight…what to bring ..or even about builds/classes/food and such.

My advice..be more open minded to players who don’t know what to do. Put yourself in his shoes. If u insult someone it’s clear that someone will never take u seriously and will never come back to wvw. That’s not what u want..u want to create a team that has fun in wvw in that team. You want that random guy who at that moment didn’t have experience, to listen, learn and start to like wvw so he comes back knowing what to do. A team needs to be built. A team is never built on rage or ignorance (as in nobody tells him what to do).

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

Exactly. There’s a real place for new people in WvW even if it means queues might get longer (not like this week, this is unusual and terri-bad). It’ll give new points of view and probably some flexibility of thinking. Who knows? Maybe our next commander…no, !General! is among them.

Well, it could happen….

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Is this a game for passing time or a military mission in real life?
Too much wvw is making some ppl lose perspective it seems!

I’m going to troll the next commander who tells me to “Stack”.
Not gonna listen to a person who thinks his 100G blue map indicator makes him the next God of War haha!

(edited by Verdelet Arconia.6987)

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Alerion.3708

Perhaps you should go back to PvE than. There you can troll the quaggans and don’t disturb people who like playing wvw.

Warrior @ Kodash

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Not gonna listen to a person who thinks his 100G blue map indicator makes him the next God of War haha!

and that is why we run tagless.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I do blame the pve’rs. It’s entirely their fault that they ‘heard wvw was a good place to level’ and bring some ress bot fodder toon into the match up, then proceed to ignore the commanders trying to get things done by having an attitude like Verdelet’s- which is a typical selfish pve attitude to have- ‘attack the champ as soon as I get there nevermind others I can see on my map who are still on their way and might not get the kill, as long as I get mine hahahah’.

WvW is about organisation, group builds, proper equipment, and knowing what to do and when – then it is great fun. If you want to roam, then go roam- take a couple of mates with you, and while you’re roaming flip those camps, kill those dollies, etc.

The people who troll the commander for saying stack are usually one of two types- the first to become a res bot, or the one at the back running backwards as soon as the fight starts (who causes others to die, the fight to be lost, but fail to see it that way).

One thing has always puzzled me in wvw- why are people so afraid of pixels? I mean, it’s not like you die when your toon does, why do so many turn tail as soon as they see equal numbers or try and target the front of the enemy’s zerg whilst running backwards?

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

WvW is about organisation, group builds, proper equipment, and knowing what to do and when – then it is great fun.

ehm what game are you playing? Organisation? Like get all people on map to one spot? Equipment and group builds like pvt geared staff guards and hammer warriors?

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Alerion.3708

One thing has always puzzled me in wvw- why are people so afraid of pixels? I mean, it’s not like you die when your toon does, why do so many turn tail as soon as they see equal numbers or try and target the front of the enemy’s zerg whilst running backwards?

I like to be with less players than the others. Thats a challange. To run over 20 ppl with a 50ppl zerg is nothing special. The last few days mostly every one runs away. I ran through the ruins and saw two enemys. I attacked the first and than both ran like hell. i was a little disappointed.

Warrior @ Kodash

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

you don’t need to stack, its ok if you don’t want the cleanses and water fields, just die fast so you don’t rally anyone.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Verdelet Arconia.6987

I do blame the pve’rs. It’s entirely their fault that they ‘heard wvw was a good place to level’ and bring some ress bot fodder toon into the match up, then proceed to ignore the commanders trying to get things done by having an attitude like Verdelet’s- which is a typical selfish pve attitude to have- ‘attack the champ as soon as I get there nevermind others I can see on my map who are still on their way and might not get the kill, as long as I get mine hahahah’.

WvW is about organisation, group builds, proper equipment, and knowing what to do and when – then it is great fun. If you want to roam, then go roam- take a couple of mates with you, and while you’re roaming flip those camps, kill those dollies, etc.

The people who troll the commander for saying stack are usually one of two types- the first to become a res bot, or the one at the back running backwards as soon as the fight starts (who causes others to die, the fight to be lost, but fail to see it that way).

I haven’t even started to troll and it seems I’ve strucked a soft spot in you. Wow, didn’t know I’m that efficient. Peace bro,no need to make up stories of me. You can’t handle me anyways May your beloved organisation continue the good fight whilst I enjoy the game as it is,a game. Cheers young one!

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Maybe it is time ANet considers adding more server capacity? Double the amount of the players allowed on each map. The new achievements have created and brought back from the past… The long queues when the game first came out is now back. Let’s allow more people in so they all can get their fair shot at the achievement rewards and perhaps finally making a difference for their server.

Are you crazy? The lag is bad enough.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Umm, it is the PvE’ers cause even with the recent rash of transfers to JQ, BG, and SoR, WvW guilds were still able to get into WvW maps with minimal que times – after the League patch, NOW, the que times are utterly ridiculous and ludicrous!

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

For queues you only have yourself to blame. Don’t kid yourself into believing you have higher priority in WvW just because you play it more often.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Umm, it is the PvE’ers cause even with the recent rash of transfers to JQ, BG, and SoR, WvW guilds were still able to get into WvW maps with minimal que times – after the League patch, NOW, the que times are utterly ridiculous and ludicrous!

Take in consideration a large portion of players which are on your server, pre-season were not joining wvw..but now with the event, achievement and rewards more of those already existing players on your server are tempted to join to check it out and so on.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Crystal desert is mainly a PVE server. Attached is the score taken a few minutes prior this post. Achievement hunters seem to be helping alot with the score.

Once the achievement hunting has tone down after a few weeks since most would have cleared it by then,we’ll take a look at the score for CD again, if its significantly poorer than this than we can safely say its not the achievement hunters fault that the server is losing.

Attachments:

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The pve players from Piken have actually been remarkably good about jumping in and helping with little griefing going on in maps (at least not the BL’s haven’t been on EB much). I’ve watched them all rally to run and defend a tower or keep that’s being attacked, rather than just stand there. While they aren’t up to the same level of experience as some of our hardcore guilds on the server, it’s been nice to see them run to try to help. Could be because there’s not a lot of abusive chatter in maps about pve players though — so there’s a more willingness to help out and learn. Yes, there’s complaints about queues, but nobody is doing the finger pointing thing at the pve crowd. I’m hoping these pve guys venturing into WvW stick around and learn and grow and improve with challenges, maybe even join a bigger WvW focused guild and see why so many of us have fallen in love with WvW.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

Crystal desert is mainly a PVE server. Attached is the score taken a few minutes prior this post. Achievement hunters seem to be helping alot with the score.

Once the achievement hunting has tone down after a few weeks since most would have cleared it by then,we’ll take a look at the score for CD again, if its significantly poorer than this than we can safely say its not the achievement hunters fault that the server is losing.

All this really means is that there is even more emphasis on oceanic and sea, because while NA prime time queues mean that player slots get taken up by pve players who don’t know what they are doing (making NA time PPT less meaningful), overnight times can always benefit from more players.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Verdelet Arconia.6987

All this really means is that there is even more emphasis on oceanic and sea, because while NA prime time queues mean that player slots get taken up by pve players who don’t know what they are doing (making NA time PPT less meaningful), overnight times can always benefit from more players.

Yups,well aware of that. But 50K+ lead doesn’t just happen in a few hours due to the time zone difference. Another point to note, not everyone sleeps at night, so people in different time zones can still play together.

(edited by Verdelet Arconia.6987)

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Agree with OP.

It is shocking how few people understand that more players in WvW is a good thing. You also can’t expect those from PvE to know the right way to play. Yes, you will have to explain when to take supply. Yes you will need to explain that their total zerker gear doesn’t work in all cases. Yes, you will have to explain that they shouldn’t suicide your golems.

Most people were in the same situation at one point.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Agree with OP.

It is shocking how few people understand that more players in WvW is a good thing. You also can’t expect those from PvE to know the right way to play. Yes, you will have to explain when to take supply. Yes you will need to explain that their total zerker gear doesn’t work in all cases. Yes, you will have to explain that they shouldn’t suicide your golems.

Most people were in the same situation at one point.

No, the people who were playing WvW with the old achievements were there for WvW.

The only change is the easy achievements. And now there is a massive influx of players.

They are there for the achievements.

I know I know…..logic on the forums.

How people post that this sudden influx of people are there for WvW when the only change was the achievements is mind boggling.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

All that means is your server has a lot larger PvE population than the other two servers. Numbers and coverage is a very large factor in W3. 50 players randomly attacking anything on the map actually wins out against 20 players using sound strategy. It’s just the way it is.

These new achievements may help out PvE servers win a match, but they have the opposite effect on higher tier servers. Now the obvious question is: why should ANet cater to higher tier servers at all? Well, possibly because they have a lot more invested into it. By the same token, it would be wrong for W3ers to try and tell the PvE crowd how to best run fractals or dungeons.

We understand ANet is trying to get more players involved in W3, but adding achievements as an enticement is the wrong way to do it.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

All that means is your server has a lot larger PvE population than the other two servers. Numbers and coverage is a very large factor in W3. 50 players randomly attacking anything on the map actually wins out against 20 players using sound strategy. It’s just the way it is.

These new achievements may help out PvE servers win a match, but they have the opposite effect on higher tier servers. Now the obvious question is: why should ANet cater to higher tier servers at all? Well, possibly because they have a lot more invested into it. By the same token, it would be wrong for W3ers to try and tell the PvE crowd how to best run fractals or dungeons.

We understand ANet is trying to get more players involved in W3, but adding achievements as an enticement is the wrong way to do it.

Higher tier servers don’t have more invested in WvW. All servers are equal and bandwagoners shouldn’t at all be favoured.

Gate of Madness

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Understand your concerns,however no one solution can truly make everyone happy.
And i don’t think Anet can or should implement different mechanics to different tiers, thus a one size fits all solution should cater to the majority. They have the data to work with.Better to have crowded maps than empty ghost towns i guess.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

The problem I have with the “PvE” players (mind you not all of them) is the toxic immature attitude. Not willing to learn, work together, or try anything out side what they want to do. Its as if they don’t realize that if they help and listen that everyone will be more successful and get them there achievements and loot faster.

They reason PvE players are being treated like trash is because WvW players and guilds have spent countless hours building a team atmosphere. It the unwillingness to work as a team to help in a positive manner. And when suggestions are made to try and help everyone out and make us more successful, trolls just start spamming /m with garbage. I know some PvE players are making a real effort to help but the issue is a few bad eggs ruin the bunch.

Don’t act like this type of attitude towards players are WvW specific. PvE has some of the most “elitist” groups in the game. CoF runs, the bugged champ farm in CS, the list can go on. At least WvW players are willing to help and make you better so we as a server can be better.

My point is the queues are only catalyst for the hate, if PvE players would be more open to re gearing, getting in TS, listening and learning, taking the weight off some of the guild groups, everything would be much better.

I mean don’t get me wrong, its hilarious to see every 60v60 fight. The guild group listens and lives while both servers just blow up all the pugs. On reset night a friend and I were mailing things to each other for bag space…It’s just sad that the same fight last week would have been insanely epic, while this week its who can kill the squishys first.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

Higher tier servers don’t have more invested in WvW. All servers are equal and bandwagoners shouldn’t at all be favoured.

Well that was rude. :/

I have been on SoR since beta, so I don’t know how that applies.

In terms of only raw numbers, higher tier servers actually do have more invested in W3. That’s not a pro or con against server populations, that’s just a fact. I’m sure there are plenty or lower tier servers that kick kitten on the field, but that’s not the issue here. The issue is the PvE meta is eclipsing W3 gameplay, which is a problem. Especially since this league just started…frankly it blows my mind that they would do both at the same time.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

And i don’t think Anet can or should implement different mechanics to different tiers, thus a one size fits all solution should cater to the majority. They have the data to work with.Better to have crowded maps than empty ghost towns i guess.

They are catering to the PvE majority though, and not the W3 majority. It’s a very important difference.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: BlackAngel.1349

BlackAngel.1349

They are catering to the PvE majority though, and not the W3 majority. It’s a very important difference.

I’d like to see how many of the pve players stay in WvW after finishing their achievement meta. Especially on the lower tier servers, where people are content because they are getting fights with large numbers, but when people start leaving because they’ve completed the achievements its going to start a domino effect because consequentially the fights won’t be as fulfilling anymore so people will stop enjoying it and leave, and there starts the spiral. They could have breathed new life to w3 by different means, especially through guilds, like adding influence incentives and such. Leagues was a great idea because it balances the random matchups they were having (SoR fighting SoS and SBI last week), and it might have brought new people into wvw on its own, but adding achievements on top of that is what killed it.

Glaedr Darksbane

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

styx.7294

In terms of only raw numbers, higher tier servers actually do have more invested in W3. That’s not a pro or con against server populations, that’s just a fact. I’m sure there are plenty or lower tier servers that kick kitten on the field, but that’s not the issue here. The issue is the PvE meta is eclipsing W3 gameplay, which is a problem. Especially since this league just started…frankly it blows my mind that they would do both at the same time.

I think the issue that affects WvW health is that people keep transferrin up tiers and fixin queues and skill lag on overpopulated servers is not only gonna waste resources because people will keep filling it up but also exasperate the issue because you’re not fixin the transfer problem.

Bottom servers need to get their PvE players involved to build up population and incentives for those players to stay in those tiers to help build up organization. Tier 1 servers sayin “we’re what’s important” is the bandwagon attitude that is part the problem.

Lots of rude people on the forums, due to population differences, most of them are in the higher tiers.

Gate of Madness

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

I think the issue that affects WvW health is that people keep transferrin up tiers and fixin queues and skill lag on overpopulated servers is not only gonna waste resources because people will keep filling it up but also exasperate the issue because you’re not fixin the transfer problem.

Bottom servers need to get their PvE players involved to build up population and incentives for those players to stay in those tiers to help build up organization. Tier 1 servers sayin “we’re what’s important” is the bandwagon attitude that is part the problem.

Lots of rude people on the forums, due to population differences, most of them are in the higher tiers.

1. Skill lag is a game engine problem, not a W3 problem. The same thing happens at huge world events like Teq.

2. “We’re what’s important” is not what we’re really saying. We’re saying “the PvP spirit is what’s important.” Introducing achievements into W3 attracts exactly the wrong kind of players to it. W3 needs players who value real competition and teamwork, not titles and cosmetics. I’m not saying anyone is wrong for wanting the latter, just that it’s not what W3 is about.

3. Since the PvE crowd is larger, by your logic there are more rude people there. :/

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Alerion.3708

Haven’t had skilllags at Teq yet. There only can join around 100? player? In wvw perhaps 80-100 player of each server.

3. i agree 100% haven’t seen that much flaming in the last month that we have sometime at one day now.

Warrior @ Kodash

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

styx.7294

1. Skill lag is a game engine problem, not a W3 problem. The same thing happens at huge world events like Teq.

2. “We’re what’s important” is not what we’re really saying. We’re saying “the PvP spirit is what’s important.” Introducing achievements into W3 attracts exactly the wrong kind of players to it. W3 needs players who value real competition and teamwork, not titles and cosmetics. I’m not saying anyone is wrong for wanting the latter, just that it’s not what W3 is about.

3. Since the PvE crowd is larger, by your logic there are more rude people there. :/

1. In 14 months of playtime (90% WvW), I’ve had skill lag maybe 3 times, each time in Stonemist. The only comment I can make on it is somehow it’s only a problem I hear about from people in top tier. Even on a queued map we don’t have guilds big enough to pull everyone together in one giant zerg (bronze league might have a handful of guilds that field 20-30).

2. Lots of people and guilds have the “PvP spirit” here. What gets in our way is paid transfers to tier 1 and the game incentives that move people to higher tiers.

It does sound dreamy that the higher tiers are where people go to be super serious but from the quality of people I see transfer, it’s the quitters, the people who burn out, the ones who want to do somethin easy somewhere where they don’t have to try very hard, the ones who think a change of scenery will help their under performing guild, the ones who wanna win. And after a year of that, it is eventually the ones who just want more people around.

3. Possibly!

Gate of Madness

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

1. In 14 months of playtime (90% WvW), I’ve had skill lag maybe 3 times, each time in Stonemist. The only comment I can make on it is somehow it’s only a problem I hear about from people in top tier. Even on a queued map we don’t have guilds big enough to pull everyone together in one giant zerg (bronze league might have a handful of guilds that field 20-30).

2. Lots of people and guilds have the “PvP spirit” here. What gets in our way is paid transfers to tier 1 and the game incentives that move people to higher tiers.

It does sound dreamy that the higher tiers are where people go to be super serious but from the quality of people I see transfer, it’s the quitters, the people who burn out, the ones who want to do somethin easy somewhere where they don’t have to try very hard, the ones who think a change of scenery will help their under performing guild, the ones who wanna win. And after a year of that, it is eventually the ones who just want more people around.

3. Possibly!

1. You’re very, very lucky. And I envy you. But SoR is my home and I won’t leave her, no matter how many bandwagoners come and go.

2. I agree transfers exacerbate the problems, but achievements aren’t the solution. No matter how many people they bring in.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

I blame PvErs when our borderland was queued last night for over an hour, while a 30man guild went and worked on bloodlust achievement and we lost both of our keeps, and almost lost garrison.

Yes, I blame PvErs.

(However, I do blame Anet most. They really should have started the stupid achievements 2 weeks before leagues. Introducing them at the same time was just plain idiotic.)

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

I think ArenaNet saw this coming. That is why they are trying to build the WvW overflow maps. They just need to do them sooner rather than later.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I dont blame the PvE’ers for wanting to get into WvW where they can now pick up a bunch of easy achievements.

I do blame the PvE’ers for their downright aweful attitude of “gimme its mine!”. Rushing to the Lords, ignoring downed allies, bursting dollies when there are other allies on the way. The list goes on.
And then there is the point of them being just rubish, partly because of what i mentioned before. Scared to commit, refusing to cooperate or coordinate, running terrible builds, etc.
I understand this might be new and difficult to some, but a lot of them arent even trying.

And then there is the complaining “50 ranks to grindy!”, trying to steer zergs for their own selfish goals to cap a tower they need.
And the hogging of siege with zero ranks in them, just because they want to get the bags or Demolisionist achievement. While people with +45% Cata damage are sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

“And the hogging of siege with zero ranks in them, just because they want to get the bags or Demolisionist achievement. While people with +45% Cata damage are sitting around twiddling their thumbs.” OMG, this.

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Sadly, the answer is probably horrific… Roll back the Caps, which of course leads to even longer Que’s. That has been the answer that every previous MMO has had to do once faced with this issue. If servers can not handle say… 1500 folks on the map all in one spot, then make the numbers actually work out. 1200? 999? Then once you get to the point of acceptable lag… to make up for the problem, you make more maps…

No clue if this is doable or not, it doesn’t seem to make sense but the lag sure doesn’t either, all though in fairness, it effects everyone equally.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

“And the hogging of siege with zero ranks in them, just because they want to get the bags or Demolisionist achievement. While people with +45% Cata damage are sitting around twiddling their thumbs.” OMG, this.

Get the person who dropped the siege to kick them off (Ask nicely first of course)

If the pve player on the piece of siege paid and dropped and built it … build your own.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Devesion.5704

Devesion.5704

It isn’t the ques im blaming for, It’s not the people who run into the JP to do their achievements, i’m blaming the people who won’t cooperate defending an objective, because they want to cap it. I lost already 1 T3 keep, 5 T3 towers because people are to focused on their achievements that i get comments like: Why do you want to defend it dude? or “srsly, let it fail and recap it”. That is not the spirit which WvW is intended to.

“Let the shadows embrace you!”

Matthew Witherblade [TaG] GH

Stop blaming the PvE'rs

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I’m not afraid of pixels. I’m afraid of having to run all the way back to the zerg, and wasting time. I don’t run all the time, but if the battle’s lost, I try to retreat. I usually don’t make it, but I do try. Also, since I play an ele, I like wasting people time by going to mist form just as they’re about to pound me. So much fun.