Stop pin-sniping

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I assume commanders are prepared for things like that.

Good ones are. Bad ones make threads like these.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

I assume commanders are prepared for things like that.

Good ones are. Bad ones make threads like these.

This.

Gandaran.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Right? I never understood why there is such reliance on a single person… A zerg simply don’t know wtf to do when the commander dies. It’s like everyone forget how to play the game and just bend over and take it.

Well once you are in combat and all you have to go on is Squad chat I dont understand the problem i guess.

Absolutely the commander is necessary for overall co-ordination from a tactics perspective. We are hitting this camp, resupply, port back, hit x camp, supply up, we have scout report numbers at x keep, port my waypoint, defend, etc, etc.

Against say a 15-20man dedicated zerg busting group and you are just pugmanding getting double pulled banished- JI/MI stomped may signal the end of your blob but ….. Isnt that what co-ordinated play is about? This group played smart, doubled pulled ur driver and banished/JI stomped him with 15 vs 30-40 … GG?

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

(edited by Chorazin.4107)

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Just put a veil down before the zergs collide. After the commander goes stealth, the chaos makes it difficult to concentrate a snipe on them when they reappear.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

To lessen the burden of pin sniping:

1. Stop leaping so far in front of your zerg
2. Don’t always trail in front of your zerg, have tanky people next to you & try to blend in with your buddies
3. Assign a back up commander if things go south
4. Bait their bomb first; their skills will be on CD
5. Rotate your stab accordingly (if Moa’d, fall back) and this is under the assumption you have a rev giving out resistance appropriately
6. For very organised play; assign 1-2 mesmers that can grant AoE distortion upon engaging enemy zergs to avoid possible Moa/pulls etc. Although this skill is extremely short in use, using it appropriately will give you the upper hand
7. Record yourself sometimes. You’d be surprised how many personal mistakes are made such as leading too far away from the rest of your zerg, fighting on bad terrain etc. Learn from your mistakes and improve!

It is extremely easy to know who is driving a zerg simply via the movement of the blob. It always has been. These days it’s made even easier by placing squad markers on enemy drivers.

You can run, but you cannot hide.

Add to this – Have as many people as possible look exactly the same as you and make sure you have good teammates who stay really close. A good zerg moves as one.

Honestly though, this is a ridiculous thread. Taking out commanders has always been the best way to win a battle. It’s done all the time in real life and video games. Next thing you know the OP will want invulnerability granted to anyone who tags up.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

It’s a big problem that really won’t be stopped and can’t be, even if ranks were hidden. The driver is in front of the group 90% of the time so they’re easy to identify.

Only real solution is for commanders to be running tankier builds, like nomad or sentinel with durability or melandru runes.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Just put a veil down before the zergs collide. After the commander goes stealth, the chaos makes it difficult to concentrate a snipe on them when they reappear.

And drop one of GREN for a mesmer? PREPOSTEROUS!

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Heibi.4251

It’s a big problem that really won’t be stopped and can’t be, even if ranks were hidden. The driver is in front of the group 90% of the time so they’re easy to identify.

Only real solution is for commanders to be running tankier builds, like nomad or sentinel with durability or melandru runes.

I still don’t see why this is a big problem. It’s called Guild WARS. There is nothing fair in a war. Targeting the commander is a proper tactic and there is nothing wrong or illegal with it. If you can’t stand being targeted don’t tag up. And if you commander is being targeted keep him/her healed and condi clean. Oh, and stay close to him/her so the enemy has a hard time sniping him/her in the first place.

So moral of the story:
If you can’t stand being targeted, don’t tag up.
If you’re going to whine about being targeted, don’t tag up.
If you think your commander is being sniped, stay ON tag.
If you keep getting targeted look into the reason why you are so east to target. Are you a huge norn with a fire sword? A huge Charr with big wings? A high WvW ranked player?

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Jaruselka.5943

Jaruselka.5943

Pin sniping is a good tactic, especially in EOTM. I’ve seen an entire 30 man zerg waypoint shortly after the commander is taken out. If you want to succeed in a zerg fight you have to learn the art of durable cohesion.

IOJ → NSP after FA purchased all our WvW guilds

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I still don’t see why this is a big problem. It’s called Guild WARS. There is nothing fair in a war. Targeting the commander is a proper tactic and there is nothing wrong or illegal with it. If you can’t stand being targeted don’t tag up. And if you commander is being targeted keep him/her healed and condi clean. Oh, and stay close to him/her so the enemy has a hard time sniping him/her in the first place.

So moral of the story:
If you keep getting targeted look into the reason why you are so east to target. Are you a huge norn with a fire sword? A huge Charr with big wings? A high WvW ranked player?

This is what the problem is.

Say you’re on a server that’s outnumbered. Your server has only one tag on the map.
The other server is used to playing the pin snipe meta.
The two sides meet, your outnumbered commander is pin sniped every time then ragequits.
No other commander tags up.
Your server starts losing players to other maps and is now outmanned.
The other server is free to PvD the map for the next three and a half hours of their raid.
The other side PvD’s the map, comes on to the forum and complains that there is nobody to fight.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Fay.2357

So moral of the story:

Say you’re on a server that’s outnumbered. Your server has only one tag on the map.
The two sides meet, your outnumbered commander is pin sniped every time then ragequits.
The other server is free to PvD the map for the next three and a half hours of their raid.
The other side PvD’s the map, comes on to the forum and complains that there is nobody to fight.

If you’re outnumbered and your group is bad enough to get pin sniped and have the commander rage quit, you were just a bag farm for the other group anyway. One way or another your team would have ended being pounded into the ground by the other team. Pin sniping has nothing to do with it.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

The same could be argued for those guilds/servers that feel the need to always fight 50v20.

Would you rather play against players, or doors?

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Fay.2357

The same could be argued for those guilds/servers that feel the need to always fight 50v20.

I personally enjoy playing against players. However I also run with a guild that fields 25 players maximum and actually uses tactics and well-thought-out group composition to counter pin sniping. Our commander never gets successfully sniped, and in the rare circumstances that he DCs, we have a couple of backup strategies that keep the group moving.

I know, basic strategy and tactics is a tall order for most WvWers, but at least have the self-awareness not to come complaining on the forums about lacking it…

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m of the opinion that I’d honestly rather no one tag on either side. Tagless blob fights are the most chaotic and the most fun. They also usually last for an incredibly long time because not enough people will die at once to make a full push.

I’m always having a blast when Mag, TC and/or BG all blob up but there doesn’t appear to be a leader on any side. We just open field skirmish for up to an hour at a time and it’s amazingly fun.

Also I kind of like this

“We can’t have pin sniping. What will we do with leaderless zergs?”

“As long as you run big zergs, I will order the killing of commanders at the beginning of every battle.”

Stop rolling in 80 man blobs, start having multiple tags. No one likes fighting lag.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

I personally enjoy playing against players. However I also run with a guild that fields 25 players maximum and actually uses tactics and well-thought-out group composition to counter pin sniping. Our commander never gets successfully sniped, and in the rare circumstances that he DCs, we have a couple of backup strategies that keep the group moving.

I know, basic strategy and tactics is a tall order for most WvWers, but at least have the self-awareness not to come complaining on the forums about lacking it…

And sometimes just getting 25 on a map with a tag is a tall order, whatever, play how you want to play. Keep WvW growing.

With the increase in volatility, the T2-T4 matches will be mixed up. If you use T1 strategy and tactics against a T4 server, you won’t have anybody to fight against. Just don’t come complaining on the forums about the lack of fights.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Fay.2357

I’m of the opinion that I’d honestly rather no one tag on either side. Tagless blob fights are the most chaotic and the most fun. They also usually last for an incredibly long time because not enough people will die at once to make a full push.

If I wanted to waste my time without accomplishing anything I’d play PvP.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Aye, we wasted so much time using tactic like that to defeat guilds like RG back in the hammer train days, ugh. Dont remind me.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

That’s why I said “of the opinion.” I don’t care about accomplishing anything. I just enjoy fights, large and small. Capturing things and pushing keeps is, most of the time, unappealing. But I understand that most people need their lewtz and XPz or “gaem is ded.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

That’s not really other servers problems, the commander needs to suck it up and maybe build their stats better, especially if you’re going to pug command.

This isn’t 1800’s Europe where the etiquette was not to target officers because it caused chaos.

“Now we come to the matter of the specific targeting of officers during engagements. You must know that in civilized warfare, officers in the field must not be accorded inappropriate levels of hostile attention. Imagine the chaos that would follow from leaderless armies having at each other. There must be gentlemen in command to lead and, where necessary, restrain their men. "

“Restrain them from, say, targeting civilians. Women, children and such.”

“That’s a separate issue.”

“No. I consider them linked. And as long as your soldiers attack civilians I will order the shooting of officers at every engagement. And my men are excellent marksmen.”

So obviously the solution is to stop destroying the civilian houses at the EBG red keep, and your commanders won’t get pin sniped!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They just need to make anyone with a commander tag invulnerable. Shouldn’t cause any problems.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

They just need to make anyone with a commander tag invulnerable. Shouldn’t cause any problems.

what happens when everyone tags up….?

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

what happens when everyone tags up….?

Game gets balanced, every one using gimmick to win.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

That’s not really other servers problems, the commander needs to suck it up and maybe build their stats better, especially if you’re going to pug command.

This isn’t 1800’s Europe where the etiquette was not to target officers because it caused chaos.

“Now we come to the matter of the specific targeting of officers during engagements. You must know that in civilized warfare, officers in the field must not be accorded inappropriate levels of hostile attention. Imagine the chaos that would follow from leaderless armies having at each other. There must be gentlemen in command to lead and, where necessary, restrain their men. "

“Restrain them from, say, targeting civilians. Women, children and such.”

“That’s a separate issue.”

“No. I consider them linked. And as long as your soldiers attack civilians I will order the shooting of officers at every engagement. And my men are excellent marksmen.”

So obviously the solution is to stop destroying the civilian houses at the EBG red keep, and your commanders won’t get pin sniped!

Actually, it’s everyone’s problem.

We all know that Anet doesn’t have the will/resources to change WvW into something that is beyond the player’s ability to break.

Pin sniping a commander that jumps out in front of the zerg is normal, but corrupting, pulling, downing, stomping, ballista printing a commander out of the middle of the zerg is something else.

That is just one of many things we the players do that ends up killing WvW.

Stacking on one server, or the dominant server.
PvD, Ktrain, Nightcapping.
Using HoT banners and tactivators.
Playing the PPT game where you siege up everything, even when you outman the other servers.
Playing the PPK game where you attack only when you have superior numbers and run to siege cover when you have equal numbers.
Spawn camping.
Pin Sniping.

We do all of these thinking we’re great at strategy and tactics, but it only ends up killing WvW.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Anyone who thinks that there are no rules in war isn’t a very good student of history. There are, however, no universal rules for war. Different cultures had different rules and different taboos during war times. So what this is, is simply a clash of WvW subcultures. As such, no side is inherently right or wrong. Though one side might be said to have different priorities to the other. Whether or not one set of priorities is better for the game than the other… can only be surmised.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Actually no it isn’t. It’s that person’s problem not willing to adapt and be a better commander if that’s what they want to do. Pin sniping will exist no matter how many abilities they remove to deal with it. No different than trying to go roam with a blob spec, how long will does one last with that? are they not willing to switch to a roam spec in order to make it a better experience?

The same goes for commanding, build your commander toon for better survivability and use some tactics in trying to deter pin sniping, there’s like a dozen suggestions in here already.

If that commander gives up because they can’t deal with it, that’s their servers problem if they came to rely on him, although personally that’s not a commander I would care to follow anyways.

Some of the other stuff you listed are issues we have no control over, it’s up to anet to fix those whenever.

In the end it’s a game, no one cares about rules of war, red is dead, or colored dot is dead if that’s your preference.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Actually no it isn’t. It’s that person’s problem not willing to adapt and be a better commander if that’s what they want to do. Pin sniping will exist no matter how many abilities they remove to deal with it. No different than trying to go roam with a blob spec, how long will does one last with that? are they not willing to switch to a roam spec in order to make it a better experience?

The same goes for commanding, build your commander toon for better survivability and use some tactics in trying to deter pin sniping, there’s like a dozen suggestions in here already.

If that commander gives up because they can’t deal with it, that’s their servers problem if they came to rely on him, although personally that’s not a commander I would care to follow anyways.

Some of the other stuff you listed are issues we have no control over, it’s up to anet to fix those whenever.

In the end it’s a game, no one cares about rules of war, red is dead, or colored dot is dead if that’s your preference.

I don’t see dragon banners used much anymore. I can’t remember the last time I saw/heard the SMC airship.

So the players HAVE refrained from doing things so the game ends up being better for everyone.

Everything I listed IS in the players control. Just because Anet in incapable of fixing it doesn’t mean that the players should exploit it.

Also this is a game, not a war. This is meant to survive, to grow. Wars have an end. Keep doing the things that make the game not fun to play and the game will end also.

Your choice. Choose wisely.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Teanti.2376

Teanti.2376

I don’t think most of you have played the BG pin snipers. they pin snipe but lose the fight all the time. it is not a winning strategy just a losing one. By fixing pin snipers you might actually help the bad servers win a few fights.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

I don’t think most of you have played the BG pin snipers. they pin snipe but lose the fight all the time. it is not a winning strategy just a losing one. By fixing pin snipers you might actually help the bad servers win a few fights.

Have a back up driver like everyone else or beef up like other drivers if you know it’s a kitten show. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve been driver sniped by JQ and BG guilds with their little thief parties or condi dumpers.

Hi again.

Commander here.

Let’s revisit the driver sniping tactic again. It’s a tactic.
Like blobbing down 20 people with 50. Ez.

Every tactic / play has a counter-tactic / counter-play.

You could … Bulk up, Driver Snipe back, Create a back-up driver, or come up with a play that your squad is familiar with, and easy to execute (in the event you get rekt).

One of the plays I use in scenarios where … say, I get rekt b/c I’m bad, or we’re severely overwhelmed … I’ll say “roach!” like a kittenroach. Which means to disperse, scatter, and bite the enemies ankles. Having a single commander with 50+ behind his tag can’t effectively train down 1-person at a time, it will take forever and attrition will come into play. It gives my group a break and a chance to regroup at a designated location whilst continuing to wear down our enemy.

Edit: Anet y u kitten my https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/kittenroach reference? y tho.

Edit (again): Here’s a video where we can pretend I got driver sniped (I actually d/c), guild members roach https://www.twitch.tv/chabatangnu/v/115069115?t=49m28s , regroup with backup tag, backup tag gets sniped (not really but he forgot stabberinno) https://www.twitch.tv/chabatangnu/v/115069115?t=52m04s .. then members find pockets and oppurtunities to wither down the group until I reconnect.

https://i.imgur.com/gWKsED3.gifv

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

(edited by Haematic.4913)

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I guess if you got rid of all the 1200 pulls and moa it would be ok. The necro corrupts are a pain but whatever.

Moa is on a massive cooldown. A DH has a pull that is unblockable, unevadable on a 20s timer.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Instead of complaining on the forums about it, have you considered trying to play better instead?

I know Maguuma is Pin Snipe Server.

You’re in a guild that is literally made to pinsnipe.

You’re in a guild that is literally made to pinsnipe too .
oh btw and tag watch

No, my guild isn’t comprised solely of pin snipers. We’re mostly just random players from either sPvP or remnants of the GvG scene. As for tag watching, I don’t know anything about that.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

I guess if you got rid of all the 1200 pulls and moa it would be ok. The necro corrupts are a pain but whatever.

Moa is on a massive cooldown. A DH has a pull that is unblockable, unevadable on a 20s timer.

With CS it’s only 90 seconds and if you get pulled, moa’d and immobed it’s prob gg and once you go down you get punted back killed sieged and frog tea bagged on there’s no saving you m8

Native Maguuman

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Moa needs to be removed from wvw. That skill needs to be changed or split to work differently between game modes.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Moa needs to be removed from wvw. That skill needs to be changed or split to work differently between game modes.

I find it to be an honor to be moa’d.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

While there are ways to lessen pin snipe, if they added a option to hide your WvW rank, that along with tonics would go a long way.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I find it hilarious when I get targeted in zerg fights. But regardless, mesmers should be running more useful elites. Changes to the duration or cooldown times do not change the fact that the mechanics of the skill in its current form do not belong in a competitive game mode imo.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Streps.9784

Streps.9784

I don’t see dragon banners used much anymore. I can’t remember the last time I saw/heard the SMC airship.

So the players HAVE refrained from doing things so the game ends up being better for everyone.

Everything I listed IS in the players control. Just because Anet in incapable of fixing it doesn’t mean that the players should exploit it.

Also this is a game, not a war. This is meant to survive, to grow. Wars have an end. Keep doing the things that make the game not fun to play and the game will end also.

Your choice. Choose wisely.

clearly someone doesn’t fight YB much i cant remember the last fight i had that we didn’t get hit by a dragon banner or both turtle and centaur at the same time

in the end people are gonna play how people wanna play some guild groups pin snipe some don’t some use siege some don’t so don’t want to fight even numbers some want to fight out numbed the game mode is made by the players and by the commanders if a commander cant trust his group to be running a good set up then ofc he is gonna pin snipe or only blob if you want fair fights join a fight guild and be willing to learn if you want to blob go blob if you want to pin snipe do it. its all part of the game every game has its ups and downs not every day is a good day but not all are bad if your having a bad day go take a breather play another game or go pve just chill out and relax then come back in the end guild wars has its flaws but its still a fun game if a games is stressing you out your probably playing to much of it but then again its made by the players and maybe you enjoy that

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

This is nothing but bad players crying because they got wiped by a smaller group with a better strategy. Since this game came out, the bad players that like to blob it up have cried and cried, and made it harder for smaller groups. Crying for them to make changes so smaller groups have trouble wiping your skill-less blob isnt going to make you a better player ya know. You’ll still be bad either way, and still die to even numbers. All you’re doing is making the game less enjoyable for more skilled players which is the reason why the wvw population is dwindling in the first place. People asking for invulnerability for their blob leader because they cant press 1 without someone telling them too, haha. These zerglings, lol!

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I find it hilarious when I get targeted in zerg fights. But regardless, mesmers should be running more useful elites. Changes to the duration or cooldown times do not change the fact that the mechanics of the skill in its current form do not belong in a competitive game mode imo.

You’re referring to moa right? I hate that skill too. It carries bad players so hard. Was solo roaming yesterday and kept harassing this guild group of 3 people. Killed all 3 of them multiple times when they tried unsuccessfully to gank me and didnt learn their lesson the first time. They decide to bring 2 more mesmers and a venom thief with them, portal bomb me, and moa me 4 times while immob spamming me from venoms. And they were proud of that, that it took 6 people and 4 moas with venoms to take me down. I totally would have gotten away if it werent for the multiple moas. It sucks that you can clear condis in moa form, so you’re pretty much screwed if you get immob spammed as a moa.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

Anet, can you let give players the option to run anonymous in wvw to avoid this annoying tactic that is destroying the game mode. Driver sniping has gotten completely out of hand. Wvw is no longer zerg v zerg. It’s become zerg v driver. As soon a driver gets in range of the enemy, he gets corrupted, CC’ed, pulled, etc. by every one in range. So, what could have been a fun battle, turns into a commander getting killed and his zerg scatters and waits for him to run back. Basically no fun, and no bags, for anyone.

Wouldn’t it make much more sense for wvw players to run anonymous? By anonymous, I mean when you target an enemy player, instead of a detailed headshot and rank, you see no facial detail and a rankless label like “Maguuma Invader.” At least give us the option to toggle on or off what information we want displayed to the enemy.

Pin sniping is a legitimate tactic and it seems, from your suggestion, a very effective one. Commanders have squads to help them manage pin sniping and any guild or PUG zerg worth it’s salt will be able to press the assault in the absence of a Tag.

Get your chops down.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

pin sniping isn’t a legitimate anti zerg tool, since the other side can do it too (and will).
no aoe cap was the best we had.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Fay.2357

If by ‘anti-zerg’ you mean ‘anti-wvw because it crashes the servers’…then sure.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Heibi.4251

pin sniping isn’t a legitimate anti zerg tool, since the other side can do it too (and will).

I think you’re using the wrong term. You should have said “effective”. It is effective since many zergs lose focus and have no unity once the commander goes down.

And it is a legitimate tactic to help bring about victory. It can be and is effective in causing chaos in the zerg once they lose direction. A good zerg has more than one good commander who can take over reducing the effectiveness of the pin-sniping.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Removing the AoE cap on CCs like static field, line of warding etc was needed at the time when stab could be ripped through in less than 1s but I feel it’s time to revert that change.

People without stab should be caught by pushing behind those with stab not protected by them as they remove these AoE hazards due to the target cap.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Nimbl.8957

Nimbl.8957

this thread belongs on the cancer boards… come on.

and LOL at the Mag guy who thinks he needs 2-3 thieves to 1 shot a commander.

Anet, fix the moa invis bug and call it a day.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen someone complain about. If your Zerg can’t continue to fight after the commander good down then you deserve to lose.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Actually it only take 2 power ranger :}

power ranger hits arround 2-3k(i had some 4k crits in the past ) on heavys wiht 3.5k armor+protection, its isnt hard to pressure a commander down.

And sniping commandders it is all fine…. even onw wars getting the enemy comamnder could stop the enemy its a natural thing.

Range damage migh need to be reduced and aoe spam the same, so we can use skills on reset nights, lag is still way to much… when one side can use skills and the other dont, and our healing skills is on looooaaaadddiinnnngg…. wait for it wait for it…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

power ranger hits arround 2-3k(i had some 4k crits in the past ) on heavys wiht 3.5k armor+protection, its isnt hard to pressure a commander down.

And sniping commandders it is all fine…. even onw wars getting the enemy comamnder could stop the enemy its a natural thing.

Range damage migh need to be reduced and aoe spam the same, so we can use skills on reset nights, lag is still way to much… when one side can use skills and the other dont, and our healing skills is on looooaaaadddiinnnngg…. wait for it wait for it…

That’s kind of weak compared to a fully buffed lich hitting for 5-10k on auto-attack.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Dawdler.8521, that supper rare to find, i think ive only met 1 or 2 necros hitting that hard in the midle of some hammer rev spammers..everyone had alot of buffs ._.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Pin sniping is a legitimate tactic that should be encouraged rather than discouraged. Shame on commanders who can’t sort it out with their group of 30+. Take your dead kitten elsewhere.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

That’s kind of weak compared to a fully buffed lich hitting for 5-10k on auto-attack.

Can be more. If you really help that necro get stacked you can push those AA’s to more than 20k ;D