Straw poll thread

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

Curious to see what the forums say, I’ve seen one or two people make this remark but i’m not sure if other people share the same opinion in my straw poll

post other WvW based straw polls

http://www.strawpoll.me/12067752

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Undecided but leaning towards no.
HoT pretty much ruined WvW and they seem more concerned with making the next expansion than they are with fixing the problems they created.

The only way I’ll even consider buying it is if whatever new gear, specializations, etc. can be acquired 100% through WvW. I just can’t grind through any more terribad pve to stay up to date..... I just can’t....

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I would buy a expansion for gw1 or seriously ponder about it…. for gw2 i dont even reccomend it to play how the game is.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Expansion has to be really good if they want my money for it. If it is like HoT and the crap that came with it, i’ll spent my money on hookers and blackjack instead.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Offair.2563, offcourse it will be better, more power creep, more aoe, more condi, stronger anti-condi passives to counter the poor balance, it will be amaaaazziiing.

more pve with more damage and classes that are gimmickly designed to counter that so that every one must play the new armor tier… i ment class progression…

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

They only reason I would buy the next expansion is if it was on sale for a very good price.

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

It’s not a question of buying, it’s a question of playing. If you want to continue to play this broken gamemode and want to stay relevant and competitive you will have to buy the new xpac. But do you want to play, really?

Whatever features we get, they are likely to break wvw even more, just like HoT did. Remember DH LB 5? Remember bugged revenant 2? Remember OP banners and tactics? Remember broken balance? Remember how Oasis event used to lag out the entire map? Remember bugged invulnerable walls and line-of-sight? Remember that kittened waypoint system they introduced? Remember how you could bug your way into almost every DBL keep? Remember timed autoupgrades which you couldn’t influence? Remember, remember, remember? It’s actually amazing that we’ve survived HoT.

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Consider it? Sure. But I’m going to be a lot more discerning about buying in before the next expansion launches. I wound up coming back but I left when HoT launched. It just didn’t sit well with me at all for a variety of the reasons listed on these forums each day.

I love this game but I’m not about to ignore the things that annoy me either. I come back to play with friends.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Of course you’ll pay. WvW has been pay to win for years.

We pay to transfer to a higher tier.
We pay to get food/wrench we don’t have time to craft or grind for mats.
We pay to get gear that’s not found in WvW.
We pay for xpac to get new elite specializations.
We pay to transfer entire guilds to our server because we have a great pay to win community.
We pay to raise our guild level to get bonuses in WvW.

You’ll pay, because you’ve done it before.

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Offair.2563, offcourse it will be better, more power creep, more aoe, more condi, stronger anti-condi passives to counter the poor balance, it will be amaaaazziiing.

more pve with more damage and classes that are gimmickly designed to counter that so that every one must play the new armor tier… i ment class progression…

Condition damage increased with 50000%, 10 more types of CC, complete removal of stability, each class gets 100% stealth and block uptime and a new map you cannot even look further then 3meters at any time, any place.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

As of right now, No.

They’ve destroyed the fluid beauty of combat in this game with the last expansion, it’s auto boon vs auto condi wars now, can’t imagine how much more rekt’d it’ll get if they decide to introduce yet more elite specs/weapons/skills. They’re unwilling to make combat and balance a priority for the health of the game.

They’re obviously more focused on making pve and spvp better, so why would I bother paying them for not putting in as much care in the area I care the most about in wvw. Can’t even be bothered to do simple promotion for wvw to get new blood in there.

Repackaging guild stuff into a massive forced pve grind with the expansion still has a sour taste to me, makes you wonder what else would they repackage as such? I have a good feeling they’ll repackage wvw into that expansion, well my friend keeps telling me that anyways.

It’s been over a year and they still haven’t delivered everything that was suppose to come with the last expansion.

Only way I would consider the expansion is if it has some mind blowing wvw stuff in it, and would only look at that after release, not before, to see what they actually do (the guild wvw repackage was a surprise to me).

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Condition damage increased with 50000%, 10 more types of CC, complete removal of stability, each class gets 100% stealth and block uptime and a new map you cannot even look further then 3meters at any time, any place.

i would not admire if they did that and people would have to buy new expansion to have a trait that would make mobs do normal damage…. lol…

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Depends.

If they charged for the base game a second time NO!

If there was an expansion price for HOT owners and a 50% discount on expansion price for 4 year players? Maybe.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

No. Proven track record of dropping the ball and lashing out at customers when they question issues.

Dtox

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

As of right now, No.

They’ve destroyed the fluid beauty of combat in this game with the last expansion, it’s auto boon vs auto condi wars now, can’t imagine how much more rekt’d it’ll get if they decide to introduce yet more elite specs/weapons/skills. They’re unwilling to make combat and balance a priority for the health of the game.

They’re obviously more focused on making pve and spvp better, so why would I bother paying them for not putting in as much care in the area I care the most about in wvw. Can’t even be bothered to do simple promotion for wvw to get new blood in there.

Repackaging guild stuff into a massive forced pve grind with the expansion still has a sour taste to me, makes you wonder what else would they repackage as such? I have a good feeling they’ll repackage wvw into that expansion, well my friend keeps telling me that anyways.

It’s been over a year and they still haven’t delivered everything that was suppose to come with the last expansion.

Only way I would consider the expansion is if it has some mind blowing wvw stuff in it, and would only look at that after release, not before, to see what they actually do (the guild wvw repackage was a surprise to me).

I could deal with a lot of the HoT crap, but the way they kittened over small guilds I can never forgive.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I’m considering it for sure, but not for WvW. As far as I’m concerned it’s already gone, so I’ll just be pleasantly surprised if they add something to WvW I want to see. (Even fixing the balance would be a nice surprise.)

Straw poll thread

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

(Even fixing the balance would be a nice surprise.)

That’s the problem, with anet doing almost nothing for WvW, people are happy for even the smallest thing. This gives anet the excuse to do as little as possible to keep such players playing. I very rarely play now, once a week maybe for a couple hours. That is worth the price of the next expansion, which will be low on content just like HoT.