Stronger World Morale Motivation

in WvW

Posted by: Truth.5279

Truth.5279

Q:

Since megaserver implementation, at least for me, there is very little motivation to be involved in WvW. Any sense of dedication I had was drowned into a sea of seemingly endless unrelated players. Is there anything ArenaNet can do to resolve this sense of meaninglessness in the present state of WvW? Some way to band players together again in a concrete way? Victory does not feel like it used to.

in WvW

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

They should keep Megaserver off in main cities. Every map chat in Lion’s Arch feels like its filled with different people each time. :/

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

EOTM is currently killing WvW. All the pugs go there for exp and karma, so what is the motivation to do WvW with your server? Ever since EOTM was released, WvW has been population bleeding. Even in T1 there are times when you can’t get a fight, that is saying something.

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

You had to have a community to lose a community and if it was nothing more then a random bunch of folks ya shouted at in LA then that wasn’t much of a community. Do you have known WvW focused guilds? Do you have a server public website? Do you have scheduled events for people to rally around as a draw? Do you work public affairs and marketing to draw population to you server? Do you have specific people focused on maintaining retention of your WvW players through morale activities , competitions, random drawings and special fighting events? Is there any kind of commemorative activity on your server that gives people a reason to be together? What about celebrations? Things like the guild made 500 on the roster, guilds 2 years anniversary, celebrate a players world completion and share the fun with the server. Is there a public server teamspeak that is used to make bonds with the people in the game? Do you maintain a culture of respect and inclusion so that folks will want to come back into the game and spend time running with you?

Mega servers created another layer of anonymity. They reduced the feeling of us vs them. They do provide a opportunity for you to demonstrate the value of your server. To show through actions to others that you have a vibrant community. You as a individual have to build that community. It doesn’t spring into existence. It doesn’t happen by magic. It takes work. Sometimes things fail and you have to stir the creative bucket and try again. Don’t try to make it happen all by yourself. You have to sell community as a concept to server leadership and get their buy in. Then work daily to build the community.

Then you will have something worth fighting for. You are fighting in WvW to keep those people engaged and driven toward fun and victory. You are fighting in EOTM to give them opportunity for loot and fun times. You are fighting to give them memories because PPT and fights and trolling and ganking are easily forgotten but the community and the people and the time spent together are the value in the game.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

(edited by Phlogus.2371)

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Since megaserver implementation, at least for me, there is very little motivation to be involved in WvW. Any sense of dedication I had was drowned into a sea of seemingly endless unrelated players. Is there anything ArenaNet can do to resolve this sense of meaninglessness in the present state of WvW? Some way to band players together again in a concrete way? Victory does not feel like it used to.

I find this to be the opposite for me. I dislike pve even more now bcs of megaserver & cling even more to wvw bcs that is the only place that still has my original ‘community’.
If I’m in a city, I often turn off map chat & I don’t stay there long. It’s just a bunch of random strangers now everywhere I go. (at times, insulting each other/being rude which was rare for my server)
I paid rl money to move to the server I’m on now for it’s community. Now, that is gone, & it sucks hard.
I care less and less about the game now bcs of this.
Please anet, I beg you once again, can we have major cities (or at least just LA) be server based?!?!?!

Naz ©

in WvW

Posted by: Truth.5279

Truth.5279

I made a big mistake in my original post. I have since learned that WvW is still server based. I took a seven month GW2 hiatus, and so much had changed that I didn’t even recognize anyone. I apologize for that. I suppose the response that said that I had to have something worth fighting for before complaining about disinterest in WvW was an accurate assessment. Still it can be difficult to rally around my server because I don’t see these people in map chat or PVE play. Oh well, GW2 remains one of my all time favorites. Thanks for your responses, my fellow gamers.