Strongest roamer if played perfectly

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’d say either the ranger or the engi would be the strongest in a duo situation, while the shatter mesmer be the strongest in a solo situation.

D/D elementalist got slightly nerfed so it’s not as strong as the other builds you’ve mentioned for roaming.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

DnD cele ele still can kick some kitten. You just need much more knowledge about the profession(not like it wasnt one of the top 3 most difficult classes to master anyway)

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I don’t know what the player was playing (or if he was hacking) but I once played against a ranger who perma evaded (literally) 1v4.
If it’s legit, that’s probably the best roaming class/build.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Thief of course.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Duo roaming with an Ele isn’t so bad, nor is with 2 Eles in a trio – apart from if one of them is a noob. They can sustain and still output decent DPS, while the Thief can burst down targets quickly.

I find that Panic Strike and Trickery thanks to the Steal (interrupt, poison, Weakness, boon strip and mug), is a good combo.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

I don’t know what the player was playing (or if he was hacking) but I once played against a ranger who perma evaded (literally) 1v4.
If it’s legit, that’s probably the best roaming class/build.

its a build done with great timing

@OP
for solo
condi rangers are not great in wvw, much stronger in spvp. power ranger does a little better overall. tho i prefer running condi ranger if all i am doing is looking for fights and not taking objectives.
engis shine in spvp but in wvw were just kind of average. you really have to play it well to shine but certain classes can counter you rather easily without being that skilled. i main engi, and love it in wvw, alot of variety and allows me to adjust for the situation at hand rather easily.
mesmers get alot of love in wvw, youre useful across the board. they are also not an easy class to be really good at.
thiefs are strong too, across the entire game. high burst and stealth (too much stealth imo).
guardians are another strong class in wvw. i dont play one but i know they are loved.

for my personal experience i would say mesmer or engi is what you are looking for. both are strong classes but also require you to play smart.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Duo roaming with an Ele isn’t so bad nor is with 2 Eles in a group of 3 (apart from, if one of them is a noob), they can sustain and still output decent DPS – while the Thief can burst down targets quickly.

An engineer can output similar sustain to a D/D ele, just with less condition clears, but with a lot more direct damage and condition pressure from nade, elixir and tool kit (the usual kits to take for roaming).

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

For solo roaming and duels a condi survival ranger with a/d s/t is really, really hard to beat. So many evades, good protection uptime, good condi cleanse and the torch just got little buffs. Shatter mesmer with its insane bursts is also great for solo roaming, but facing heavy bunker condition specs can be a nightmare.

For group roaming it doesn’t really matter, as long as you have someone to cleanse the conditions and someone who deals the damage. Having group stealth is a nice bonus, too.

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Thief of course.

I’m curious as well, why no one has mentioned thief, probably the strongest solo roamer.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I personally think any class can be the best roamer, it is just a matter of how you play it, I do not think there is any " best class" instead it is a matter of " best class for how you choose to play".

Although they are going to make it very difficult for roamers if what we have heard about the expansion is correct and they are creating tower choke points that will prevent roamers from accessing the rest of the map unless they take the choke point, at that point RIP roamers, because the chokepoints should be well sieged and defended unless you are on an empty sever.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

oneply.9586

Thieves do awesome with small groups. you make your opponents nervous once you go stealth. not only do they have to attack your teammates but they have to worry about when you are going to pop out and shred their hp. they have some huge burst. a bearbow and thief could kill someone in a matter of a few seconds, regardless of class. plus you can stealth and rez your allies without them being able to stop you.

personally i think engi is mechanically the highest skill cap, if youre not good with hitting buttons youre not going to be good. (unless of course youre a macro turd). engi also has great synergy.

if youre planning on your wife being a bearbow, go with a thief or engi. i think they compliment each other well and the gameplay isnt mindless.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

As I see thieves they are the ultimate troll class in 1vs1 raming, but I can not imagine winnig 2vs2 or 2vs3 fights with me being a thief. If I kill someone with burst from stealth, I will stand there and watch as my friend and my wife get murdered horribly, remember I can’t run away from my group. Even if they can fight, they won’t take the game too seriously to learn how to be a good player, so we are already at a disadvantage.

@lil devils x.6071
What you said is true at average levels, but even is it sound arrogant to you, I am above average (if you are familiar with wildstar I had won in many1vs2,3,4 scenario in that action combat enviroment, not counting my wow and sw tor past.)A perfectly played engi will always beat a perfectly played guardian or warrior in a 1vs1 scenario. There are classes with higher skill caps and higher rewards. I’m looking for the highest skillcap/highest reward class. As I said I enjoy playing with all of them (aside from the nade engi).

It is not " arrogant" .. it is the reality of T1 LOL. GL taking a chokepoint roaming with 12 acs, 2 trebs, and 4 balis in your face. I solo T3 towers, and have 2 manned keeps. It is not about player skill when you are dealing with actual populated maps. What is arrogant is thinking you can can get past that roaming. The issue is if you cannot acces the rest of the map unless you take a specific chokepoint, they kill box the choke point and then they don’t worry about you going around because you cannot.

I come from Darkfall and EVE online , when I played wow and thought it to be a joke lol..

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Thief. P/d dire thief is one of the only builds that can handle heavily outnumbered situations well. Other builds like that are hard-countered by certain other meta specs. Dire thief is countered only by condi necro, but you rarely see those nowadays with all these rangers running around.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Thieves can not be defeated if they not mesh up and they do incridible damage and able to catch everybody

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

As I see thieves they are the ultimate troll class in 1vs1 raming, but I can not imagine winnig 2vs2 or 2vs3 fights with me being a thief. If I kill someone with burst from stealth, I will stand there and watch as my friend and my wife get murdered horribly, remember I can’t run away from my group. Even if they can fight, they won’t take the game too seriously to learn how to be a good player, so we are already at a disadvantage.

@lil devils x.6071
What you said is true at average levels, but even is it sound arrogant to you, I am above average (if you are familiar with wildstar I had won in many1vs2,3,4 scenario in that action combat enviroment, not counting my wow and sw tor past.)A perfectly played engi will always beat a perfectly played guardian or warrior in a 1vs1 scenario. There are classes with higher skill caps and higher rewards. I’m looking for the highest skillcap/highest reward class. As I said I enjoy playing with all of them (aside from the nade engi).

It is not " arrogant" .. it is the reality of T1 LOL. GL taking a chokepoint roaming with 12 acs, 2 trebs, and 4 balis in your face. I solo T3 towers, and have 2 manned keeps. It is not about player skill when you are dealing with actual populated maps. What is arrogant is thinking you can can get past that roaming.

I come from Darkfall and EVE online , when I played wow and thought it to be a joke lol..

Oh I was only talking about the " best class for how you choose to play" part. I know nothing of choke points, and only a beginner in WvW.

Yes, they have classes that counter each other, but when roaming you do not get to choose what you run in to, so it is best to go with what you can play well in a style you enjoy. Roaming in wvw you run into all classes, so I think focusing on what you do well is the best way to go about it. It is pointless to have someone play a class if they do not do it well. Engis do not do so well against condi-Necros.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Engineer hands down. Takes a lot of practice however.
Only class that would be a problem for an engineer EVERY kitten TIME is the necro.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Elementalist, Engineer, Ranger and Thief.

Mesmer, despite how strong it is in 1v1, tends to really feel the pressure when things go south. They might have stealth and teleports but they lack mobility and condition management. If played to their fullest potential they can certainly be a formidable opponent but we have to remember that this is WvW and not PvP where any one can add to the fight at any second.

Elementalist, Engineer, Ranger and Thief are all, in my opinion, the scariest professions to fight if played at a high level of skill. They all have high mobility, lots of ways to mitigate damage, manage conditions, high kiting potential, high damage potential and take a bit more practice to fully understand than some of the other professions.

It only makes sense to me that the “adventurer” professions, the medium weights, are good roamers. Ele simply squeezes in to the mix because it’s such a complex profession, much like the Engineer, that takes a lot of patience to learn and thus ends up spawning some very talented players.

As someone who has spent hours upon hours roaming as a S/T A/D trapper Ranger I can vouch for it’s viability. Although I by no means play it “to it’s fullest potential” I’m confident I understand it well and am at least an above average duelist. No where near an expert but it’s a very effective, very powerful roamer. Pair it with a Thief or an Engineer and it’s a mix you won’t want to mess with.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I personally think any class can be the best roamer, it is just a matter of how you play it, I do not think there is any " best class" instead it is a matter of " best class for how you choose to play".

Although they are going to make it very difficult for roamers if what we have heard about the expansion is correct and they are creating tower choke points that will prevent roamers from accessing the rest of the map unless they take the choke point, at that point RIP roamers, because the chokepoints should be well sieged and defended unless you are on an empty sever.

That’s assuming the choke point towers block the only path to the rest of the map, which would be an awful design decision (so judging by a-nets past decisions it is very possible they will do this).

@Op: I think you will be best off making several characters and figuring out which one meshes better with your team. I think when played correctly a condi ranger is kitten near unstoppable 1v1, a power ranger with the right build can move around and cap objectives quicker, and also kill people trying to run, but having a thief or mesmers easy access to group stealth might save your friends more often.

In this game individual skill is less important than comping your group to support each other.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Thief of course.

I’m curious as well, why no one has mentioned thief, probably the strongest solo roamer.

They generally don’t do well 1v1 against non-glass-cannons and they probably have the hardest time solo-ing camps/towers. They mostly shine when they can harass enemies that are already engaged against other players or NPCs.

my vote for strongest solo roamer would probably be Trapper Rangers right now

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Thief of course.

They generally don’t do well 1v1 against non-glass-cannons and they probably have the hardest time solo-ing camps/towers. They mostly shine when they can harass enemies that are already engaged against other players or NPCs.

Trapper rangers are extremely vulnerable to chain cc. The build has high burst potential but it isn’t very effective against good players.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Only Full Dire stealth condi thief has a chance when roaming in 1v4s or 2v5s effectively but when you get a larger group power thief is far more effective like 5v10 5 power thieves can cover the others with stealth easily and few people will be able to withstand 2 thieves bursting then rotating behind the other for a moment to heal. Shatter mesmer works well with thieves and rangers. thieves work well with ranger(s). it doesnt matter to heavily though because different specs take on different roles. Engi does have the highest skill cap but not necessarily the most powerful game play in WvW when outnumbered, it is a great solo class though just watch sir Koroshi. Also, i have no idea why no one ever mentions phantasm mesmers for 1v1s in WvW it plays much more defensive and sends out almost 2x the sustain damage of shatter mes with sacrificing the ability to instant kill low armor classes. It is worse vs thieves because they will stealth around so you cant cast phantasms and stealth off the clones you rely on for damage and survivabilty as well as you until you die but i does much better vs condis in a 1v1 senario.

@OP what class does your friend play ? and i would say that casual players like your friend are average in WvW unless you duel solo roamers etc.. you will have to learn to avoid people who know what they are doing regardless because they will always win vs you and your friend / wife. I suggest specs with decent mobility to run away from conflict with spam rangers. Necromancer, though not that high skill cap, is a very strong class unless your fighting a stupid 2k range ranger and can kill or force anything to run away in a 1v1. it is not as useful when outnumbered because it lacks mobility.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Thief of course.

Thief is the best class for soloing tower imo, it is very easy to hide and stealth away to solo the tower, otherwise you are easily found, and it deals great damage condis or power. Power thief permanently blinds the lord and melee pressures him. Condis survive by short condi burst then stealthing of 1/2 seconds to cleanse and regen a little before attacking and dodging away again.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in WvW

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Who said thieves can’t fight outnumbered? Lol.

3 v 15.

Not from my PoV. I’m the other thief in the video. The guy playing his thief in the video is learning it. Only has like 70 hours or so on it, I believe and we (the guild) are working with him on key binds and stuff. He’s practicing.

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

Trapper rangers are extremely vulnerable to chain cc.

More so than other classes?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

medi guard rolls over most builds because of its blocks, blinds, and heals

[SA]

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Absolutely. Trap rangers have to sacrifice their stun breaks. Even with the trapper runes to provide stealth a trapper ranger will always die to an equally skilled player in a 1v1 fight.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Of those listed I would say Engi offers the best option because its offers the best group support of them. D/D Ele would also be a good cohice but with the Might nerf it doesn’t have quite as much potential to overcome win odds defying fights as they did before.
However you will get wiped and have to respawn fairly often with both.

However if you were to go either Power D/P or Dire P/D Thief some of those fights you lost as an Engi you could either Stealth escape or even win solo and proceed to res your fallen comrades. This will likely result in more deaths for you friend and wife overall though since you will be much harder to target for opponents.

My 2 cents

in WvW

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

condi ele is the strongest when played right

Broski

in WvW

oneply.9586

@OP what class does your friend play ? and i would say that casual players like your friend are average in WvW unless you duel solo roamers etc.. you will have to learn to avoid people who know what they are doing regardless because they will always win vs you and your friend / wife. I suggest specs with decent mobility to run away from conflict with spam rangers. Necromancer, though not that high skill cap, is a very strong class unless your fighting a stupid 2k range ranger and can kill or force anything to run away in a 1v1. it is not as useful when outnumbered because it lacks mobility.

He’s leveling a guardian.

And again, thanks for everyone who help me, I take everything you say into consideration.

so the plan is your wife a bearbow
your friend a guardian
and you are the optional?

do you know if your friend is a support or dps style player? that may influence opinions, especially if he is going to play a support role.

engi and ele are both complex to play, and very strong, they provide support and high burst.
and i would think that a thief would compliment those 2 as well.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

Absolutely. Trap rangers have to sacrifice their stun breaks. Even with the trapper runes to provide stealth a trapper ranger will always die to an equally skilled player in a 1v1 fight.

lots of other builds don’t carry stun breaks either.

I don’t think that this criticism is wrong, I just don’t see how it’s specific to Trapper Rangers.

as for your claim that they “always” lose against equally skilled opponent .. that’s nonsense.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t think that this criticism is wrong, I just don’t see how it’s specific to Trapper Rangers.

as for your claim that they “always” lose against equally skilled opponent .. that’s nonsense.

You’re right, I should have said they will always lose to a good player. It is entirely possible a bad player that is running trap ranger can run into another equally bad player that they are able to kill.

LGN

in WvW

oneply.9586

Bunker/Support (or if I ask him, he will play anything really lol)
I’m leaning toward the thief now, with my ranger as an alt.

thief is a good/great choice, but i wouldnt bother with the ranger. if youre a good player youre going to get bored with it. i think you would have more fun as an engi or ele alt, plus both of those take more skill and game knowledge.

a good way to get a feel for how the class will be at 80 is also to go into the pvp lobby and head east and play against the NPCs there (not the golems). all your skills are unlocked right away unlike if you go to wvw. i wish i had done it cause i wouldnt have wasted my time with my warrior and probably wouldnt have bothered with my ranger either.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

really depends.

trapper VS thief with daze on steal – thief gonna die from condies

trapper VS stunlock warrior – trapper ded, really ded

trapper VS terrormancer – can go both ways, usually necro wins.

trapper VS CC engi builds – trapper ded

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

The thing is, when I said sw/to ax/da ranger, I was thinking something like Gladomers build, and not the trapper.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNMQRAnY8fjEqUzaLL+rQ1aABhaVA0uGu3Ww9QcDfdFrkC-TRiAABJ8AA6Z/hE1PAwBB4U1f44IAIpSwKOBAip8LAACwMLzysMDO6RP6RP6RbmzcmzcmzsUAwMNC-e

That’s the common condi survival build, yes. Usable in PvP and WvW, with slight variations. The rune choice on Gladomer’s build is questionable but each to his own I guess.

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I don’t know about “always” but I would certainly agree about it being vulnerable to CC. I’ve found in my many hours roaming as a melee trapper Ranger that my worst nightmare is being immobilized. If a Warrior lands a Pin Down on me, Ranger lands Entangle, Necromancer lands Dark Pact, etc. it’s pretty much GG because trapper relies heavily on evasion. I might be as slippery as the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy but if you manage to land some CC on me or immobilize me I melt like butter. That’s why I try not to get too spammy with my evades so I have them when I need them.

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Primarily because professions like Warrior, Guardian, Necromancer, Elementalist, etc. have a lot of ways to mitigate damage via high toughness, health, Death Shroud in the case of Necromancer, invulnerabiltiy/teleports in the case of Ele (Lightning Flash/Vapor Form), etc. trapper relies on evasion to mitigate their damage. If they have Troll Unguent active while they are CC’d and/or immobilized they might survive. If not, they are likely dead because they don’t have the health to deal with it, no stun breaks to escape it and no active condition cleanse to clear the immobilization. You basically have to pray you have the health/toughness to survive or in the case of immob, pray Empathetic Bond proc’s before you melt.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

The thing is, when I said sw/to ax/da ranger, I was thinking something like Gladomers build, and not the trapper.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNMQRAnY8fjEqUzaLL+rQ1aABhaVA0uGu3Ww9QcDfdFrkC-TRiAABJ8AA6Z/hE1PAwBB4U1f44IAIpSwKOBAip8LAACwMLzysMDO6RP6RP6RbmzcmzcmzsUAwMNC-e

That’s the common condi survival build, yes. Usable in PvP and WvW, with slight variations. The rune choice on Gladomer’s build is questionable but each to his own I guess.

Yup, I prefer krait runes for how well they work with entangle. Also when I’m roaming and not just dueling I usually swap to healing spring, sharpening stone to guard and switch SotF for natures voice. I find the perma speed boost for me and/or my party keeps us alive a lot longer than a couple more condi cleanses while roaming.

LGN

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t know about “always” but I would certainly agree about it being vulnerable to CC. I’ve found in my many hours roaming as a melee trapper Ranger that my worst nightmare is being immobilized. If a Warrior lands a Pin Down on me, Ranger lands Entangle, Necromancer lands Dark Pact, etc. it’s pretty much GG because trapper relies heavily on evasion. I might be as slippery as the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy but if you manage to land some CC on me or immobilize me I melt like butter. That’s why I try not to get too spammy with my evades so I have them when I need them.

I’m not arguing that you can’t outplay other people while using the build.

Most of the players you run across aren’t very good. That’s why you see so many people running super cheesy builds like PU mesmer and condi thief, in the hopes that the build will carry them.

Heck on the last ranger I leveled I started looking for 1v1’s when I was around lvl 40ish and I killed dozens of players before I finished him off.

I just firmly believe that the best roaming builds are the ones that are as versatile as possible. There isn’t a perfect build for every situation but having no active stun break or condi clear leaves a ranger with 2 very big weaknesses for others to exploit.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

Thief and mesmer make a great roaming duo. They both are very mobile and slippery so you can stick and survive together well without delays.

If you run as a thief and an engineer for example you’d end up having to wait around to rez the engineer whenever you get ouplayed or mowed over by a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Thief is really strong for roaming due to the amount of stealth the class has but I wouldn’t recommend it for your party comp.

Anyone who roams with thief is heavily focused when thief stealths up, your wife and friend would find this rather difficult to deal with. Group stealth is awesome but you can get some (tho not as much as thief can provide) with engi. I think engi would be the best for your party, as they have great dmg mitigation, group support and still are able to put a lot of pressure on the enemy.

Also any party that can dish out direct dmg and condi dmg is big pain for their enemies. Ele would be fine too, to some extent.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

oneply.9586 “thief is a good/great choice, but i wouldnt bother with the ranger. if youre a good player youre going to get bored with.”

I think this opinion is a result of majority rangers playing lb, which is boring to play. Melee ranger gameplay (doesn’t have to be condi tank) is fun, too bad I always rage over me being such a noob with ranger (got only like 35-40 hours on him) so I run back to thief/guard after eating the dirt few times.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

If your buddy is going to be a support guardian I’d say go with condition necro. They make up for everything the necro is missing. And if you’re solo running around on a condi necro is the hardest roaming build with the most potential if you learn to play really well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hm--IZqqEs8

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Oh and trap Rangers are horrible

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

If you want to survive basically forever just pick the right fights. If you only engage when having the same numbers or more or having terrain advantage the changes are you won’t lose. Also if you see you are losing don’t hesitate in reset the fight. Grenade+toolkit +elixir S normally is good enough for fights and gives you a good escape with stealth, blocks and imune.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

oneply.9586

so uh what did you go with OP?

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

If your two roaming buddies are terrible it won’t matter much how good you are, the enemy is just going to constantly rally off your wife’s bearbow ranger. I’d focus on finding easy and survivable builds for them to use (stealth trapper ranger, P/D condi thief, etc.) and then coming up with a build that complements theirs. Running a full-stealth team is extremely effective and easy to roam with. One player on venomshare P/D, one on stealth-trapper ranger, and you playing power thief w/ panic strike and sleight of hand.

Between panic strike and shared devourer + basi venom, you’ll be able to lock down targets easily. The combination of high power and high condi damage will hurt a lot. And your wife’s newness to the game won’t really hurt you guys, because she’ll be passively stealthing everytime she drops a trap (and a ranger specced with condi gear is fairly tanky as is).

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Thanks for everyone, you are great and I love you all

I tried the thief but it was more about timing than using the right skill at the right situation, so I left him in his 30s, but with a lot of you suggesting him, I will give it another try later.
Now I’m leveling an engineer and an elementalist at the same time. I like the elementalist better at the moment, but will try both of them at lvl80 in real roaming situations to decide.
Also when I am to help my wife or my friends I occasionally come in to play with ranger, so he will be lvl80 anyway, but after the elementalist/engi gameplay he feels a bit slow.
Necro is out, I don’t like it, it seems too easy and not having as great potential as the others.
I also tried the mesmer, but the greatsword seems to be mandatory and I hate every skill on that weapon . Also not as exciting as the eng/elem.
The problem with my elementalist is that I loose any chance to get mass invi which I could get from my eng/thi/mes. I hope the bigger survivability and 1vsX potential will make up for it.
The invisibility trap ranger for the wife sounds great, this way we can minimize the pressure on her. The 2 thief combo with her a stealth ranger is a great idea, the more I think about it the more I love it.

Thank you all for the quality input! I learnt a lot just from reading them.

frost trap is the only trap, that thus far, does not give you revealed when it triggers.

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

If your buddy is going to be a support guardian I’d say go with condition necro. They make up for everything the necro is missing. And if you’re solo running around on a condi necro is the hardest roaming build with the most potential if you learn to play really well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hm--IZqqEs8

Neither of you has mobility. If you find a fight you cannot win you won’t be able to run away.
Just saying, necro/guard is a very good combo, but it requires the guard to play a very specific build and use skills right when needed. Stability is a must, as well as swiftness (guard doesnt have ms signet and necro needs all 3 utilities for other stuff) so the guard’s best bet is running shouts. On the other hand, sometimes removing a necro’s condis can be bad for him, for example if he’s about to heal or transfer the condis.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Lack of mobility is not a huge deal aslong as the whole group sucks at mobility. However once one or more in the party is quicker then the rest, the party is doomed to fail

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Lack of mobility is not a huge deal aslong as the whole group sucks at mobility. However once one or more in the party is quicker then the rest, the party is doomed to fail

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Centaur
plus
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Black_Quaggan_Tonic

perma-aoe-swiftness

The Ghost of Christmas Past