Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think you should make WvW require lvl 80 to enter. I am sick of lvl 3s or similar low lvls who dont even have all equipment slots filled, no traits and not all skills unlocked. They waste slots on the maps, especially when the queues are hours long already and turn fights to the worse. If one of them dies several enemies will get up again.

If you cant make WvW lvl 80 only, at least remove upscaling for people who have at least one lvl 80 already to punish exp leeches.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

No.

Guild Wars 2 WvWvW should be accessible for all types of people. I want a wide player base, not just some elitistic people.

I have myself four level 80 characters and even my lowest level character has elite skill and gear up to her level. My main of course has full exotic/ascended gear. Still I have accepted even level 2 guardian to my team.

Several times when I have arrived to our borderlands it has been almost empty. Me and few upleveled characters. Enemy controlling the entire map. And I belong to an inactive guild. Should I just rage quit? No. I put on my commander tag and usually 1-2 hours later we control big part of the map. Even the low level PuGs are useful. Their stats are not as bad as you might think. Anybody can carry at least 10 supplies, build and use siege. And when you have some people following you, more people will follow you instead of leaving the map. When you manage to capture couple of towers and supplies camps, people see that next you can take the keep. And so on. Positive things keep on piling.

You should be more worried of those AFK people who are taking the valuable slots. Or people who just sit inside their towers and keeps and don’t actually fight.

Never underestimate the power of PuGs. Good skill and coordination wins over gear and levels. I much rather have an upleveled PuG with green gear, who follows my commands, than a full exotic level 80 who just sits.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

I am a commander on my server and I tell people to not rezz people sub lvl 80 and kick them from my groups.
Its wrong that low lvls can win with good coordination. A same skillful and geared lvl 80 can easily beat 3 of them at once.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Naw that would just be dumb.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

If you were commanding on my server I would tell everyone to ignore you as a troll and refuse to rezz you.

Denying players WvW because they aren’t level 80 is foolish when your stats get increased.
Actually if you knew anything about wvw you would know a level 1 who is near a guild wvw buff gets a higher bonus than a normal player, my level 1 elementalist had 2x a level 80 elementalists health because +40 vit and 10% Health bonus is much higher when you are at a low level.

The higher you go the less those buffs benefit you.Also I didn’t realise siege and supply running is really effected by your level.

At best a level 10 requirement for wvw is needed.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Wierd when I am commanding I often have ~50 people following me. If you want to have success you need to take a cut somewhere. Noone needs players who make it easier for opponents to get out of downed state again.
I rather play with less players than with free rezzes for opponents. Ideally an upscaled player might be useful, most arent because they just want to leech their way to lvl 80 thought. Upscaling system punishes players who dont wear equipment for their lvl.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

I think you should make WvW require lvl 80 to enter. I am sick of lvl 3s or similar low lvls who dont even have all equipment slots filled, no traits and not all skills unlocked. They waste slots on the maps, especially when the queues are hours long already and turn fights to the worse. If one of them dies several enemies will get up again.

No. You make it sound like only your side has upleveled players. I might come as a shock but your enemy has them too.
Also if you want every fight to start on equal footing you should try playing chess instead.

edit. granted , upscaling could use some polishing.

All is vain.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

What… is this serious….I don’t even…

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Respawn.6802

Respawn.6802

If I can’t bring my alt’s to level up in WvW then I’m not bringing in my mains. Never done a dungeon and only PvE to level 11.

GW2 only has WvW to interest me: PvE is lifeless (this game and most others) and s/tPvP is too small scale and pointless for a high ping SEA player like me.

After taking a couple characters to 80 in WvW I can make my low levels achieve more than some 80’s I see hitting sentries when the commander is trying to be sneaky, taking supplies from an upgrading keep or lulzing around a keep when it has swords and not checking if the enemy has set up 5 rams at the gate.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I run into some pretty low levels that are better than alot of 80s I run into. Sure it doesn’t help statistically, but I don’t think they should be excluded.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

This is a video if a lvl 15 ranger 1v1 bunch of other classes (this was before the buff to the pets).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhMCbzc2m10

My buddie took his nerco in wvw around lvl 40 and could tank 3-4 people for a considerable amount of time.

LVL don’t mean much, player skill is where it’s at, play the way you want.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Its not a good idea to compare good low lvls against bad max lvls. You would have to compare about equally skilled players to get an idea.
Alternatively we could removed downed mode in WvW. It would fix a lot of issues upscaled players add to WvW.
Zerg play and dueling are two completly different things too. Cant compare them either.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Its not a good idea to compare good low lvls against bad max lvls. You would have to compare about equally skilled players to get an idea.
Alternatively we could removed downed mode in WvW. It would fix a lot of issues upscaled players add to WvW.

It is a good idea to compare good low levels, because you will be excluding them from playing.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

In a multiplayer game, first people we should exclude are people who want to exclude others.

Gate of Madness

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

It is a good idea to compare good low levels, because you will be excluding them from playing.

How am I excluding them from playing? Most people who leech exp in wvw are people who got several 80s already. If they want to play wvw they should come with their 80s or stay away from my zerg. They choose to selfishly cripple the zerg to gain wvw and save money on crafting or time for other ways of leveling.
I wouldnt complain if they dont have an 80, but most of them do have several.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

lol

.~.~

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

How am I excluding them from playing? Most people who leech exp in wvw are people who got several 80s already. If they want to play wvw they should come with their 80s or stay away from my zerg. They choose to selfishly cripple the zerg to gain wvw and save money on crafting or time for other ways of leveling.
I wouldnt complain if they dont have an 80, but most of them do have several.

A GOOD commander will be able to use also upscalled/not so skilled players. It seems to me that You are simply not a good commander.
I play only my level 80 charas in wvw, but that’s cause I made this decision. Also, I will group up with upleveled players and rez them.

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would not oppose the upleveled to getting all the skills and gear available for a level 80 when in WvW.

Outright preventing a non-80 from entering I disagree with.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

i can agree on the upleveled if and only if you will agree on takeing out all thoes easy zerger builds thats full exotics and 80 that just dies in seconeds and also brings the free rally and all the other free rally builds there is there

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

So you want everyone to be forced to pve before entering wvws?
lol, you do realise how clueless they (& you are) would be as to what is going on?

Lowbies can do just as well, whether it is tying up the green arrow chasers, flipping camps or scouting just as easily as anyone else.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

So,
You want more forced PvEing?

I was under the impression the WvW community wanted less PvE in their game.

Dragonbrand

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

if you are correctly geared you can have even more survibality than a lvl 80.

a lvl 35 with lvl 35 MW armor and weapons that go for +vit +thg have more vit and armor than a lvl 80 in exotics with soldier because you also have points going to +pwr.

a lvl 80 can bring more variety of builds, but a low lvl with the right gear/stats can bring some powerfull builds to the table.

Maguuma

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

if you are correctly geared you can have even more survibality than a lvl 80.

a lvl 35 with lvl 35 MW armor and weapons that go for +vit +thg have more vit and armor than a lvl 80 in exotics with soldier because you also have points going to +pwr.

a lvl 80 can bring more variety of builds, but a low lvl with the right gear/stats can bring some powerfull builds to the table.

So who is correctly geared? Almost noone buys best equipment for their lvl while leveling. I often see lvl 60s in WvW who still use blue armor around lvl 20

Its the minority of the upscaled players who always buy suitable equipment for every slot at their lvl.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Lvl 80 which hurt wvw, remove lvl 80 from wvw please……

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Bad idea. Lowbies AKA Badge dispensers make wvw fun.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

Is it PC to be a levelist?

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Solution to a problem is never to stop people from playing. Need to find different solutions.

IMO the only problem with upscaling is the green arrow, which acts as a big bright flashing “target me” sign.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I am a commander on my server and I tell people to not rezz people sub lvl 80 and kick them from my groups.

Exhibit A on why commander tags shouldn’t be obtained with gold.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Its wrong that low lvls can win with good coordination. A same skillful and geared lvl 80 can easily beat 3 of them at once.

I have a feeling you do not Command very often, if at all.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I level all my char to 80 in WvW and have fun. If I cannot do leveling in WvW anymore, it’s probablly gg for me. Leveling in pve is just a repeating/boring task. I don’t believe I am the only one doing this. :P

Uplevel is not supposed to dps in WvW, it’s about cc and support. Even more, if you are getting used to the character, you can use it as a bait. Often enemy invaders see you as an upleveled char and chase you like crazy. You just need to lure them to your buddies and gank them with greater numbers. Talking about lack of stretagy, this is one for you. :P

The most important thing is, since you have been playing the char from low level all the way to 80, you’d become good at it and know the pros and cons of this character and will likely to help when you play against it.

Also, WvW has become more like siege war. So, they can play siege to stay away from danger and help. They can do things that lv 80 players don’t priortize to do such as rez, repair, and build.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

I always tell new players to reach at least level 30 so that they understand their profession, have an elite and at least a few traits and a full set of armor before they participate in Wv3, but that it’s okay to try it out and see what it’s like before then if there is no queue. A new elementalist, for example, can provide water fields, AOE heals, and carry supply.

On the flip side of that, someone who has multiple level 80 characters and thinks it’s okay to leech (i.e.: benefits from the better work ethic of others) in order to gain XP on one of their lower-than-level 60 alts/mules should be excommunicated from their server’s community (hyperbole!). ;p

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

(edited by Aneirin Cadwall.9126)

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

If WvW were designed to be competitive, then yeah. It’s basically just a join-in-do-whatever game mode though.

If you want standardized gear and levels in PvP, play sPvP or wait until GvG comes out. WvW is and will never be what you want it to be.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

All of you commanders that are saying Sub-Level 80 people shouldnt be allowed in WvW are extremely idiotic. Have you not learned of what numbers can do? Damage is damage, if they do this, soon people will be complaining about level 80s not in full exotic and ascended gear shouldnt be here. No wvw is suppose to be a fun expierience, if you want to be an elitist, full on always winning and rage when you lose one supply camp kitten go find some eSports game to play, we dont want you in wvw. Numbers make a bigger impression them numbers, if you get a Zerg of 50 all low levels, you can still do major work on a map and other zergs. Again damage is damage, it all adds up in the end. Not to mention some people despise PvE and like to level up through wvw and only farm a few hours each week for gold (like me). IF you’re a commander saying low levels cant be of any use to wvw, please learn to command. Numbers are a bigger impression then you could ever believe, and if you stack accordingly and stay tight no way will the enemy ever know they are all up-leveled and would probably rather choose to disengage then fight a large group they dont know the numbers or levels to.

Isle Of Janthir

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Sub level 80s don’t hurt WvWvW, selfish players hurt WvWvW. I have several geared 80s but I enjoy playing my level 30 Mesmer at the moment. I do my share of maintaining structures, building and operating siege, running yaks, scouting and dropping ports rather than running with the blob and I don’t need to be anywhere near level 80 to do that.

Whispers with meat.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

If you cant make WvW lvl 80 only, at least remove upscaling for people who have at least one lvl 80 already to punish exp leeches.

Low levels can still scout, look out duty, run supply, man siege or CC for the high levels. I prefer < 80’s being active and participating in this way compared to the numerous max level characters I see standing around afk….

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

If this guy was on my server I’d log in my level 4 alt and follow him around all day. Well, okay, no I wouldn’t, no real desire to hang around jerks, even to mess up their thang.

On the rare occasion I’ve heard something like this from a commander, I add them to my mental list of icons to ignore. Funny saying individual skill doesn’t matter in a zerg too, I think that guy playing the level 15 ranger and stomping full 80s (before the pet buff) would be an asset to any zerg.

Where’s the thread asking for a gear-check feature for commanders? That will be next, no doubt. Since a level 80 in greens or berzerker gear is as squishy (or squishier, says my engineer who at one point had 33k HP as an uplevel….) as an upleveled character, you’ll need that too.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

One of my favorite experiences in WvW was inviting a brand-new player (he had just reached level 4 on a necro, his first char) to my group and showing him the ropes. I helped him stay up, understand some fun things to do, gave him an idea of how to approach WvW, and gave him a little gold to get started. He had an absolute blast. I would rather spend my time in WvW with players like that, than elitists like the OP who want WvW to be competitive. Let’s be honest, numbers and coverage win WvW, not individual player skill. Your job is just to have fun and try to get objective (camps, towers, keeps) that really mean nothing in the end when the top server just outnumbers everyone everywhere and steamrolls the entire map.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin.4058

Merlin.4058

So…, I’m just trying to figure out what OP hates. Does he hate;

1) Low Level Characters in WvW
2) Low Skilled Players in WvW
3) Getting up after a kill or assist in WvW
4) All of the above

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Low levels can still scout, look out duty, run supply, man siege or CC for the high levels. I prefer < 80’s being active and participating in this way compared to the numerous max level characters I see standing around afk….

They can scout yes, but in a zerg they are a disadvantage, especially if your zerg is already smaller than the vizunah zerg you need every advantage you can get (like a small upscaled percentage)
Manning siege? Sure but I rather have someone man them who skilled the siege in question. Especially golems are a big disadavantage with twinks in them. On my server only people with heavy armor and maxed equipment are allowed to man them.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Just because you have a commander icon and you have a 50 man zerg following you, just mean you’re a good commander with “followers”. WvW is setup the way it is so that people that don’t want the endless quest grind have alternatives to level up. YOU may not like it that way, but you continue to play so therefore you’ve already accepted it as being okay. Plus, sPVP is the “lvl 80” pvp in the game anyways, hence when you’re automatically lvl 80 in there…period.

If you want extra slots for WvW, ask Anet to move JP’s outta WvW and make them their own “maps”. I guarantee you, that by removing those JP’s you’ll free up all the extra slots for WvW you’ll ever want or need. Bad players are bad players regardless of their level.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

I doubt it, there are rarely more than 5 people in the JP for extended periods of time.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

This is why wvw should share skills/abilities etc with pvp, not pve

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

well, Malediktus... thanks for my morning LOL. if that’s the way "your server" is... i’m glad i’m not on it. and i pity those who are.

play for fun, dude... fun.

on a related note. any and all on ET (trolls excluded) are welcome to run under my tag. i made half my levels on my guard in WvW, i’ll be DARNED if i’ll deny that fun to someone else

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Be better if they just remove rally from the downed system in WvW, this way low levels wouldn’t be as big a risk to have along.

Ultimately low levels do not need to be a hindrance, if the people playing them use half a clue. When I leveled up I made sure I played a defensive spec, ran with large groups so my limitations could be mitigated, and I rarely died before most of the zerg. I focused on CC, utility and support which were not as impacted by my low stats, making it much more effective then if I had gone damage.

~ AoN ~

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

I leveled my main in wvw from 16 and up on my guardian. leveling my mesmer from about the same and is now 48. i can tell you for a fact that uplevels can be better than most lvl 80s are. At lvl 32, my guard could stand toe to toe with GC thiefs and live. Most of the time they would give up and walk away or throw me a party invite and get shocked at my level.

My mesmer around 42 at the time helped save a tower from being over run by pulling players off the ramp before they got to the lord where my team was outnumbered 3:1.

Malediktus, you must be 1 of the worse commanders i saw post in the forums. ill take an uplevel over you or people like you anyday even if it means i may need to kill a guy more than once.

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

The most I’ve done in pve is lvl 14 or so personal storyline. I don’t pve. Some day I will, till then, it’s WvW. Whatever level my character I’m playing at the time is…He or she is in the best gear I can equip them in. I do my fair share…and I do the crap that nobody else wants to do too. Like pass the time walking yaks…..running supply to fix walls and doors…..standing watch on walls…which those last three don’t really help me gain levels, but I know I’m still helping out by letting the “elite” 80s get their fun.

And there is plenty of true 80s dying to us low levels too, hehe.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

well, Malediktus… thanks for my morning LOL. if that’s the way “your server” is… i’m glad i’m not on it. and i pity those who are.

play for fun, dude… fun.

on a related note. any and all on ET (trolls excluded) are welcome to run under my tag. i made half my levels on my guard in WvW, i’ll be DARNED if i’ll deny that fun to someone else

big difference, your server is ranked last, ours is tier 1 in europe. If people are like that on your server its no wonder it is where it is.

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

The only purpose this topic serves is that there needs to be some serious quality control implemented on who gets to wear a commander tag in wubwub.

I don’t want someone like OP on my server, let alone sapping away valuable bodies with their blue dorito.

Disciple of Quag

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

well, Malediktus… thanks for my morning LOL. if that’s the way “your server” is… i’m glad i’m not on it. and i pity those who are.

play for fun, dude… fun.

big difference, your server is ranked last, ours is tier 1 in europe. If people are like that on your server its no wonder it is where it is.

It’s t1 EU because of numbers and coverage, and unless you’re french or german, you’re going to drop due to the exodus a while ago

Sub lvl 80s hurt WvW

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

and ya know what? you can have your high-stress high-pressure hour-long (or more) que commander-handovers 100v100v100 man zergs. that doesn’t sound like fun to me, or i’d move there.

i’ll take my last-tier, being able to log in and go straight to WvW with no wait any time of day or night and have some FUN. i was dancing with HoDs this morning near their Garrison’s water gate... for giggles.

maybe in a few days i’ll take it from them again. that was fun the other day.

and yes, i had uplevels with me when i painted thier BL red.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET