Subscription Fee?

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

We all know Anets income is by game and gem sales. How would you feel paying a fee if the resources were used to fix things?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I would not play this game if there was a subscription fee.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.6148

Boom.6148

i’d play something else

Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

No. No. No.

I spend more than my fair share in the gem store. If you add a sub fee, I stop playing. Period.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I will quit if there were a sub fee

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No. I am not in favor of a fee.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

I’m officially boycotting the gem store for this specific reason. They are not addressing the much needed fixes. I’ll prob get infracted again for posting, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

This game is too bad to have a subscription fee. It isn’t updated enough, glitches stay in the game for years, and Anet does their own thing. I’d go to d3 if the yadded a sub fee.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

A sub fee to fix things? Most games that have sub fees still don’t get things fixed quickly, right, or sometimes both(or never). It never works out how you’d truly like it to, so no throwing money at something…not my favorite idea.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

It will never happen at this stage of the game, but would I pay $### a year to ANet to fix the bugs? focus more on the core of the game than gem store living story? upgrade their servers to reduce WvW lag? ban hackers? add new dungeons and stuff? Improve the rewards? Fix TP and gold inflation? Don’t apply RNG to everything in game? delete the gem store completely? Improve PvP and WvW and PvE rather than spending 6 months on feature patch? yes I would happily pay a sub fee.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

It will never happen at this stage of the game, but would I pay $### a year to ANet to fix the bugs? focus more on the core of the game than gem store living story? upgrade their servers to reduce WvW lag? ban hackers? add new dungeons and stuff? Improve the rewards? Fix TP and gold inflation? Don’t apply RNG to everything in game? delete the gem store completely? Improve PvP and WvW and PvE rather than spending 6 months on feature patch? yes I would happily pay a sub fee.

TY, you actually understood the premises of the question.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

free to play games make more money than sub based i dont mind spending 10 euros now and then for the game but being forced to pay will make me stop playing

action combat made mmos better lol

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

it would be stolen to pay for pve content. so count me out.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I would have paid subscription fee for this game had it started that way.

(I’d have saved a whopping amount of money if I had.)

Perhaps there would have been better design decisions implemented as a result of a different business model.

At the moment, I do not trust the developer. I’ve been waiting to be “delighted” by the content / quality for over a year, and even if the April 15th patch delivers good upgrades, the past design decisions, lack of care for the overall customer experience, rigid clinging to analytic process and the condescending attitude that has been repeatedly displayed lost any loyalty I might have had.

I won’t sign up for anything long term regarding GW2. I don’t feel that ANet has earned it.

Would I pay to have ANet fix the game?

I already have.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i’ll play Aura Kingdom if one day ANET choose to put subs fee on GW2…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

The idea that a sub fee = they fix the bugs immidiatly has been proven false in every sub game.

ESO and WOW = monthly fee so they can use that money to fund a cash shop that you pay more for.

EQ, DAoC, and the other older MMOs with a sub = monthly fee used so they can fund making an expansion that you pay more for.

In all cases.. the sub fee is less value then the gem shop games… GW2 is about the best value you can get for your money. Yes it has issues I want fixed… but the alternatives are just so much worse.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

The gem store offers nothing to enhance game play. It’s all aesthetic useless stuff except for currency conversion.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Athera.4506

Athera.4506

Ill pay a sub fee if it means no RNG lol. But in all seriousness, if they went to monthly sub fees i would have no issue at all given they provide all gemstore items in game. I spend more on gems a month then a sub fee. But i cant stand games that charge a sub but still have a cash shop. Whole reason i quit swtor, all new content is cash shop while basic sub fee provides nothing but basic game. Hence im happy to support Anet with gemshop purchases.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

I’m going to give it til the patch on the 18th. If nothing is done as usual, I’m moving on.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I really dont mind to pay a monthly fee to a game as long some stuff happens:

- Bug fixing.
- Dealing with cheaters and hackers.
- Showing love to ALL game modes, including WvW.

All of these arent happening with Anet so if they add a monthly fee and this kitten still going on, i would simply not paying for it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Subscription Fee?

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

No.

Nononononono.

One – Piken Square