Sugestion: Account bound rewards for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Acordeon.7134

Acordeon.7134

Rewards such as 1% wxp for comming on first place in a matchup, 1% gold or karma and such would be a great adition. In a year or so they wouldnt get more than 20% of a certain boost so it wouldnt be overpowered, would be a good incentive to make people do wvw more and keep the old players active.
Just saying… its not really a power creep and it would make playing with alts in wvw more rewarding and easier to level (wxp ranks) thus making them account bound useless. This would get rid of zerging too in the long run, if i get 200 wxp for killing a player that roams or 10 xp from 20 ppl that just died in a blobwar i would choose the 200 one.
Plus it would be really cool to have more wxp from yaks aswell, since ive heard they value alot of the points at the end of a week. Again: sending a omniblob to kill yaks would not be effective; however it will encourage small group play.
It would also get rid of the skill lag if people know they get similar to more stuff if they go ninja.
Example: server A wins 6 weeks, Server B 3 and server C 2 weeks. A would have 6% wxp boost, 2% karma and gold. B would have 3% wxp, 1% karma and gold. C wouls only have 2% wxp.
Theese are minor changes but would encourage small play in Bls. Monochromatic ones especially. I know that after 1 week i get account bound permanent reward,im helpful to my server, thosr PvE guys would give a hand too for that extra karma and gold.
In order to get the account bound reward you must like kill 25 yaks, 20 sentries,capture 10 camps with a group under 10 people and spend 300 supply. Obviously theese numbers can and SHOULD be adjusted. This will be the condition to get the buff. Of course this will sinergisen well with the new wvw achivs.
You got ’till haloween Devon

in WvW

Posted by: OliT.7945

OliT.7945

Not a bad idea actually. The only problem is that with the current random-ish matchups, servers caught in a badly losing matchup would have a lot to complain about on the forums (EG the current Elona/FSP/Gandara matchup).

Tomadar/Tomagar
Elementalist for Repel Time [ETA]
Always happy to accept gold donations.

in WvW

Posted by: Acordeon.7134

Acordeon.7134

Well hopefully matchups will stabilise before this is implemented, RIGHT DEVS?