Sugg- No EU players in US WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

and vice versa.

I know this might not be popular for some players who like to have their US server stacked with EU players running the night shift, but I would like suggest that players from both EU and US remain limited to pve zones and eotm only if they want to play with their buddies across the pond.

For those that oppose I say this…

You can still play with your friends, but you can’t rig the competitive system in your favor by stacking EU guilds and buddies to do all your dirty work.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

hm, it still does not solve the issue with OCX/SEA players. Or for example problem with Spanish server Baruch Bay which gets players from Spanish speaking South American countries.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Cos geographical restrictions almost never work out well for people who implement them….

Hardly need to be a technical whizz to surpass them either (cough) VPN (cough).

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Make GW great again no aliens builds a wall! About right?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Ok it’s an early morning post for me, maybe after coffee would have been better.

Ok, so, we are limited to tinkering with the scoring system correct?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Sorry man. I’ve been in EU for three years now. Aside from the fact that it’s a completely different game in EU, I don’t play traditional NA hours, so for me at least, your concern is not valid. And I know I’m not alone.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

Or for example problem with Spanish server Baruch Bay which gets players from Spanish speaking South American countries.

No, it doesn’t.

in WvW

Silberfederling.9302

Its curious that the solution for a problem has to be excluding people. Instead of waiting how the nightcap solution from anet looks like noooooo let’s suggest isolation. Really calm your kittens. Vote. Wait. And do your self a favor and think about areas other that good NA and filthy EU tinkerers. What about the aussies? Are they also scum? Brits that enjoy playing with people that are competent in speaking the same language beyond: get gud y u mad lma boi. Or students of the english language that use this as a help or training. I wonder what is with South Afrika? New Zealand? I am pretty sure they do not exist just to be your personal blight. Nor is it their intention to wreak havok on the precious scoring system.

in WvW

Silberfederling.9302

Or for example problem with Spanish server Baruch Bay which gets players from Spanish speaking South American countries.

No, it doesn’t.

Oh i thought so as well. My bad thanks for clearing that up.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

No, it doesn’t.

Fine, I will rephrase:

“Problem with Spanish speaking players around the world who only get to choose 1 single Spanish server, and that happens to be in EU”

in WvW

gitflap.9031

3% of BB is non Spanish…not worth complaining about IMO.

in WvW

gitflap.9031

And I mean not from Spain…in case there’s any confusion.

in WvW

gitflap.9031

As for the OPs point, it works the other way too. Some EU servers have NA or OCX guilds/players to do their nightcapping.

I can’t see a solution to this…best just suck it up or play something else.

(edited by gitflap.9031)

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

I would like to check that number, as it is very accurate. Where is it published?

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

No. EU people should play on servers they want to play on and NA players should play on what servers they want. Your game play is not more important than another players. In addition, I am really sick and tired of hearing everyone complain about night capping. WvW = WAR in real war it goes on night and day with no regards to the number the other side has or whether or not they are sleeping. The world doesn’t stop moving just because you’re asleep. Nightcapping is something I consider a challenge that needs to be overcome by tactics and game play. Same as if it were real war and my opponent were doing things while I slept.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

gitflap.9031

I would like to check that number, as it is very accurate. Where is it published?

It isn’t published. Been on BB for over 2 years and I’m telling you. I know many people would rather think of Baruch as talentless nightcappers rather than give them any credit, but the whole Mexican Nightcappers thing is a myth. You can beleive me, and why on earth would I bother lying about it, or you can choose not to.

How I estimated 3%…well, BB has a big TS takeup, always, and the vast majority of the little flags are Spainsh. And I’ve played late at night and early in the morning. What confuses people, and I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, is Spanish culture – the tendency to eat dinner late and stay up late. BB primetime starts and ends around 2 hours after other EU primetimes. Hence the impression people have that they nightcap. They do a bit, but accidentaly, not actively like on some other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

It may course more problems than it solves but Maine we can do some find a linking between US and Europe servers so all matches have similar numbers during both prime times . there is off ping problem but there could be moment were same way as switching overflow you go from us servers to EU ones depending of time

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

It isn’t published. Been on BB for over 2 years and I’m telling you.

ok, I have not been in BB and I do not speak Spanish so I will just explain why people consider many BB players to be from other timezones. See if you can spot the flaw in logic.

From wiki:

Hispanic America (the region comprising the Spanish-speaking nations in the Americas) has total population of 376 million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_America

Spain has population of 46 million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain

So, we can say that on average 8 times more Spanish speaking people live in the countries from Americas.

Now we assume on average people from Spain and from Americas like GW2 equally. We also assume Spanish speaking people will mostly play GW2 with Spanish language setting, and they most likely want to join Spanish WvW server.

The 8 times more people in Americas is very much different number from 3% you claim. Even if we consider players from Americas may play in NA servers, or play in other EU servers, or use English settings. I am willing to lower the numbers from 8:1 to 1:1 but it would still mean about 50% of BB is from those countries in Americas.

And I am not even considering Spanish speaking players from US. Or other countries around the world.

I am not saying I am right and this is correct, I just look at the numbers. Where you think I made mistake and it turns out to be 3% instead?

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

[Thank you for the feedback and discussion. This thread is now closed.]