Suggestion- 3 Faction Experiment

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

With having spent the majority of playtime in tier 1 I can safely say that most times of day or night have plenty of room on maps. It’s very few and far between that there are queues honestly, so I can’t imagine the other servers being much different. What this, and the need for linking, indicates is that the overall wvw population is still pretty low and unbalanced so this problem is not going away with all these different match ups.

Players don’t care so much about “winning”, it’s more about the balance of players on the map and having more even “good” fights. I’ve brought this up before, but I think it’s time to take stronger steps to balance populations by experimenting with factions then running a vote AFTER testing for a period of time… I’m thinking at this point it’s easier to accomplish so just put more maps in play. Divide out the servers into 3 sides. Adjust individual servers weekly as needed to balance faster. Reevaluate things after a trial period.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Lol can’t you just bump one of your old threads? You make this same suggestion once a week in brands new threads.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I’m not bumping my own threads hidden multiple pages down.

This suggestion is asking for a trial period which is different than saying “just change it” as I have said before.

I will keep bringing suggestions as long as these problems exist.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I disagree with your premise that players don’t care about winning. Bandwagons happen for a lot of reasons and ‘winning’ is certainly among them.

But, no, I don’t want factions and I don’t want Anet spending valuable developer time on it.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

-Snip-

… it’s more about the balance of players on the map and having more even “good” fights. I’ve brought this up before, but I think it’s time to take stronger steps to balance populations by experimenting with factions then running a vote AFTER testing for a period of time… I’m thinking at this point it’s easier to accomplish so just put more maps in play. Divide out the servers into 3 sides. Adjust individual servers weekly as needed to balance faster. Reevaluate things after a trial period.

With half the servers being absorbed via the linking anyway, I’m guessing “Server Pride” for these poor souls has started to take a backseat in the scheme of things. (“Backseat” as in the last row of seats on a bus with 30 rows of seats …especially in Tier 4 NA!)

Even though I’m from a host server, on an importance scale – I put having good/even fights at the top of my list. (And w/o over-stacked blob lag!)

So I’m down for trying something like you’re proposing, Swagger.

Anet,

Please at least consider bringing it to a vote for a possible TRIAL implementation, like Swagger said.

Kitten, guys, we’ve had two votes to add more siege related items into WvW on a trial basis… cuz you know that’s what WvW needs – more siege! /sarcasm off.

Btw, thanks for your tenacity regarding this subject, Swagger.

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

-Snip-

… it’s more about the balance of players on the map and having more even “good” fights. I’ve brought this up before, but I think it’s time to take stronger steps to balance populations by experimenting with factions then running a vote AFTER testing for a period of time… I’m thinking at this point it’s easier to accomplish so just put more maps in play. Divide out the servers into 3 sides. Adjust individual servers weekly as needed to balance faster. Reevaluate things after a trial period.

With half the servers being absorbed via the linking anyway, I’m guessing “Server Pride” for these poor souls has started to take a backseat in the scheme of things. (“Backseat” as in the last row of seats on a bus with 30 rows of seats …especially in Tier 4 NA!)

Even though I’m from a host server, on an importance scale – I put having good/even fights at the top of my list. (And w/o over-stacked blob lag!)

So I’m down for trying something like you’re proposing, Swagger.

Anet,

Please at least consider bringing it to a vote for a possible TRIAL implementation, like Swagger said.

Kitten, guys, we’ve had two votes to add more siege related items into WvW on a trial basis… cuz you know that’s what WvW needs – more siege! /sarcasm off.

Btw, thanks for your tenacity regarding this subject, Swagger.

Thank you for the kind words and support for this amazing idea!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Experiment has been ongoing since 2013.

Results inconclusive.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

The main problem here are bandwagoners migrating back and forth between servers and imbalancing the population that way, I can only assume Anet never addresses this due to the amount of money they get with all the $$$ in gems and transfers.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

The main problem here are bandwagoners migrating back and forth between servers and imbalancing the population that way, I can only assume Anet never addresses this due to the amount of money they get with all the $$$ in gems and transfers.

Which would still happen if they replaced servers with factions.
This idea doesn’t fix anything, it just drives away people that play for server loyalty, and people that don’t enjoy the blobs.

LGN

in WvW

Swagger.1459

This idea doesn’t fix anything, it just drives away people that play for server loyalty, and people that don’t enjoy the blobs.

Umm they could relink individual servers within the factions to reach a better state of balance and lock all server transfers for periods of time to current players…

Edit- And you can still organize groups and run with peeps in your servers so it changes nothing. Also, individual server is less significant than the overall health and state of wvw.

If you haven’t noticed there were issues with the individual server vs server model, and there are issues with server linkings as well. Also, I’m feeling pretty positive there are way more people who don’t care about your “server pride” considering the devs stated populations shift over time…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Umm they could relink individual servers within the factions to reach a better state of balance and lock all server transfers for periods of time to current players…

Edit- And you can still organize groups and run with peeps in your servers so it changes nothing. Also, individual server is less significant than the overall health and state of wvw.

If you haven’t noticed there were issues with the individual server vs server model, and there are issues with server linkings as well. Also, I’m feeling pretty positive there are way more people who don’t care about your “server pride” considering the devs stated populations shift over time…

So alienate the people that still do care about it and then lock the factions so the game completely stagnates. Yup that won’t get old real fast.

LGN

in WvW

Swagger.1459

So alienate the people that still do care about it and then lock the factions so the game completely stagnates. Yup that won’t get old real fast.

So you care more about whatever individual server you are on as opposed to the overall wellbeing of wvw?

Server linking is already mixing up players and populations increased as a result, so why do you think that is?

What prevents you from forming teams with players on your server to accomplish goals on the map?

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Yep. That’ll kill WvW real quick. People I’ve spoken to already said they’d leave if it came to any kind of “factions” idea. If we wanted that kitten, we’d go to EotM.

The further we move away from original WvW, the worse things get.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No harm in trying, at this point if we’re willing to accept more siege and other nonsense that I feel is truly not needed then why the heck not. Worst case scenario, it sucks for a week, we survived Golem week (kind of) so I think after that failure we can survive just about anything.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yep. That’ll kill WvW real quick. People I’ve spoken to already said they’d leave if it came to any kind of “factions” idea. If we wanted that kitten, we’d go to EotM.

The further we move away from original WvW, the worse things get.

The “original wvw” failed to be a balanced and thriving rvr model…

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

No harm in trying, at this point if we’re willing to accept more siege and other nonsense that I feel is truly not needed then why the heck not. Worst case scenario, it sucks for a week, we survived Golem week (kind of) so I think after that failure we can survive just about anything.

It already has been tried, it’s called eotm. It failed drastically. It is boycotted by the majority of the WvW playerbase and used as a karma train by pve players.

There would be plenty of harm in trying to test this in real WvW because it isn’t as simple as flipping a switch. How many months would it take to implement this in the game? That’s time taken away from things that would actually help like a decent balance patch so the game is actually fun to play again.

LGN

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

It already has been tried, it’s called eotm. It failed drastically. It is boycotted by the majority of the WvW playerbase and used as a karma train by pve players.

There would be plenty of harm in trying to test this in real WvW because it isn’t as simple as flipping a switch. How many months would it take to implement this in the game? That’s time taken away from things that would actually help like a decent balance patch so the game is actually fun to play again.

No there really wouldn’t at this point. All this crap we’re voting for lately could potentially do more damage. So why not, might as well go balls to the wall with lawl features.

I don’t think it should be set up quite like EotM though, you are right about that being terrible. Keeps servers and allow colors to server hop/guest. So green could go to any green, blue to any blue, red to any red. If you have queues you can hop to a different matchup, who knows it might even help out that T4 kitten show.

Do it for a week, who knows it might be refreshing to have some variety, just make it so players of X server get priority in Queues over guests. Combine the scores of each color or don’t combine them. In all honesty I could careless what they do with all these new polls, it’s quite evident Anet’s blind to the real issues. So as long as our guild can get some good fights, that’s the only real “fun” left.

imo of course.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

No there really wouldn’t at this point. All this crap we’re voting for lately could potentially do more damage. So why not, might as well go balls to the wall with lawl features.

I don’t think it should be set up quite like EotM though, you are right about that being terrible. Keeps servers and allow colors to server hop/guest. So green could go to any green, blue to any blue, red to any red. If you have queues you can hop to a different matchup, who knows it might even help out that T4 kitten show.

Do it for a week, who knows it might be refreshing to have some variety, just make it so players of X server get priority in Queues over guests. Combine the scores of each color or don’t combine them. In all honesty I could careless what they do with all these new polls, it’s quite evident Anet’s blind to the real issues. So as long as our guild can get some good fights, that’s the only real “fun” left.

imo of course.

Now that is something I’d be down for trying out. That’s a much better suggestion than the suggestion to force everyone into 1 stale blobby match up.

LGN

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

imo of course.

Now that is something I’d be down for trying out. That’s a much better suggestion than the suggestion to force everyone into 1 stale blobby match up.

It’s been suggested in the past so I don’t it would ever happen, but I don’t think it would be all that bad. It could also help make up for the deficiencies in Glicko, again the variety, and Queues (though not really an issue) would never be a problem. Of course they would need to keep the 4 tier system instead of 8, 8 would be to much and spread everyone to thin. Colors are random now (correct me if I’m wrong) so you would have new allies/enemies every week. I know our guild would bounce around looking for fights, hopping down to T4 could be fun depending on who else was bouncing around.

Also if it was ever an option, don’t over complicate it, just keep it simple.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

imo of course.

But what happens to your server pride in this scenario of mixed up server hoppers?….

What happens when your home server maps are empty because they are fighting somewhere else?

So if the majority of your server is in another server then that kills the 3 way war scenario for opponents and takes away 33% of potential fights…

You can’t see how this freedom to choose can potentially lead to taking advantage of the system and leads to way unbalanced matches?

RvR is player driven and dependent so you need players on maps with closer to equal numbers for this mode to stay afloat. The individual and linking models have failed on many levels, and too much freedom leads back to what we had and still have. It’s far more logical to pool the overall low wvw population together and balance “things” for 3 sides and 1 match up.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Well, with your proposal server pride will be dead so that doesn’t matter. If scores are combined ie: all four green servers points go to one pool, you will want to ensure all 4 Green match ups are not dormant. And lastly that 33% of potential fights could be found somewhere else if you really want them.

Throwing everybody into one giant blobby match up sounds excruciating and not in the least bit fun, at least if you had separate matches and allowed colors to assist one another you’re not locked in to the blob fest that only T1 seems to enjoy.

I’m all for trying something new as far as match ups go, my fear is with your purposal we’ll get a poll and those that do not want that type of WvW will be forced into it. I think my proposal gives the bast of both worlds, if you want blobby epic siege infested battle you can guest on over to T1, if you want to find 20-30 man fights without worrying about the omni blob you can go to a different Tier, and lastly if you just want some small skirmishes you can jump around until you find a quieter match up.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Yeah A-Net should do this!

If their goal is to kill WvW this will ensure it happens much faster.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

I can just picture it now…

ANet decides to Merge all servers into 3 Alliances while keeping BG separate.

Imagine BG vs 3 Alliances

The Future of WvW that we know it’s headed for.

There’s a better alternative solution that’s Player Driven…yet…ANet controlled…imho

Enjoy,
Diku

Possible Better Long Term Solution – Google Search – wvg world vs globes

NA WvW – Could be 1 world vs 23 globes…in case you’re thinking about it.

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

imo of course.

But what happens to your server pride in this scenario of mixed up server hoppers?….

What happens when your home server maps are empty because they are fighting somewhere else?

So if the majority of your server is in another server then that kills the 3 way war scenario for opponents and takes away 33% of potential fights…

You can’t see how this freedom to choose can potentially lead to taking advantage of the system and leads to way unbalanced matches?

RvR is player driven and dependent so you need players on maps with closer to equal numbers for this mode to stay afloat. The individual and linking models have failed on many levels, and too much freedom leads back to what we had and still have. It’s far more logical to pool the overall low wvw population together and balance “things” for 3 sides and 1 match up.

variety is more important than balance. The only reason I’m still playing is because I have multiple accounts and I am not stuck in 1 stale match up for weeks on end.

LGN

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Well, with your proposal server pride will be dead so that doesn’t matter. If scores are combined ie: all four green servers points go to one pool, you will want to ensure all 4 Green match ups are not dormant. And lastly that 33% of potential fights could be found somewhere else if you really want them.

Throwing everybody into one giant blobby match up sounds excruciating and not in the least bit fun, at least if you had separate matches and allowed colors to assist one another you’re not locked in to the blob fest that only T1 seems to enjoy.

I’m all for trying something new as far as match ups go, my fear is with your purposal we’ll get a poll and those that do not want that type of WvW will be forced into it. I think my proposal gives the bast of both worlds, if you want blobby epic siege infested battle you can guest on over to T1, if you want to find 20-30 man fights without worrying about the omni blob you can go to a different Tier, and lastly if you just want some small skirmishes you can jump around until you find a quieter match up.

I wasn’t the one concerned with server pride, that was one anti faction excuse by jim hunter.

My suggestion is to have 1 realm with more maps into play, and that’s a cleaner way to do it instead of server 1 – 4 EB, ABL, DBL.

These are RvRvR maps designed primarily to host mass combat gameplay. If players want 20-30 vs 20-30 vs 20-30 then go to OS. If players want quiet small skirmishes then go to spvp…

in WvW

Swagger.1459

imo of course.

variety is more important than balance. The only reason I’m still playing is because I have multiple accounts and I am not stuck in 1 stale match up for weeks on end.

No, variety is not more important than balance. Goes to show how little you understand what makes rvr gameplay tick with that comment.

Welp, there goes your server pride excuse out the window…

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Game is currently too unbalanced for “good fights”. Current state comes down to who has more of the top 3 meta builds for Guard, Necro, and Revenant. Throw in a Mesmer or two and an elementalist to clear siege…done.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

imo of course.

No, variety is not more important than balance. Goes to show how little you understand what makes rvr gameplay tick with that comment.

I never said server pride was my reason for playing. There are plenty of people who do play for that reason though. I don’t ignore something just because it doesn’t affect me personally. That’s part of your problem, you only think about what you enjoy rather than how it would affect the community.

And yes variety is more important than balance because it keeps people playing more often. Look at any matchup that had been locked for months, the population of all 3 sides dwindles because they are tired of the same opponents and they know how the match will turn out.

Any time you switch the servers up and people have new opponents a bunch of people that took a break start playing again. There are enough people interested in wvw to queue every server in 4 tiers. We saw that when they did the server pairings. But the staleness of glicko locked fights drove people away out of boredom.

LGN

in WvW

Swagger.1459

imo of course.

I never said server pride was my reason for playing. There are plenty of people who do play for that reason though. I don’t ignore something just because it doesn’t affect me personally. That’s part of your problem, you only think about what you enjoy rather than how it would affect the community.

And yes variety is more important than balance because it keeps people playing more often. Look at any matchup that had been locked for months, the population of all 3 sides dwindles because they are tired of the same opponents and they know how the match will turn out.

Any time you switch the servers up and people have new opponents a bunch of people that took a break start playing again. There are enough people interested in wvw to queue every server in 4 tiers. We saw that when they did the server pairings. But the staleness of glicko locked fights drove people away out of boredom.

“This idea doesn’t fix anything, it just drives away people that play for server loyalty”… So you oppose the 3 faction idea that pools players from servers and used the above in quotes as one counter point, but yet you support and idea of mass scale server hopping and mixing of players…

More balanced populations must be first or all else fails. Nobody gives a hoot about “variety” when they are outnumbered… Lack of “variety” doesn’t cause people to log in frustration, its getting blown out. “Variety” won’t change the fact that your side is down 50-100k and facing twice your numbers…

Honestly, you don’t seem to have a deeper understanding of rvr gameplay, what state wvw is in and what we have to work with…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

“This idea doesn’t fix anything, it just drives away people that play for server loyalty”… So you oppose the 3 faction idea that pools players from servers and used the above in quotes as one counter point, but yet you support and idea of mass scale server hopping and mixing of players…

Being able to tier hop at will for fun and variety doesn’t forcefully separate anyone from their servers. There are players that love defending their home bl, they take pride in it, they still get to do this.

More balanced populations must be first or all else fails. Nobody gives a hoot about “variety” when they are outnumbered… Lack of “variety” doesn’t cause people to log in frustration, its getting blown out. “Variety” won’t change the fact that your side is down 50-100k and facing twice your numbers…

Honestly, you don’t seem to have a deeper understanding of rvr gameplay, what state wvw is in and what we have to work with…

You don’t have a deeper understanding of human nature. If people get bored of something they find something else to do.
My main account is on Mag, we are down about 60k right now, and we all knew how the week would turn out since we lack sea coverage, but this week is the most active the server has been since the last time we rolled up to T2 about a month ago. No one cares about winning PPT wars when we are having fun fighting new people.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Sorry – there are no factions in GW2 and it doesn’t follow lore. Now if we were in Cantha, that would be different.

The OP makes no sense, other than pushing Tier 1 to be even more unrepresentative of the other servers in this game.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Being able to tier hop at will for fun and variety doesn’t forcefully separate anyone from their servers. There are players that love defending their home bl, they take pride in it, they still get to do this.

you don’t lose the ability to run with server peeps in the faction model I suggested so your point is moot

You don’t have a deeper understanding of human nature. If people get bored of something they find something else to do.
My main account is on Mag, we are down about 60k right now, and we all knew how the week would turn out since we lack sea coverage, but this week is the most active the server has been since the last time we rolled up to T2 about a month ago. No one cares about winning PPT wars when we are having fun fighting new people.

having balanced populations was and is the devs number one priority for logical reasons, it’s not “ways to increase variety” at the top of the list…

Bolded.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Sorry – there are no factions in GW2 and it doesn’t follow lore. Now if we were in Cantha, that would be different.

The OP makes no sense, other than pushing Tier 1 to be even more unrepresentative of the other servers in this game.

Well that lore breaking eotm seems to not have all the issues that wvw can’t shake off…

I’m looking at wvw as a whole.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

you don’t lose the ability to run with server peeps in the faction model I suggested so your point is moot

*having balanced populations was and is the devs number one priority for logical reasons, it’s not “ways to increase variety” at the top of the list…

Bolded.

That has nothing to do with…… anything being argued here.

LGN

in WvW

Swagger.1459

*having balanced populations was and is the devs number one priority for logical reasons, it’s not “ways to increase variety” at the top of the list…

Bolded.

Sure it does… You brought up server loyalty in your counter argument against the idea, or did you forget to read the quote from you…

With all due respect, I can’t carry a discussion with someone who doesn’t follow the conversation and intentionally deflects.

Have a good day or evening and thanks for the feedback!

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Bolded.

Sure it does… You brought up server loyalty in your counter argument against the idea, or did you forget to read the quote from you…

With all due respect, I can’t carry a discussion with someone who doesn’t follow the conversation and intentionally deflects.

Have a good day or evening and thanks for the feedback!

The players that care about server loyalty care about having “their home” to defend and fight for. Being able to run together in eotm 2.0 isn’t the same thing….. so no, it doesn’t have anything to do with my arguments.

LGN

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I wasn’t the one concerned with server pride, that was one anti faction excuse by jim hunter.

My suggestion is to have 1 realm with more maps into play, and that’s a cleaner way to do it instead of server 1 – 4 EB, ABL, DBL.

These are RvRvR maps designed primarily to host mass combat gameplay. If players want 20-30 vs 20-30 vs 20-30 then go to OS. If players want quiet small skirmishes then go to spvp…

This is incorrect, as stated by Anet way back in the beginning, the WvW maps are there to cater to all forms of play, whether it be zergs, guild groups, or roaming to solo. This mentality that they are only there for large blobby battles needs to go away because it’s not even close to the intent. You can play however you like but you should expect others are playing differently and if you happen to get steam rolled by a blob because of it … welcome to WvW. Having the separate tier match ups would allow for more variety, not only in enemy but also in play style, and yes you could still be steam rolled by a zerg. The idea is to have healthy match ups AND fun, not everyone has fun in the same manner so I see nothing wrong with trying to achieve the goal of catering to everyone’s enjoyment.

If your worried about 4 matches spreading things to thin, then maybe Anet should open their eyes and do a proper (<< keyword) merge or linking to balance out populations. I have several accounts, I can say that every tier except T4 which is due to a stupid linking is healthy at the current moment. Those large epic blob fights would spread through all tiers if they don’t want to lose. All it will take is for one blob to say, lets go hit T4 tonight and the enemy blobs would follow to ensure they don’t lose their precious PPT.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I’m not saying your Idea is wrong, I just think keeping players in their separate tiers would go over better than just mashing us all together even if you did have more maps. Personally I would like to stay where I am, if I felt like defending my true server home BL I could decide if I felt that was more important then jumping to xyz tier and helping there. I could also say, “you know, I’m kind of sick of fighting X server, I hear they have some good guilds running up in Y Tier, I think I’ll go there and check that out tonight”. Or maybe its a slow night for the guild and we only have a few members on so now we decide to go to another tier where we have heard all the good roamers run and do that for the evening.

Maybe people get greative and start game wide events, maybe one of the T1 commanders gets together with the other 3 tiers and says, on X date we are going to run the largest offensive this game has ever seen across all Tiers.

The possibilities are endless.

The biggest road block for either idea is Anet and their greed, they would see a decline in gems sales for transfers, but, I would imagine they have already seen this decline when the “Fight Guilds” left the game because they were the ones jumping around the most. It seems Anet will always choose wealth over the health of the WvW game mode.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You want factions; go to EOTM. Every single week you come up with this silly idea and every single week the same people tell you why its a bad idea.

I admire your persistance but please, theres a time you have to stop.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

You want factions; go to EOTM. Every single week you come up with this silly idea and every single week the same people tell you why its a bad idea.

There are continuous issues with the old and linking models. Every page you will find complaints. Linking isobviously not working out to be the best option so we need to be able to experiment.

This suggestion is for a trail period with more maps in play to see how well it works, then can be voted out if need be.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Well that lore breaking eotm seems to not have all the issues that wvw can’t shake off…

Wait EotM doesn’t have the unbalanced matches now? When did they change that? From my admittedly limited play time in that mode the only issue that it doesn’t have is off hours scoring.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Wait EotM doesn’t have the unbalanced matches now? When did they change that? From my admittedly limited play time in that mode the only issue that it doesn’t have is off hours scoring.

Let’s talk about the suggestion…

“Put more maps in play.

Divide out the servers into 3 sides.

Adjust individual servers weekly as needed to balance faster.

Reevaluate things after a trial period."

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Anet won’t pull that trigger just yet. The only source of income from wvw is transferring servers. Unless you do the gold for gem idea, but I really don’t think anet would be that stupid to go 3 faction just yet. They are milking the cow till ole wvw Betsey tanks.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

“Put more maps in play.

Put more maps in play – why? It seems to me that most WvW players like to zerg so more maps means less scouts to cover things which will just lead to more PvD karma trainaroonie.

Divide out the servers into 3 sides – We have this already and it doesn’t work because players game the system. For reasons that escape me players want to stack for easy wins instead of good fights.

Adjust individual servers weekly as needed to balance faster – If you mean forcibly moving players or guilds how do you think that’s going to go over with the player base? People already complain that they can’t join their friends on over stacked servers, imagine the kitten storm when Joe zergling gets moved from his friends.

I’m of the opinion that a majority of the problems with WvW stem from the player base itself and there is little to nothing Anet can do about it that wouldn’t cause a mass exodus. In fact it seems like since WvW has gotten more attention that things are actually more unstable.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Thank you for the suggestion. So far 25 of the posts are from just two people, interesting.

I am by nature not a fan of blob vs blob wvw. If you can fit into your suggestion a way for people to play in very small teams I would be interested in seeing how it works out.

Thank you.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Swagger.1459

“Put more maps in play.

Put more maps in play – why? It seems to me that most WvW players like to zerg so more maps means less scouts to cover things which will just lead to more PvD karma trainaroonie.

because in an 8v8v8 scenario you would need more than 4 maps in play.

Divide out the servers into 3 sides – We have this already and it doesn’t work because players game the system. For reasons that escape me players want to stack for easy wins instead of good fights.

eotm works better comparatively

Adjust individual servers weekly as needed to balance faster – If you mean forcibly moving players or guilds how do you think that’s going to go over with the player base? People already complain that they can’t join their friends on over stacked servers, imagine the kitten storm when Joe zergling gets moved from his friends.

this current version of linking is messier long term because it’s ever changing. It would be easier to balance for 3 sides as opposed to 4 different changing 2 month match ups. More of the population would reach a state of settlement after a period of time because you are not shuffling all servers on a mass scale, you are limiting it to fewer individual server relinkings. You can also relink more frequently to reach a better state of balance faster

I’m of the opinion that a majority of the problems with WvW stem from the player base itself and there is little to nothing Anet can do about it that wouldn’t cause a mass exodus. In fact it seems like since WvW has gotten more attention that things are actually more unstable.

Well there are too many match ups and not enough players. Closing servers in not an option because this population problem is only a wvw problem. Anet needs to up their game to be competitive before the predecessor to DAoC hits the market. If any of you think wvw is unbalanced now, just wait until the pure pvp game with 3 factions, no queues, a diverse amount of characters and roles that are built for pvp, a custom built engine that can handle up to 500 players duking it out in a small area… hits the scene and guilds from here start bailing out by the truckload to get their pvp fix elsewhere

Bolded

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I haven’t read the full thread, so apologies if this has been pointed out already:
Anet can already link worlds. More than 2 worlds at a time if they wish ( if i remember correctly).

This idea would be as simple as: 3 host worlds, every other world linked to one of those 3. or 6 hosts with regional divide..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This idea would be as simple as: 3 host worlds, every other world linked to one of those 3. or 6 hosts with regional divide..

And thats why I dislike complicated 3 page suggestions.

Yes, it really is that simple. With this in place, we could can easily do perpetual WvW seasons: servers rise in ranks/tiers within their faction, get some rewards after 3 months and then the factions reshuffle and the fight begins again.