Suggestion: Auto repairs

in WvW

Posted by: Alakatos.9405

Alakatos.9405

I was thinking on it could nice, that out side of siege event, the keeps and tower will repairing it self acording the doyak that came in. Even the if the siege weapon (like cannons, mortars and oils) are not destroy it.
Many times the people attacks this objective with the only intention of left the cannons and oils in 1 hp life so they can came up later and take the objectives with out oportunity of the defender of repair those siege.

in WvW

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Great idea, this could be a great way to bring back workers into WvW. I miss those little guys. They defended objectives so bravely too

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

This could quickly turn into a problem as well, and probably a few that is going to scream that it is infringing on human interaction and stuff. Anyways, I’m basically for this in principle, but it would have to be scaled very low.

Basically, return the workers that we used to have, and make them walk around and *slowly* repair things (using existing supply). Mainly just to avoid going to have to go click on every wall to see if there is 1 supply missing somewhere.

This would also give opponents an option to stop it, by killing the workers. Say shoot them down when on top of a wall trying to repair a damaged cannon. And something for defenders/scouts to babysit the poor dead workers.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Then even fewer would repair beyond tag standing there whipping them.

There should be some kind of “incentive” to repairing even for a K-train type player. This will sound crazy but maybe something like a stackable shield buff (100) that absorbs dmg for the player for every supply spent repairing that lasts for 1hr or until depleted. It doesn’t need to make player immune or anything crazy, just something to WANT to repair even if it’s just 10 stacks.

Thinking:
Every 1 supply you use repairing an objective grants you a stackable absorb shield for 1hr (max 100 stacks).
Each stack gives +100 dmg reduction to pool.
Each time you are struck -100 dmg until shield is depleted.

Could make it in mastery line:

1. Shield buff on repairing
2. Npcs near you take -100dmg per attack until shield expires.
3. – .25% condition dmg & duration per stack.
4. Siege you are using take -100 dmg per attack until shield expires.
5. While shielded, you are immune to pull.

Just some crazy

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I was thinking on it could nice, that out side of siege event, the keeps and tower will repairing it self acording the doyak that came in. Even the if the siege weapon (like cannons, mortars and oils) are not destroy it.

No.

There is enough auto-upgrading already. If you want cannon to be repaired, go and capture a camp, bring sups and repair it yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: Alakatos.9405

Alakatos.9405

No.

There is enough auto-upgrading already. If you want cannon to be repaired, go and capture a camp, bring sups and repair it yourself.

I do it that way, but sometime you simply can’t becase the do not destroy it just let it at 1 hit to be destroy it and the simply go… Maybe for 5 min or 30 min (at that time the destroy it cannons can be rebuild but those cannons can’t be repair) that is a problem and an unbalace of the game.