[Suggestion] Borderlands Bloodlust Changes

in WvW

Posted by: Reelix.6319

Reelix.6319

From my experience, the “Borderlands Bloodlust” buff is a factor that is primarily ignored by leading Commanders. This seems to be for two main reasons:

1.) The buff it provides is primarily insignificant
2.) The buff has to be refreshed far too often

To combat this, I suggest the following changes:

1.) The Minor Borderlands Bloodlust buff is increased to +50 (From +30)
2.) The Major Borderlands Bloodlust buff is increased to +75 (From +50)
3.) The Superior Borderlands Bloodlust buff is increased to +150 (From +60)
- The increase is far higher for Superior due to the significant difficulty required
4.) Ruins auto-decap at 1/5th the speed
5.) Ruins are capped / decapped by players at 1/2 the speed

This will give increased incentive for Commanders to make sure these points are maintained, as well as give roamers / duellers a primary location of where a small scale fight is likely to be found.

(edited by Reelix.6319)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Not sure if you have been around with the introduction of these ruins and the stats increase but it used to be 50/100/150. That was way to much and lots of forum topics complaining about it resulting in Anet reducing it to what it is now. I for one am happy they did that cause it would only favor the steamrolling server in a matchup.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You know that the current bloodlust is a nerfed version of the original right? Everyone hated it because at such high power it was kitten and only increased unbalance. No one wanted it. That the buff is insignificant is good.

You want a better bloodlust suggestion?

Remove it.

Replace it with another central tower or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Reelix.6319

Reelix.6319

Hi Offair,

These figures could of course be altered to be a bit weaker (Eg: 35, 65, 100), but as it stands, it is extremely rare to see anything more than Minor, whilst I think I have only ever seen Superior once (When I was in a fun Guild Event to hold every the point in all Borderlands at the same time).

It is also rare to see an opponent at one of these points (Outside of someone simply doing their Daily) – Which is odd if holding them is considered overpowered…

Dawdler: If they’re still strong, why is no-one ever capping them? As it stands, they’re less than insignificant, and held for dailies – And nothing more. Besides – If people complained they were too strong, why nerf them into the ground, and not just make them far harder to cap (Eg: Stand on it for 5 minutes, or hold all 5)?

(edited by Reelix.6319)

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

This will unbalanace WvW even more and for example players / comms form EB won’t have any chances to get rid of it. Also Bloodlust was implemented due to removing of orbs of power that had amount of buffs u wrote and were deleted to balance WvW, now u basically want to ruin it and make servers like SFR with 24h cover much more op.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Change bloodlust so it only give stomp Points but for that to work you need to change PPT so there is no tick Points = kills give alot of the total server Point.

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

I don’t have the exact figures anymore, but Bloodlust is a significant part of weekly point totals, at least in the higher tiers.

There’s already a good reason to grab multiples: to deny your opponents the points they’d otherwise pick up in fights.

Also, the stat bonuses are fairly small, but denying Bloodlust has about as much impact as turning off an enemy’s guild buffs. That’s not worth nothing.

It’s not something commanders should be dealing with directly, most times. Bloodlust is an objective scaled for havoc and roamers (two people can claim in it about three minutes, if uncontested).

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

(edited by ASP.8093)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

*These are horrible suggestions and would just further make this game mode imbalanced. * You must realize that even some top servers have just 1-4 players on the entire map, while enemy might have 10-70 players, meaning they can easily capture and hold the bloodlust and the side with smaller numbers has even less chances. The side with less numbers shouldn’t be trampled to death with some extra bonuses.

Besides those people who enjoy the conquest mode and capturing points can always go and play spvp. There is absolutely no reason to turn WvWvW into a poor imitation of spvp.

Please remove the bloodlust entirely and bring the lake back!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]