[Suggestion] Bring back rewards for WvW maps

in WvW

Posted by: zemiacsik.4590

zemiacsik.4590

Hello,

title says everything. In my opinion, a map completition in wvw deserve at least something like it was.
Maps have everything – vistas, poi, hp.. so why not to give wvw xp for exploring them? You can complete map, get some little shiny like before (siege, wxp, greens) and be “Yay!” or even something to progress your reward track like in pvp!

I am not sure why it was removed at first place, I think because of “why should I go into wvw when I want my legendary” thing? Although why removed completely all, dunno..

So what do you think?

[ALE] Ring of Fire (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

NAH – it removes the PvE players from coming into the map and there is enough PvE in the map already.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Many current vets came into wvw only for map completion and stayed. Commanders on my server and most likely every server at one time or another have purposely attacked a well defended keep just so some of the newer people could get the vista.

Map completion may not have pulled in all pvers, but it pulled in more than the system since megaserver did.

Depending on how many new people the reward track coupled with server pairings pulls in, this might be something to look at again in 6 months or so. Right now though, we can be pretty positive we’ll see an increase in forces over the course of the beta tests.

In the future though, bringing back another incentive to get new people in would be a good idea. The new people of today, may be missing out on a huge part of the game they dont know exists and could actually enjoy.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

NAH – it removes the PvE players from coming into the map and there is enough PvE in the map already.

Most players started with pve in GW2, drop your elitism.
The more player with have in WvW the better.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

WvW map completion was removed because it was part of world completion. For some players in low tier servers it was near impossible to get all 4 maps completed since the matchups never changed and you simply do not take enemy keeps with 4 people left in your server. If you are purely PvE player, that is really unfair.

As about map completion in WvW without it being part of world completion, I am all for it. I mean it would be not required but it would give you small prize if you do it.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

As a Gw1 player who didn’t follow the GW2 development close enough to know about WvWvW, I started out PvEing and stumbled kitten backwards into WvWvW because of map completion. I was tickled to find out that GW allowed me to run around and look for trouble like I did in open world PvP games I’ve played. Now WvWvW is all I do in GW2, been that way for years.

To be fair, map completion without any semblance of balance is not a good idea as I’m sure it’s chased away more people than it should have.

Whispers with meat.