Suggestion: Changeable Commander Icon Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Helba.1734

Helba.1734

Hey Guys,

Here’s my suggestion:
Make the commander able to change the color and description (when hovering over the tag) of his Commander Icon (in WvW zones only)

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

I think that’s a great idea.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Agreed. We have a plan for doing something like this that we’ll have more info on later. Right now we have to get it tested and do all the other things before we can be sure it is what we’d want.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Agreed. We have a plan for doing something like this that we’ll have more info on later. Right now we have to get it tested and do all the other things before we can be sure it is what we’d want.

Can we get like an ETA of when it will be available in 2014? Dont need specifics, Maybe like which quarter?

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

That’s great!
Thank you for the info <3

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Can we get like an ETA of when it will be available in 2014? Dont need specifics, Maybe like which quarter?

Zing.

in WvW

Posted by: Rcox.4076

Rcox.4076

they never give any eta’s.
honestly what this game needs is test servers, cause so many of these updates are garbage after they are released to the public servers.
every patch that comes out has at least 1 or 2 hotfix’s within the next day or so which could be avoided if they used test servers and tried things in it before releasing it to the public

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

• Commander Icon Colors (should not be choosable, but random)
  • Commanders should have specific chat colors (players should be able to filter all other chat out so they can read Commander chant only on a separate tab)
  • Commander Icon: More than just a Blue Arrow. It would be nice to have multiple symbols as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Different colors are great and all that, but I’d rather have a commander icon that looks like a cookie

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Different colors are great and all that, but I’d rather have a commander icon that looks like a cookie

Dorito is not doing it anymore for you?

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Dorito is not doing it anymore for you?

Only so many Doritos you can nom before you get bored of them.

And besides, cookies are way more delicious!

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

how about the current guild the commander is in icon

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I presume this is more than just colours being integrated. I mean, I can’t see much testing required to add different colours to pins.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I presume this is more than just colours being integrated. I mean, I can’t see much testing required to add different colours to pins.

plus one

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Noif.7821

Noif.7821

I like this idea! Definitely we need this to game. It would be easy for pugs to know who to follow red,green or blue tagged commander.

in WvW

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

How about PvE and WvW seperate Commander tags also?

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

how about we use the player’s character portraits (reduced size) to be the icon on the map. would be funny.

in WvW

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Please make the colors bright and distinctive. Or have a colorblind mode checkbox in settings for the entire game. Tyvm.

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

It needs to be more rewarding. I’d love the ability to unlock new commander tags. Maybe from the gem store? Guild tags would be amazing. Something for the guild to work towards and whereby only the guild on that map can see it.

It really needs. Lot of variety and options for players. Icons of camps for camp groups, things like that.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

I just ask that some consideration be given to not lighting the map in LA up like a christmas tree with 500 different ornaments floating around. It’s bad enough seeing all the blue diamonds there, covering up all the other symbols.

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

And more/different colored target icons please.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

I just ask that some consideration be given to not lighting the map in LA up like a christmas tree with 500 different ornaments floating around. It’s bad enough seeing all the blue diamonds there, covering up all the other symbols.

Also, if we can have a gem store item to upgrade our commander tag to customizable scrolling marquees that would be awesome!!!

EDIT: Sorry.. Did not read properly the first time and thought you were asking FOR something to light up LA :|

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Considering how most top T1 WvW guilds Run tagless these days to prevent the other server from doing tag watching w/multiple accounts you should add tag permissions to where only people in your squad or guild can see them. Along with eliminating the squad player limits in place.

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

While this is a nice feature and I am not against it, i don’t find this to be the most pressing missing commander feature. (Actually, our server does have only rarely more than one commander available/willing to lead a pug squad at the same time anyways.)

In my opinion, the most important improvement would be a guild commander feature (even if it is sold separately from the usual commander tome) which has the following feature:

• Only players representing the same guild as the guild commander are able to see the commander icon or join the squad.

After playing for over a year, I am so tired of having to call-target the acting commander of a guild squad, which has become the standard work-around, and thereby loosing the intended functionality for the calling-a-target feature, and not having a reliable marker on the mini-map.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

yay! This is going to be really helpful. I think it will make WvW more interesting and fun.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

number or letter in the icon might work. Like, team 1 go here, team 2 go here..then we crush them between us here..

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Helba.1734

Helba.1734

Thanks for your reply – I’d like to know more about these plans – I do understand that the current Commander Icon implementation does actually has mutliple roles: PvE, WvW, GvG, aso … so in order to get all the requirements for all these roles collected, understood and agreed on by Devs AND Community, I suggest you introduce some kind of “idea” discussion which Anet drops on some debate-board and the community can discuss and evaluate it, so you guys may getter feedback and get it done right for all, devs, gamers and your product management

Update: I see you guys came to the same conclusion under this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-Request-for-Topics

(edited by Helba.1734)

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

What about more functional UI for commanders?

in WvW

Posted by: Apar.2417

Apar.2417

Commander only Guild !?

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Good temporary idea right there.. Devon, make it happen!

Edit: Oh, and make the colors unique.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Posted from a long time ago by yours truly:

Anet – please give us the ability to choose the color of our commander tag and the ability to make these tags public or private!

For colors we really wouldn’t need more than 16 colors to choose from but make the default blue tag clickable. Clicking the default blue tag when making a squad should pop up something very much like the dye palette menu. Pick your color and go!

To make a tag public or private (invisible unless you join their group) just give the commanders a simple four digit passcode prompt that they can define by checking a box and putting in a four digit code.

Examples:

Putting up a private tag:

Create Squad —-> Check private check-box —-> Fill out four digit code “1234” etc. —-> dispensnce info to guild/map/party as needed.

Joining a private tag:

Joining a Private Commander —-> “This commander is set to private, please enter password” —-> PW: 1234 —-> Successfully joined commander’s private group!

If the commander wants to switch passcodes, they just have to drop tag and recreate their squad effectively “booting” its current members.

Changing commander tag colors:

Create Squad —-> Click default blue chip —-> Select new color from a simple palette.

Anet, if you do this, you will see a massive renaissance in how WvW is played that de-emphasizes massive zergs and encourages new, exciting, play.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

The commander tag functionality should be matched similarly to the dialogue/chat box functionality. This is where distinct and separate access for map chat/view, guild chat/view, say chat/view, and party chat/view. This would mean the commander could have check boxes to click as to which group of the population could see his tag and his text. Similarly also the commander tag access view can be seen through one to one messaging or one to many messaging idk.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in WvW

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

“When it’s ready.” It’s the famous ArenaNet answer to this question.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

how about the current guild the commander is in icon

OMG..this!!!!
I would absolutely LOVE to follow a pink co……euhm..rooster…..around on the borderlands. All fear the pink rooster!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

If possible the higher ranked commanders should be able to show different set of colours thant beginning commanders. Every 100 ranks a different colour or set of colours.

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

DEVON!! Please for the love of Tyria do this for the mouse cursor also.

Have you ever used a neutral colour cursor in a large WvW fight?

Hell, im slightly visually impaired, this would be a great help just sitting in LIONS ARCH!

in WvW

Posted by: Rai.2310

Rai.2310

If possible the higher ranked commanders should be able to show different set of colours thant beginning commanders. Every 100 ranks a different colour or set of colours.

In order for this to work they will also need to make the WvW ranking system account bound. I know a lot of commanders in WvW with tags on more than one character.

Pirate sailing on the Sea of Swag

in WvW

Posted by: shaggy.8123

shaggy.8123

Add Commander UI. Let’s say i have the commander tag, 25 (i guess) ppl can join my squad…so what? No ideea where my squad members are at any giving time, can’t see them on map. Still can see just the party UI witch is absurd considering “squad” term. Even in that old game “Warhammer Online” you could see your all warband (squad) members in parties and where are all, EACH squad players must see this.
This should’ve been a basic thing, don’t think is rocket science for this UI…

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

I’m glad we have our priorities in order.

¬¬

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Whatever commander changes they make should be flexible for ALL players and guilds. They need a public and private/guild squad option. IMO having a public/private option is the most important feature. Some people do NOT want to lead a zerg and simply wish to create a smaller force squad with a visible pin….. one that won’t have 50 people flock to it.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

¬¬

I would like to see more of the other stuff and GvG support to, but if we can get them to listen in on the mouse colour thing also, its a cheap dirty fix that will make me a little happier till the big adjustments come

If they cant change the colour of the mouse then we know the type of DEV’s we have to battle with

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

¬¬

We had 5 commanders running around in EB yesterday. It would make perfect sense to add this.

in WvW

Posted by: Blehh.5240

Blehh.5240

I hope the planned fix is something along the lines of displaying the guild’s emblem as the tag. It would make for quick recognition and distinction.