[Suggestion] Changes to Supply

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I see a lot of hatred towards teams that actively use siege in open field battles or that rely on siege too much.
Also, its not uncommon to see people invading objectives using a large amount of siege to quickly take down walls/gates.
All this is possible as supply is easy to obtain and hard to loose.

So I’d like to see what people think could be good changes to how supply is generated and kept. Some ideas I’d like to discuss:

• Lost of supply on death: Players that get killed loose all their supply. This will impose a higher tax on zergs that get wiped, increasing the time needed to siege. Some synergy with other ideas below (outnumbered and spawn supply)
  • Supply steal on spike If a player gets finished by another player (spiked) the player finishing gets his supply. Some synergy with other ideas below (outnumbered and spawn supply). This could create some interesting focus on trying to spike players instead of cleaving.
  • Lost of supply on map-change: Players that get change map loose all their supply. This would prevent map-hoping for supply, but would also make it harder for defenders/attackers to map-hop offensive/defensive efforts. Good or bad?
  • Outmanned: The outnumbered buff could prevent supply loss on death. This could help servers with lower population to take back objectives or defend/repair such objectives.
  • Supply depot on spawn (under certain conditions): create a supply depot on spawn (supply generation and storage similar to camps now). This could be good depending on the conditions. For the last place of last match? For the last place of last skirmish? For outnumbered? This last one could be good for outnumbered servers to retake/defend their territory, but seems easily exploitable by map-hopping for supply.
  • Camps with reduced supply storage, but faster generation: This would make it that camps are more supply generators and towers/keeps are more supply deposits. Zergs would need to wait around on camps to fully resupply or set more supply-runners to their sieges. This would make objectives the main supply storage and resupply locations for larger zergs, but camps would be needed to generate that supply and dollyaks to carry it. Protecting your dollyaks would be then very important to keep your supply stocks full.

I would really like to see what other people think could be done (or if nothing need to be done) to the way supply is generated and stored in WvW.

[edit] added some things ad format

(edited by lLobo.7960)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Interesting idea. Looking forward to seeing someone more versed in use of supply than me to comment with their thoughts (I mostly roam when I play, so as long as we have enough for a cata or two we’re happy)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Interesting idea. Looking forward to seeing someone more versed in use of supply than me to comment with their thoughts (I mostly roam when I play, so as long as we have enough for a cata or two we’re happy)

Yes, I am also looking forward to see what commanders and others think.

For roamers it would make that killing supply runners and taking camps and dollyaks would have a greater meaning on the supply stocks of the opposing team. Even more if the camps have low supply storage and map-changing removes your supply.

So a zerg arriving at a map would have its main supply source at it’s home tower or keep, instead of just flipping a camp for quick 100 supply or more.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Too much penalties for dying. If a 50 man zerg get wiped, you could loose 1000 supply. Getting that back is a freaking pain and take ages at current rates. Unless you have that amount readily available in spawn every respawn, you are effectivly telling the underdog that nope, you’re not allowed to take objectives. But that kind of spawn supply make camps pointles. If you buff camp regen, it’ll have to be +10 supps every 5 seconds or something. Which still means a zerg will stand there staring at the supply depot for 10 minutes or so.

So meaningless and boring changes that will punish the looser both with death and with resupply time. I fail to see the point.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

None of the suggestions prevents field siege. All of the suggestions favour the bigger numbers.

ETA. Except the “outmanned buff” suggestion, true, but that buff doesn’t mean much anyway.

The other day we were around 5 on our BL, had an 30 + man enemy zerg flipping our keeps and 2 of the third server flipping our camps. No buff for us.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Open field siege is a cop out. Either way does not matter servers like NSP, DB, SBI all run from open field fights. All they can do is run back in their tower or keep. Otherwise they die. Even if they were to try open field siege they would still die….

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Open field siege is also generally useless. It’s just a clean target to bomb, and most groups I’ve run into that drop it scatter rather than plan a coordinated bomb on you off you push to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Open field siege is a cop out. Either way does not matter servers like NSP, DB, SBI all run from open field fights. All they can do is run back in their tower or keep. Otherwise they die. Even if they were to try open field siege they would still die….

This is garbage dude. I’ve open field guild squad / zerged 95% of group battles. It is very rare that we would duck in to a keep/tower to gain advantage, your info is literally 100% inaccurate and trolling.

Sincerely DB

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

This might be a bit extreme, but I’m curious about the possibility of removing supply from camps entirely. And only have camps generate Yak’s to up-grade and fill up the tower/keeps supply. It would definitively change things.

• There would be much fighting over objectives.
  • You would need one structure to have a foothold on a map
  • Would give a logical path or branch of paths for where people strike
  • Siegerazer would make sense, to get that start tower so you can fill it with supply

It certainly comes with some weirdness that might be considered negative.

• Probably lots of fighting in map chat about who takes supply for what from towers
  • Generally restricts supply
  • Less supply around because of no free supply from camps and flipped camps
  • Less reason for most groups to go to camps, send a few roamers instead.

Don’t know how I’d like it myself, but interested in how people think this might play out for various tiers, sizes, etc. You would almost certainly need to allow supply through maps, or optionally just give full supply on map change automatically, or this would collapse under lock-down. My own guild would likely get annoyed at inability to get supplies for catas to take down towers and keeps when people aren’t coming out to play with us on the camps.

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

The yaks are fun in wvw and one of the things that hasn’t changed about wvw since launch. They also look cool in their little christmas gear at christmas time. So hands off the yaks op.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

The yaks are fun in wvw and one of the things that hasn’t changed about wvw since launch. They also look cool in their little christmas gear at christmas time. So hands off the yaks op.

I really don’t see where he wanted to change Yaks ? Perhaps adding a bit more supply to Yaks? HE is talking about changing other things like the amount of supply in camps and a few other things, but not the yaks.