Suggestion: Commander Tag Description (WvW)

in WvW

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

Currently when a commander tags up it shows the color and the name, and that’s it. On my server the common practice has become to tag blue for public zerg, purple for havoc, so on and so forth. However, while my server is heavy into WvW as a tier 1, there are still plenty of people who are either new or casual that don’t know what each color means and get easily confused. It would be great if we could get options for short descriptions to follow a commander’s name when hovered over on the map, and even if the text were to float below the floating commander icon on their character. This would go a long way to alleviate confusion in regular WvW, and towards facilitating multiple tags in EotM without the drama that usually accompanies such an occurance.

The descriptions I would be most interested in seeing would be:
1) Public Group
2) Havoc Team
3) Guild Group
4) Scout

I’m sure there are plenty of additional descriptions that the WvW community would find desirable, and surely PvEers would have input as well. This would hopefully be a small, inexpensive tweak that would greatly improve the quality of game play for new players and help lower the learning curve for WvW participation.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

I guess nobody finds this to be a thing, then. Too bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

+1 for your idea

We do that as well in WSR, and I spam a message explaining the color code for tags. And there is always people that prefer to follow a guild rather then the public group, even if you politely ask to not do that in /l chat.

To be fair, if people don’t bother to read chat (sometimes even local), it’s not a tag on a minimap that will change things, but in all a good addition.

There should also be some kind of LFS (looking for squad) system, where each commanders can describe their group and an interface that shows all borderlands action. But we are asking too much probably.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well it was a dream once. It took them almost 2 years to implement the colors (and they originally wanted us to pay a hefty sum for each color).

Give it up. Better for your sanity.

I still have an old concept for it, including the tag description (ie squad name) :p

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

Some servers do use color assignments...blue, being the original, is usually main commander. Yellow is often secondary. Red and Purple are often for havoc, guild OPS, or scouting.

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Example from my server:

Blue – Main Open Raid
Yellow – Guild / Closed raid
Red – Scout / Sentry / Dolyak Bromance
Purple – Roamers / Strike Team / RP – ?

(edited by Luna.9640)

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

Example from my server:

Blue – Main Open Raid
Yellow – Guild / Closed raid
Red – Scout / Sentry / Dolyak Bromance
Purple – Roamers / Strike Team / RP – ?

It seems we all agree that blue is main at least

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

As someone already said, it might not necessarily deter everyone from following a closed raid, but it’s a good idea and it’s hard to see a downside to it. It’d help organise the map and help players just joining the map to know what’s happening.

+1

Gandaran.

in WvW

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

I vote for tag description. Just simple field where to type text, no predefined purposes.

I also would like to see all our players as green dots in the map – not only nearby players as now. That way I would know where to find our pugs when there is no commander or when there are only guild commanders.

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Currently when a commander tags up it shows the color and the name, and that’s it. On my server the common practice has become to tag blue for public zerg, purple for havoc, so on and so forth. However, while my server is heavy into WvW as a tier 1, there are still plenty of people who are either new or casual that don’t know what each color means and get easily confused. It would be great if we could get options for short descriptions to follow a commander’s name when hovered over on the map, and even if the text were to float below the floating commander icon on their character. This would go a long way to alleviate confusion in regular WvW, and towards facilitating multiple tags in EotM without the drama that usually accompanies such an occurance.

1) Public Group
2) Havoc Team
3) Guild Group
4) Scout

I’m sure there are plenty of additional descriptions that the WvW community would find desirable, and surely PvEers would have input as well. This would hopefully be a small, inexpensive tweak that would greatly improve the quality of game play for new players and help lower the learning curve for WvW participation.

I support this idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Moo.3408

Moo.3408

1) Public Group
2) Havoc Team
3) Guild Group
4) Scout

I expect this will happen, as it’s a paid expansion. Just have:
Shield emblem for defense
Fist for attack
Binoculars for scout
Flag for guild and
Circle for other

in WvW

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Also One color should be reserved for newbie commanders. One’s that don’t fully know the ropes. This way people know who’s new at it and can either offer tips or decide not to follow because they’re inexperienced lol.