Suggestion: Commander Waypoint Auto Ping

in WvW

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

With all the map hopping that goes on with WvW, wouldn’t it be cool if the commander had the option that when he waypoints, the squad gets an auto notification of which waypoint the commander went to? I know, get on discord or ‘it adds to the challenge", but anyway it’s just a suggestion.

in WvW

CattivoUomo.7198

I might add that this could be something the commander could spend wvw ability points into in order to do this.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Shift + left click

in WvW

CattivoUomo.7198

Shift + left click

Not the point I was going for. The commander still has to do that, and then waypoint which not all commanders do. But if it let him waypoint and auto list the waypoint in squad chat in one action, it would let the squad know where he went more conveniently. And as suggested, if he had to put world ability points into it to do that, it gives him something else to spend the points on. Make it maybe somewhat high so the commander has to really earn the ability.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Mouse over the commander’s name in the squad UI.

There’s no need for a “Laziness Mastery”.

in WvW

CattivoUomo.7198

You mean like autoloot? I’m not saying it’s an absolute need, just an added convenience for the squad, especially when map queues come into play and you’re trying to follow a commander to defend. Laziness doesn’t factor into it as far as I’m concerned, it’s about efficiency. Clearly you don’t like the idea, and that’s fine. Everyone has an opinion, and yours has been noted. Just making a suggestion, plus there are so many world ability points that go wasted once you rank up to a certain point. Why not give something to spend them on?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s not a bad idea.

Pugmanding is like herding sheep, and WPing, especially to another map can be pretty frustrating as many people do not pay attention or even comprehend there’s other maps. I know there are many commanders that would prefer all commands be voiced based because typemanding aka having to interact with chat is very annoying.

And of course, needing the WP in the first place often involves time sensitive matters. Many commanders often walk if it’s a little further away as opposed to WP due to these issues.

If you are fortunate, and have gracious lieutenants, this isn’t an issue. But that’s not always the case.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Would be nice if it automatically waypointed the squad with the commander if your not in combat and the commander has it chosen as an option. Pugmanding is hard to do especially when people squirrel off this would make it easier to group everyone up.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I mean if your paying attention to the commander and he suddenly disappears , all you need to do is look at his/her name in the squad and it will tell you where they went.

in WvW

Posted by: fosfor.9076

fosfor.9076

We need more reasons to be in a squad, like way point to the commander link text in the chat, notification pop window is inappropriate if you are on combat.

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

You mean like autoloot?

Autoloot was a cure for a phenomenon lovingly referred to as “pooping bags”, not laziness. Pressing f was a full-time activity and you’d STILL miss half your bags.

in WvW

CattivoUomo.7198

You mean like autoloot?

Autoloot was a cure for a phenomenon lovingly referred to as “pooping bags”, not laziness. Pressing f was a full-time activity and you’d STILL miss half your bags.

Fair enough. Still don’t consider my suggestion a laziness mastery, but more of a convenience mastery. Faster reaction times to defense calls, and convenience for a commander so he doesn’t have to take the extra step of shift-clicking the waypoint before he waypoints, or squad members hovering over his name to see that he went to some BL which I don’t recall it showing you the particular waypoint he went to. Not like other convenience things haven’t been introduced: level tomes, salvage all, consume all, proofs of heroics, portal stones for all your characters to get to a new zone, the special area passes, etc.

I’m not saying my suggestion is absolutely needed, but would be a nice convenient feature to add in, while using some world ability points, which, as I mentioned before, there’s a ton of them after you reach a certain level. I’ve personally spent the max and still have 2,081 ability points…to use on…let’s see, nothing. Can only imagine how many the hard core commanders have.

in WvW

CattivoUomo.7198

We need more reasons to be in a squad, like way point to the commander link text in the chat, notification pop window is inappropriate if you are on combat.

Didn’t suggest a pop up, but have it ping it in squad chat, equivalent of shift clicking the waypoint, and pressing enter but automating that for the commander (who turns on the feature) after putting in world ability points turn earn that privilege. Wouldn’t have an affect on someone in combat as it would be a chat ping.