Suggestion : Condition Retaliation

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

So full zerker/power builds have to be careful if an enemy has retal, because direct damage returns to him.

So may i suggest that retaliation also affects condition?
This is so people dont carelessly spam their condis to a person and just kill him in 2 seconds.

I just thought this could be a good idea to stop the condi kittens (yes, i typed the word for baby cats )

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Retal does affect the “condi kittens”…..
Conditions don’t just magically appear on you, your opponent has to land his hits to apply them.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

There should more condition damage reduction but tic for retal on Condi nah dude

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

in WvW

Posted by: blackmac.2685

blackmac.2685

i have heard this suggested before and think it is worth considering.
Toughness should mitigate condition damage as it does with physical damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It kinda already does.
For example, mesmer has to apply conditions through rapid shatters, they all apply retaliation back onto the memser herself. You will know what I am talking about when you are dueling an engi as a mesmer. You will feel the pain if you completely ignore the retal.

in WvW

Chiccotot.7296

i was thinking of a “per tick” retal back to the caster. this way, they dont spam condis mindlessly.
there comes more strategy towards applying condition.

there is no effective way to counter it thus far, burn guards will tick 4.5k regardless of armor (i think) so yeah.

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

You can’t compare direct damage and conditions when it comes to retaliation. If I play a power build and notice that an enemy’s retaliation is causing me problems I just stop attacking until reta runs out (just as I wouldn’t fire projectiles into a reflection wall or a magnetic aura). If I play a condi build I can’t just magically take back conditions that I already applied.

in WvW

Chiccotot.7296

Then that’s the price of playing condition.
Right now to be effective power build, you have to build ferocity and precision taking away your toughness and vitality.
Conditions do not take anything from you.

Full dire gears (Tough/Vit/Condi) can just whittle you down PU Condition Mesmers or Thieves can just stealth and step back while you die if you’re caught without condi clears.

So yes, i’m proposing the retal per tick as something to balance out condi being effective with little to no drawbacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Retaliation per tick is just as silly as condition damage itself, if not more. They should just give more access to resistance instead.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

You can’t compare direct damage and conditions when it comes to retaliation. If I play a power build and notice that an enemy’s retaliation is causing me problems I just stop attacking until reta runs out (just as I wouldn’t fire projectiles into a reflection wall or a magnetic aura). If I play a condi build I can’t just magically take back conditions that I already applied.

/thread

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The last thing WvW needs is to add another set of calculations onto the server.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Or more passive play.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Or more passive play.

I can still remember my commander, long since gone from the game, who would say when the enemy zerg’s stability or might was going to be up. He would then coordinate our actions based upon his internal clock that kept track of those important boons.

Since he left the game, after HoT, I haven’t heard a commander in TS that keeps track of things like that. Does anybody still do that or did boonshare kill the need to do it?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Or more passive play.

I can still remember my commander, long since gone from the game, who would say when the enemy zerg’s stability or might was going to be up. He would then coordinate our actions based upon his internal clock that kept track of those important boons.

Since he left the game, after HoT, I haven’t heard a commander in TS that keeps track of things like that. Does anybody still do that or did boonshare kill the need to do it?

Boonshare/duration/rev’s killed the need.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Or more passive play.

Depending how far in past that happened it may be before stability rework.
(March 16, 2015 – This boon has been changed from a duration stack type to an intensity stack type.)

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

lol at people who say you have to land a hit first to put condi on people and so are appropriately punished. Id gladly take 300hp or whatever inconsequential amount of damage to land my torment and confusion stacks that will do thousands of damage in the next 3 seconds.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

my torment and confusion stacks that will do thousands of damage in the next 3 seconds.

That if it don’t get cleared first… But who runs condi clear these days, amirite?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing