[Suggestion] Free World Transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

There’s been a lot of posts about the unfair match-ups lately. Mainly in NA.

How about a 2-3 week period, when World Transfer fees are free?

Give players time to balance the servers themselves. And just see how things shake up in WvW.

I mean the only ones who have any real incentives to transfer are WvW prone players. And the WvW population is rather small in comparison to PvE, so its not a huge lost in potential profits. I know Anet doesn’t like seeing all these unfair match-ups and are just lost when it comes to solving the problem.

If Anet is worried about a huge change in balance, they could limit the amount of transfers in and out of specific servers.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

They tried this before the 2nd tournament where it was free for some, high for others, and discounted for some, and it led to a lot of problems, and caused a lot of server instability and bandwagoning.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

I think it actually be great if they did so, however they should only make free transfers for the lowest ranked servers, so incase a pve guild (with members all across the servers)
who wants to start wvwing can go to a lower populated server to boost the wvw over there :p

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The problem with pre season 2 free transfers is that there was unlimited slots available. If there had been free transfers to those servers with a cap on the number of free slots, it might have worked.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

Well my server is just dead wvw-wise.
(Blacktide eu).
Every single guild that tried to join and do something resigned because of lack of other people.
Since that is a video game people don’t feel any “attatchment” to their server.
When they can’t succeed in one place, they just switch it.
Actually all of the low tiered servers are kind of dead in WVW.
The match up on my server is one sided.
I’ve spent all of my last night commanding and actually taking back one map with a group of (sic!) 20 people…. but Mind you it’s 20 people for all the maps (eb, 3x borders) while the opossing server had people playing all day and all night… That’s just depressing and makes me want to leave the server as well….

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

(Blacktide eu).
Every single guild that tried to join and do something resigned because of lack of other people.
When they can’t succeed in one place, they just switch it.
Actually all of the low tiered servers are kind of dead in WVW.
The match up on my server is one sided.
I’ve spent all of my last night commanding and actually taking back one map with a group of (sic!) 20 people…. but Mind you it’s 20 people for all the maps (eb, 3x borders) while the opossing server had people playing all day and all night… That’s just depressing and makes me want to leave the server as well….

This is what BT always did when they had many players and even now with a lot smaller population – there is either nobody on the maps or a huge zerg (20 man zerg at night is big imo). One group can’t cover as much as few groups.

To the topic, I think free transfers would kitten up the unbalanced situation even more. Most don’t want to be on the loosing side so they just hop on whichever server they think will win.

They should instead change the current transfer costs, it’s ridiculous I had to pay 1800 gems to move from Vabbi T8/9 to Underworld T9.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Instead of free transfers they could make a sale on transfers, a 50% off weekend. People will still think twice before transferring because it is not free, but people that really want to transfer will be able to do so with a better price.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

ChoChoBo.6503

(Blacktide eu).

maybe the bigger issue is addressing server “attachment”/“loyalty”

Anet should find a way to give more rewards to players who play for one server or something. More rewards in WvW in general or something. Players should have an incentive to stay and fight for their server other than bragging rights and the rarely seen good RNG drops.

I don’t know, something in WvW is lacking. I feel there needs to be a change somewhere, if not with a server transfer grace period then somewhere else.

in WvW

ChoChoBo.6503

They tried this before the 2nd tournament where it was free for some, high for others, and discounted for some, and it led to a lot of problems, and caused a lot of server instability and bandwagoning.

I remember this, was horrible for my server, but we bounced back. Dropped to T7/8 and bounced back up to T4/5 after it stabilized. Been in T3/4 now and everyone knows everyone on our server these days, its a pretty close knit WvW community we built. But going south lately, and just don’t know if there’s any way to fix it anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Instead of free transfers they could make a sale on transfers, a 50% off weekend. People will still think twice before transferring because it is not free, but people that really want to transfer will be able to do so with a better price.

This is the best idea I’ve heard yet.

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

I think it actually be great if they did so, however they should only make free transfers for the lowest ranked servers,

this is the right train of thought to me.
evaluate the current worlds active wvw population. make the bottom 1/3 free, the middle 1/3 discounted, leave the top 1/3 the same.
do this 2-4 times a year for about a week at a time. i think wvw would remain more balanced.

maybe even get rid of some of the lower active pop worlds and allow those players to choose a new world for free.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Transfer costs where once introduced to limited wtj and KEEP balance.

Now that balance is gone they only preserve imbalance.

I agree that transfers should be free till we got new better balanced WvW-mode (i.e. forever).

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Last time this happened (for only 1 week) Underworld was last place 16 weeks in a row. So in 2-3 weeks time of free transfers what could possibly go wrong? lol.

this is the right train of thought to me.
evaluate the current worlds active wvw population. make the bottom 1/3 free, the middle 1/3 discounted, leave the top 1/3 the same.
do this 2-4 times a year for about a week at a time. i think wvw would remain more balanced.

I’d be fine with something like this. Though if some big guilds would decide to transfer down it would pretty much break up the entire tier probably for several weeks before stabilizing :/ maybe with some limit on the number of people that can transfer to eah server.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Given the choice, people will always transfer to the highest ranked free option. We’ve seen this in the lead-up to previous tournaments.

Therefore, the lowest ranked server should be the only free transfer option, week to week.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

How many times does a bottom tier server have to bandwagon their way up the ranks before it becomes clear that this isn’t a good idea?

I mean it’s not like it hasn’t happened before. How short are people’s memories?