[Suggestion] Guild Leader/Officer Tag

in WvW

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Hello all,

I don’t know if this was brought up before, it probably was, but I couldn’t find anything using the search function. Anyways.

It would be a very useful QoL addition to WvW guilds. Imagine you are a small havoc group that splits into 3, 4 or 5 parties and you don’t want to put a commander tag up for PuG’s to see, but you also want a way for all the members of your guild to see you on the map.

Visually, similar to the Dorito this could be a black shield shape or something with the guild logo in it seen only by the guilds members, with the option for the guild officer/leader that tags up to transmit the guilds position/insignia for the Dorito commander to see, or stay invisible.

This can make things easier for the guilds member to follow up and can create a nice incognito strategy with the map commander.

Imagine the server army + special forces, or something like that.

This can be either bought with gold or built with influence/guild merits/badges.

Rip English. Any thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

We asked repeatedly for this sort of thing and Anet has never done a thing about it.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

One thing that might help is to use a specific color commander tag and announce on map that your doing a guild run.

Most servers, since the introduction of the different tag colors have designated different roles for colors, say one for zerg, one for scouting etc. So maybe try it out see how it goes.

Also if your splitting into different parties, one thing you can do is have the leaders of each party get a target put on them by the rest of their party, it will put a bullseye on them that will make it easier for their party to see an icon above their heads.

I do agree that guilds could use such an icon, though it might have a negative effect on wvw. Anyways hope that helps.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

creepmatic.9435

One thing that might help is to use a specific color commander tag and announce on map that your doing a guild run.

Most servers, since the introduction of the different tag colors have designated different roles for colors, say one for zerg, one for scouting etc. So maybe try it out see how it goes.

Also if your splitting into different parties, one thing you can do is have the leaders of each party get a target put on them by the rest of their party, it will put a bullseye on them that will make it easier for their party to see an icon above their heads.

I do agree that guilds could use such an icon, though it might have a negative effect on wvw. Anyways hope that helps.

Yes i’m aware of that, but it’s getting old and It’s frustrating some times. Things like, half of your mini-zerg got wiped and you are forced to take the WP, because the guildies don’t know your location on map, it’s time lost imo. You know, small things, but it adds up after a while.

It could change the way WvW works, but why do you think it’s going to have a negative effect? I only see it get more organized a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This has been asked countless of times since release. Dont put your hopes to high this will ever get implemented.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

If your guild doesn’t know where you are on the map, try using, oh I don’t know, maybe something like, hmm, maybe, possibly TS????

We have a colour system that works quite well along with TS and guild raids function very well this way – most guilds (unless it’s a gvg) don’t mind the odd follower as long as they are not a liability – decent necro or staff ele generally welcomed, sometimes a good ranger (position is everything).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

To be honest, guilds to me are just a friends’ list with tags for better organization. One for WvW, Dungeons/Fractals, sPvP, Social and a personal guild.

The game doesn’t really offer much in terms of guild utilities that make it a must to be in a guild.

A guild tag would benefit PvE and WvW, but its not there. It would allow PvEer’s a way to instantly see if their guild is on the same map for a guild event. And alloy WvWer’s a way to run guild raids. You join a guild to play with your guildmates, not to play with random pugs. If I wanted to play with pugs, I’d just use the LFG.

The game might benefit from a party leader system, where the one you started the party gets a buff/aura that only the party members can see. To identify the party leader.

These days I just have the leader use a random hylek hue potion to change his color. Can’t miss the glowing blue player.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hylek_Blue_Hue_Potion

in WvW

X T D.6458

Yes i’m aware of that, but it’s getting old and It’s frustrating some times. Things like, half of your mini-zerg got wiped and you are forced to take the WP, because the guildies don’t know your location on map, it’s time lost imo. You know, small things, but it adds up after a while.

It could change the way WvW works, but why do you think it’s going to have a negative effect? I only see it get more organized a bit.

Some of the negative effects I can see from having a guild only tag is it causing a lot of friction with certain guilds that prefer running alone, and this would only encourage them, alienating them from the rest of the server population especially militia, and never disrespect your militia. If a guild wants to run tagless or do its own raid, I dont have an issue with that dont get me wrong, play how you want. But it does cause issues so have to remember that. Also say you have to defend a keep on a bl, guild tag is up, nobody else can see it, time is lost when people could be rallying around a commander, but everyone instead is scattered. When a giant zerg is melting your keeps gates, you cant afford to lose time by being disorganized. I do think there is a practical value in having a guild tag, but it can always be a double edged sword. The last thing a server wants is friction and people feeling alienated and turning away from wvw. Ive seen guilds who run tagless get ridiculed and blamed for a lot of things, and people getting upset with those guilds calling them elitist and such, so a guild tag could very well just make it easier for this and cause further issues.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

We asked repeatedly for this sort of thing and Anet has never done a thing about it.

we got colorful tags!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

creepmatic.9435

Some of the negative effects I can see from having a guild only tag is it causing a lot of friction with certain guilds that prefer running alone, and this would only encourage them, alienating them from the rest of the server population especially militia, and never disrespect your militia. If a guild wants to run tagless or do its own raid, I dont have an issue with that dont get me wrong, play how you want. But it does cause issues so have to remember that. Also say you have to defend a keep on a bl, guild tag is up, nobody else can see it, time is lost when people could be rallying around a commander, but everyone instead is scattered. When a giant zerg is melting your keeps gates, you cant afford to lose time by being disorganized. I do think there is a practical value in having a guild tag, but it can always be a double edged sword. The last thing a server wants is friction and people feeling alienated and turning away from wvw. Ive seen guilds who run tagless get ridiculed and blamed for a lot of things, and people getting upset with those guilds calling them elitist and such, so a guild tag could very well just make it easier for this and cause further issues.

I think you miss understood what I tried to say. I never said to replace the actual Doritos with guild only tags. I said there would be a good idea for guilds that run in small groups 2 to 3 parties or even larger to have a way to see their leaders/officers on map without interfering with the main Commander tag. That’s it. A secondary guild tag that only guild members can see that coexist with the present commander tag.

And if that guild leader want’s to collaborate with the map general, he can broadcast his insignia on map that is only seen by the Dorito tag and by no one else. Thus the map commander can see the position of havoc squads etc and have a visual representation of what’s going on, on the map, while in the same time giving guilds that want to run incognito a way to organize themselves better. That’s it.

in WvW

X T D.6458

yes I understand what you meant, I didnt mean to imply it would replace the existing tag

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

You can’t make people play how you want them to.

If they’re holding back on guild-only tags in an attempt to ‘force’ guilds to co-operate with the other groups on the map, it’s not going to work (at least in wvw). (Some) guilds still don’t want the randoms with them, all it causes is more arguments in /say .

It wouldn’t surprise me if the main reason is to keep the commander visibility up for the big PvE events, and WvW is considered an acceptable price to pay for that.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I’m actually hoping they still implement this system.
As a PvE player, it’s just so pointless seeing 30 commander tags during 1 guild mission…

Maybe add as option to research for guilds?
With option who’s got the ability to use it (After they bought the commander book?)

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in WvW

Posted by: nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

There kinda is something like “join a squad” button.
So you see only one commander on the minimap.
Tell “Randoms” to join the “main commander” squad and they won’t see your icon.
Same for your guildies if they join your squad they won’t see the pub commander.

in WvW

Posted by: Drinks.2361

Drinks.2361

Here is hoping we see guild only visible commander tags with HoT, it would be good to be able to use the target icon for actual focus targets rather than the driver.