Suggestion: Guild alert when under attack

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Just a quick suggestion that was a small but cool feature from DAoC. If a guild has a WvW objective claimed, there should be an alert message in the guild chat channel if the objective becomes contested (guards killed, doors or walls under attack). The message should be visible to all guild members regardless of what map they are on.

For hardcore WvW guilds, this would help if the guild was on a different map than their claimed objective, and for PvX guilds, it would help bring people out of PvE to help defend in WvW.

I think the changes to make guild claims more visible (tooltips on the map, guild tags on the guards) were great, and this would be another small step to improving WvW.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

ooo.. I like this idea!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Just a quick suggestion that was a small but cool feature from DAoC. If a guild has a WvW objective claimed, there should be an alert message in the guild chat channel if the objective becomes contested (guards killed, doors or walls under attack). The message should be visible to all guild members regardless of what map they are on.

For hardcore WvW guilds, this would help if the guild was on a different map than their claimed objective, and for PvX guilds, it would help bring people out of PvE to help defend in WvW.

I think the changes to make guild claims more visible (tooltips on the map, guild tags on the guards) were great, and this would be another small step to improving WvW.

Nice idea. Having been a long time player of DaoC, there are also quite a few other cool things from that game that they could use in wvw to help improve it. Just the whole EB/bl setup reminds me a lot of the battlegrounds and rvr in DaoC. Am sure they looked at DaoC quite a bit when formulating their initial ideas for wvw in GW2.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)