{Suggestion] Leave WvW Bonus

in WvW

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

Just like the map closing bonus award to speed, how about awarding a few bonus pips to leave WvW when ready to, instead of staying in WvW and waiting for the participation cool down? That way it frees up the qeue for other players….

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Just like the map closing bonus award to speed, how about awarding a few bonus pips to leave WvW when ready to, instead of staying in WvW and waiting for the participation cool down? That way it frees up the qeue for other players….

Unless the pip bonus will net the same amount of pips that could be earned by afking during the participation cool down, it won’t matter. People will not accept the bonus.

Those people could just as easily move to OS. Pips are still earned there.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Wouldn’t people still just wait for the pips and then leave afterwards to get the pips and the bonus? Am I missing something here?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

slashlizardy.9167

No, just offer a couple more than you would get for waiting out the cooldown, then it kicks you out of WvW.

in WvW

smithkt.8062

Wouldn’t people still just wait for the pips and then leave afterwards to get the pips and the bonus? Am I missing something here?

Or how about getting on a low queue map, quickly getting your participation level up, leave, profit. This would have to have so many qualifiers on it to prevent abuse and more crying about pips.

in WvW

slashlizardy.9167

One of my thoughts to limit it, would be to have WvW on a timer, and you can’t get back in for another 30 minutes. I was kinda wondering off hand, what others thought of the idea….

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How does the game decide when you are ready to leave WvW? When you wiped repeatedly or when you win easily?

Just curious.

in WvW

slashlizardy.9167

Dawdler, that’s a good question, and not one I’ve thought of. How about when your tier participation drops from 6 down to 5, you get that little question box in the lower left about exiting WvW bonus, just like you get from map low pop speed bonus?

Ha! I just read the second line — even I get tired of winning, lol

(edited by slashlizardy.9167)

in WvW

Puck.9612

Dawdler, that’s a good question, and not one I’ve thought of. How about when your tier participation drops from 6 down to 5, you get that little question box in the lower left about exiting WvW bonus, just like you get from map low pop speed bonus?

Ugh no more pop ups please.
Also tier participation really only stays steady for zergs, when I’m roaming it fluctuates a lot.

in WvW

slashlizardy.9167

Also tier participation really only stays steady for zergs, when I’m roaming it fluctuates a lot.

Ok, so not really an issue then., better left untouched…..

in WvW

Puck.9612

Ok, so not really an issue then., better left untouched…..

No harm in brainstorming. It is really annoying to sit in queue only to find 30 people afk collecting pips once you finally make it onto the map.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

What you really want is your participation counter to count down as usual and give you the needed rewards even after you’ve left WvW.

Sounds more simple, doesn’t it?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

smithkt.8062

What you really want is your participation counter to count down as usual and give you the needed rewards even after you’ve left WvW.

Sounds more simple, doesn’t it?

Yes that would be the best solution. Going to OS does exactly that.

Some will still look for outnumbered maps to sit on, but for those the queue wouldn’t be a problem anyway.