[SUGGESTION] Mounts & Glider COMBAT . DBL

in WvW

Posted by: Torbjorn Swiftmarch.6401

Torbjorn Swiftmarch.6401

Hi.
Who would like to see mounts and glider COMBAT incorporated into the Desert Borderland Map with the next expansion ?
I think the DBL is perfect for this inclusion considering we MAY (wink wink) be getting mounts with the next expansion.
Thoughts guys ?

(edited by Torbjorn Swiftmarch.6401)

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Why would anyone ever need to be mounted in this game? I’ve done all content without 1 easily and there is this feature call a waypoint.

in WvW

Posted by: Torbjorn Swiftmarch.6401

Torbjorn Swiftmarch.6401

Take out the way points in the DBL. Mounts would have their own COMBAT abilities and gliders would be perfect for the DBL

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

They would have to totally redo this map then. I could see non combat ground mounts. But flying will probably never happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

No.

What do you see in the map that encourages this idea? You say it’s perfect, but I can’t understand why.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Why would anyone ever need to be mounted in this game? I’ve done all content without 1 easily and there is this feature call a waypoint.

Agreed.
Starting to look an awful lot like a WoW clone around here. Which is weird, considering mmos usually start out that way and move away from the similarity….. This one started original but is oddly regressing.

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

From what the leaks showed, to have mounts on WvW either we are going to need PvE masteries (which means WvWers need to PvE a lot to get it all – thus not what WvW players want) or a specific WvW ability for it (something that would make new players on a disadvantage and ANET has already been very specific they don’t like this when they removed the guard stacks). So this is already a point against it.

Next you would implement it only on DBL? Why? I don’t event think they are able to make this distinction for just the DBL and to top it off, you would basically lose stuff when going to ABL or EBG.

Third, mounts will need to be something more than just “skins” so either it gives more speed, movement options or abilities, so now you may have shortened distances and made the DBL smaller and the ABL diminute or create a whole new balance mess.

Fourth, ANET would need to make a support for a whole mechanic of fighting on gliders and mounts – with all the difficult balance that would entail, otherwise gliding / mounts = free bags to the other team.

With all they are probably working on to make huge maps, stories, specs, mechanics, etc you really think they will have the time to do this extremely complex set of stuff when WvW has a lot of bigger problems and if done improperly this would only add to the list of problems?