Suggestion: Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So basically just wanna hear what people think about making the OS a megaserver….

Yes, there will be campers killing PvE players and what not but what interests me about the idea is that WvW players who like to duel could go to the OS as a megaserver and duelists from all the servers could be there, could also help generate more OCX/SEA players to actually play the game if we knew we could get fights without going to sPvP..

What are your thoughts about the idea, be civil too about it and with some luck a dev will read this and maybe consider some of the ideas

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The problem I have with this idea is: with the ammount of people that will be camping at the start, it problably will be inviable to get to the arena to do some dueling.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why did you put cdi in the title i feel duped

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Make it free for all so you can kill anyone except the players in your party or guild.

It will be the best place to hang around for fights

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

why did you put cdi in the title i feel duped

CDI is the only thing Dev’s seem to read

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I like this idea. There is not enough fighting in the OS anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

If anything, it should allow to pick the instance and the “side” so you could fight even people with the same color in WvW and (why not?) allies, the latter being tricky though.
And there should be no loot whatsoever, no xp, no wxp, no copper, nothing. This to prevent simple abuse and griefers.

And it will never happen.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

If anything, it should allow to pick the instance and the “side” so you could fight even people with the same color in WvW and (why not?) allies, the latter being tricky though.
And there should be no loot whatsoever, no xp, no wxp, no copper, nothing. This to prevent simple abuse and griefers.

And it will never happen.

This sounds so awesome… Honestly if something will make me start playing again GW2 it’s this. I loved the arena, but most of the times it was either dead or the same 5-10 people there.

in WvW

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I quite like this idea but yeah spawncamping would be a problem and just overal ganking in the Arena would be much more.

If we could choose different OS servers(like 8 servers)or something like that. That would reduce the ganks and spawncampers. Also guilds could do GvG’S easier and won t interupt 1v1’s

Edit: Spelling2Hard

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

(edited by Dark FQ.1038)

in WvW

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Gimme
Now
Like I luv dis idea
Anet
Plz
Now
Gimme

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

Also guilds could do GvG’S easier

this is true, guilds on any tier would be able to GvG each other and not have to wait for RNG matchups

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: thebeaRRRRR.8640

thebeaRRRRR.8640

Uh. No. A thousand times no. It’ll be close to impossible to get people into the same
Overflow once it gets full etc.

[AHMA] Giam Chye Cha Loti
Ele, guardian
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

I think something like this should be looked into after the Raids are implemented. Map and instance control has been suggested a few times in the CDI and that is something that everyone has longed for since release. Hopefully, they will give us map control so that we could create an instance of OS and kick trolls and griefers so that we could actually have a really grand time dueling or GvGing without interference.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.