[Suggestion] Remove pips based on level

in WvW

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Remove pips based on rank so that the EoTM farmers/abusers don’t get more rewards than the WvW players that actually played the WvW game mode.

Please make it fair for everyone by disabling pip based on WvW rank, but do it fast or else the EoTM farmers will get away with it and the rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

In other words, you’re suggesting ANet remove the loyalty bonus for playing in WvW and ranking up multiple times that gets those players the highest rewards just because some people did it easily?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Hitman.5829

In other words, you’re suggesting ANet remove the loyalty bonus for playing in WvW and ranking up multiple times that gets those players the highest rewards just because some people did it easily?

People who abused EoTM game design are now rewarded even more! People who ranked while playing EoTM were just leveling characters and farming gold.

The least Anet could do is make it a flat 3 pips for everyone regardless of rank.

in WvW

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

People who abused EoTM game design are now rewarded even more! People who ranked while playing EoTM were just leveling characters and farming gold.

The least Anet could do is make it a flat 3 pips for everyone regardless of rank.

How does someone “abuse” EoTM?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in WvW

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Playing EoTM to rank up quickly isn’t cheating, regardless of how much it grinds your gears that the EoTM grinders can have the same rank as the “real” wvw players.

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Right now higher ranking people get the best rewards faster (which you say isn’t fair because some got those ranks easy) so you want everyone, regardless of how much WvW they played or how loyal to that playstyle they’ve been, to start off these rewards on the same level as someone like me, who sometimes does a WvW daily.

If you don’t think long term loyalty to that playstyle should be rewarded because you’re afraid some who blobbed in eotm got some ranks well, /shrug, that benefits people like me.

On behalf of all us PvEers who didn’t support WvW all these years, we thank you for your campaign to get us on your level. :P

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Remove pips based on rank so that the EoTM farmers/abusers don’t get more rewards than the WvW players that actually played the WvW game mode.

Please make it fair for everyone by disabling pip based on WvW rank, but do it fast or else the EoTM farmers will get away with it and the rewards.

So punish people who played the game because you feel eotm players are lesser than you?

… Nah. Your request is pretty rude and elitist.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How is that fair to anyone who played EotM because it’s fun for them? How is it fair to those who played original WvW for nearly 5 years?

As others have said, EotM is a legit way of earning ranks.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face…

in WvW

Hitman.5829

There is no reason to give pips based on level. This only rewards the farm abusers by giving them more rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I think we need more ways to punish people for playing the game, just because some abused a few things.

Do you not realize this line of reasoning is the same line that ensures WvW gets absolutely nothing?

This is WvW. If you want to whine about the next player finding some boring tactic to get more shinies than you, press b and click “leave the mists” on the right hand corner. PvE is over there.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Well every hour you spent in EOTM you didnt spend in wvw proper so the ranks gained there are “fake” then?

I suppose that’s the logic he is going for here.

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

So it’s ok to punish those of us with “legit” high ranks because you’re having a fit over eotm? Yah, in my opinion it’s lame to farm high ranks in eotm, but it doesn’t take away from my rewards if someone else is getting them faster than me. I’m not losing a kitten thing so why should you or I care about someone else’s rank?

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Maybe you should start farming ranks and get gud

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675