[Suggestion] Rid all worlds

in WvW

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

I suggest we rid worlds from WvW. Change it to 3 factions. Choose one, and fight. this way every side has a even amount of players, everyone has a decent chance at world completion, no one team gets steam rolled. Everyone wins. We already have a mega server, why not just get rid of the worlds? Oh and will call this 3 faction world battle…..wait for it…….GUILD WARS!!! Hell make it the whispers vs the vigils vs the priory.
pick a side and fight.

reason behind this? I want to play WvW. the problem? No one else wants to in my server, and i am NOT playing $30 to switch to a server thats more WvW happy. Lets face it, WvW is flawed when it comes to world balance and ranking. The same servers every month are in the top tiers. time to change it up.

in WvW

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

You and I were writing at the same time. This sounds like an idea to take over to the population imbalance thread I just posted on.

in WvW

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

Well there’s my two cents =P
What we need to do now is take all those ideas, narrow them down and take a huge vote. We are the voice of tyria after all.

(edited by TheFool.4589)

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

How about no.

Some of us actually like the current style of Server vs Server vs Server and take pride in the servers we are on and the communities we’ve established within them.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Server identity is important otherwise we just get a karma train map like EOTM.

Everyone loses.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

I’d rather not remove the only thing that makes server choice relevant now. I agree server identity and individual WvW communities are important to preserve. Most of what killed other games for me was the incessant need to ‘merge’ zones and remove the very concept of an individual server community in the process. Doing so literally tore down server communities overnight in other games and it sucked.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

In addition to server loyalty, there is some value in having drastically different levels of enemies. Small groups probably mean a lot more on T9 servers than they do on T1. I do enjoy heading out at a weird hour of the night by myself and trying to take camps while 2 or 3 enemies hunt me. Granted it’s a little selfish for only 4 people or so to be using an entire map, but you get the point.

Another thing that would be lost is server personalities. For example everyone in NA knows YB is obsessed with placing siege to protect the siege that protects their siege, and it makes them unique to fight against. It’s almost like choosing your Street Fighter character; all of them have different strengths.

It may be required to compact the player base, I just wanted to make sure we know what we’d lose first.

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

EOTM IS NOT WVW !!!!!!
Now thats out. If we get rid of servers we need to make at least 2 tiers of 9 battle groups. But servers what are allready full like SFR and Deso (sry im EU player) just need to be battle groups on there own. And not let any other merging server ppl join them.

If 9×2 is still to much then we go 9 for tier 1 and 6 for tier 2.

And Give time for servers to talk thing Who will go what battle group so that ppl can play whit there allies not being pushed in whit bigges enemy.

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

No thank you. Not wanted, not needed.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Says the guy on BG…

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Says the guy on BG…

So it matters that I play on BG?

Funny. I don’t think that every one against this type of suggestion plays on my server. Are you? you spoke out against it as well.

Just because we don’t want WvW to turn into EoTM has nothing to do with which server we happen to play on.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

So it matters that I play on BG?

Yes, because BG is what literally every other server is complaining about, including other overstacked T1s. It’s like rich people saying tax reform isn’t needed.

Something should definitely be done to balance out server pops. What the exact specifics are, I don’t know. It may be that merging servers is the only thing the game has the population to support, I just wanted to call out things we would be losing by doing so.

in WvW

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Server pride/identity is overrated. In my very rough estimate, the majority of active WvW players in the top servers are tranfers. I agree, identity is important but it may not necessarily be a server.

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Server pride/identity is overrated. In my very rough estimate, the majority of active WvW players in the top servers are tranfers. I agree, identity is important but it may not necessarily be a server.

T1 players often don’t care what server they’re on, and all the lower tiers do very much. We should try to get players out of T1.

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

A lot of these suggestions don’t seem to take into account that a lot of us in T1 actually like it as is. EotM is avoided by WvWers other than occasional alt leveling or badge farming for a reason. I would quit the game in a heartbeat if WvW turned into a copy of that. I like having a server to identify with, thanks.

Yes, something needs to be done to fix low tier servers…but removing all server identity from the last area of the game we actually have one is not the right way to go.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in WvW

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

A lot of these suggestions don’t seem to take into account that a lot of us in T1 actually like it as is. EotM is avoided by WvWers other than occasional alt leveling or badge farming for a reason. I would quit the game in a heartbeat if WvW turned into a copy of that. I like having a server to identify with, thanks.

Yes, something needs to be done to fix low tier servers…but removing all server identity from the last area of the game we actually have one is not the right way to go.

I bet you do. Hmmm

in WvW

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Ok, I probably should have locked this thread so I’ll do it now. Let’s take this discussion here so we can keep this in one place:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Solution-to-fix-the-population-imbalance/first#post4437596

Thanks,
John