[Suggestion]Siege Griefing

in WvW

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Everyone knows it and everyone hates it. One person that is wasting supplies from keeps and towers and builds siege-equipment just to drain supplies. The last couple of weeks we have such a person on our server and it´s really annoying. But how hard can it be to implement a system that forbids that ?

The only viable solution that i can thought of would be if Anet will implement a buff that forbids that person to use any siege. For that however we will need an option to report someone for siege griefing. After that person is getting reported for such activity then a buff is getting applied to him similar to “Dishonorable” which forbids that person to use and deploy any siege for a week.

How hard is it to implement such a function ? .

Regards

Seed

in WvW

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

Yep, noticed some of this happening on SFR for the past few weeks. from the start of the current matchup I remember on reset someone draining all our keep/SM and various tower supplies to build ballistas all over the place. So I figured okay it’s just a troll maybe from our opponent servers doing this for kittens and giggles, but come saturday and sunday I’m still seeing players in our Keep draining our supply to 0 to build multiple trebs/ballistas right next to the supply depot.

Your solution however won’t work, if the report instantly labels someone “Dishonorable” trollage will commence as players report everyone for siege griefing and everyone is forbidden to place/use/build siege etc. For this to be a liable solution however you’d have to conclude that A-net staff would be fast enough at reading reports to stop it from happening by using the “Dishonorable” function, which is very unlikely.

I’m sure you savvy a-net folks can figure this out, it’s a pretty serious issue imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

maybe just have all siege tagged with their name? doesn’t add to many bits to the whole process.

the upgrades are what really tick me off, you get 300 supply someone orders doors and bam second worker, 2 minutes later a blob starts knocking on the door, Hate that!

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

he upgrades are what really tick me off, you get 300 supply someone orders doors and bam second worker, 2 minutes later a blob starts knocking on the door, Hate that!

I’ve ordered upgrades on camps to deny blobs the supply they’d need for the tower or keep down the road. Maybe someone thought similar with your tower.

in WvW

Posted by: Radakill.3469

Radakill.3469

Someone must be pretty dedicated to spend that much time and materials just to impact your supply stack. That much dedication is unlikely to be long term.

I somehow doubt that Anet is going to bother policing this sort of thing, their view will most likely be “use it or lose it”.

in WvW

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Your solution however won’t work, if the report instantly labels someone “Dishonorable” trollage will commence as players report everyone for siege griefing and everyone is forbidden to place/use/build siege etc. For this to be a liable solution however you’d have to conclude that A-net staff would be fast enough at reading reports to stop it from happening by using the “Dishonorable” function, which is very unlikely.

I do not deny that such a function can be abused. But in all honesty something needs to be done about it. It´s not funny at resets when you try to upgrade your towers/keeps have to deal with siege-grief on top of fighting the enemy force. Or just before prime-time supplies are getting drained and the enemy start attacking. You cannot place any siege, because of the “siege-griefer” have build to many and you have no supply to repair the keep/tower after the attack.
Maybe they can make it so that in order to get the “Siege-Block-Deployment” buff, you will need 20-30 ppl to report him. As this buff will be applicable only to WvWvW, might actually work.

Regards

Seed

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Someone must be pretty dedicated to spend that much time and materials just to impact your supply stack. That much dedication is unlikely to be long term.

I somehow doubt that Anet is going to bother policing this sort of thing, their view will most likely be “use it or lose it”.

You’d think so..but TC for instance has had a set of a few trolls for over a year. They openly admit in chat to just siege trolling, and a couple openly admitted to being “paid” to do it. These people come back, often during “important” matches and spend literally 5-6+ hours a day hopping between maps draining all the supply of keeps, destroying golems, etc..for weeks on end.

But, you’re right. Anet doesn’t care. They really in the end don’t. The fact the same trolls have been reported for over a YEAR with screenshots, video, even of them admitting their just trolling, and they keep coming back. Anet will constantly 1) remove posts that have any specific SS’s or names, and tell people to ‘report’, even though they know, and everyone else knows, that it does ABSOLUTELY nothing, 2) constantly tell people they’re ‘looking into it’, but after 2 years the same issues are there with no official dev response about it. Anet seems to care about WvW for 1 main reason: money for transfers. In fact, all of the trolling could be stopped by having a few game mods that can hop between the all the matches if a siege troll is report. They can watch the person, and then act in real time. Many other MMOs have this, GW2 does not.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Radakill.3469

Radakill.3469

You’d think so..but TC for instance has had a set of a few trolls for over a year. They openly admit in chat to just siege trolling, and a couple openly admitted to being “paid” to do it. These people come back, often during “important” matches and spend literally 5-6+ hours a day hopping between maps draining all the supply of keeps, destroying golems, etc..for weeks on end.

But, you’re right. Anet doesn’t care. They really in the end don’t. The fact the same trolls have been reported for over a YEAR with screenshots, video, even of them admitting their just trolling, and they keep coming back. Anet will constantly 1) remove posts that have any specific SS’s or names, and tell people to ‘report’, even though they know, and everyone else knows, that it does ABSOLUTELY nothing, 2) constantly tell people they’re ‘looking into it’, but after 2 years the same issues are there with no official dev response about it. Anet seems to care about WvW for 1 main reason: money for transfers. In fact, all of the trolling could be stopped by having a few game mods that can hop between the all the matches if a siege troll is report. They can watch the person, and then act in real time. Many other MMOs have this, GW2 does not.

Its interesting you bring that up, and would be a great suggestion for AreanNet to increase their manpower, as it seems they are overloaded as it is now.

Ive played other MMO’s in the past that instead of “hiring” paid employees to do some of the more mundane tasks around servers/forums/etc, they recruit volunteers to do the same jobs. Many people would step up and give a day or 2 a week (some even more) and help out.

LOL, the chances of this even being read by a decision maker.. I dunno. I think Ive posted on this before but the more I post the more I think its all academic.

At least we all have the delusion of believing we are making a difference =)

in WvW

Posted by: Fear.6358

Fear.6358

Its interesting you bring that up, and would be a great suggestion for AreanNet to increase their manpower, as it seems they are overloaded as it is now.

Ive played other MMO’s in the past that instead of “hiring” paid employees to do some of the more mundane tasks around servers/forums/etc, they recruit volunteers to do the same jobs. Many people would step up and give a day or 2 a week (some even more) and help out.

LOL, the chances of this even being read by a decision maker.. I dunno. I think Ive posted on this before but the more I post the more I think its all academic.

At least we all have the delusion of believing we are making a difference =)

lol anet dosent care about wvw, so stop talking about this

Fear The Insane, A LvL 80 Warrior
One Eight Seven [OES] A Jade Quarry Guild
www.OneEightSeven.Enjin.Com

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I just have everyone on TS report the player for verbal abuse and hope that 30 people reporting one person will get them a warning.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I really wish that WvW (and maybe some parts of PvP/PvE) had dedicated GMs that could watch for this sort of behaviour and issue perma-bans on the spot.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Zaxares grifers then I think it should be 1week first time 1month 2 time lifetime ban 3 time, cheat programs and so lifetime ban direct.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I really wish that WvW (and maybe some parts of PvP/PvE) had dedicated GMs that could watch for this sort of behaviour and issue perma-bans on the spot.

That might work. I could stop picking up supplies and sell all the blueprints. Too bad about the traits though.