Suggestion: Trap that removes Bloodlust

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I think that there should be more than just “take the bloodlust from the other team” to counter the new mechanic. A lot of servers are hopelessly outgunned during certain points of the day (my server, Maguuma, has approximately 15 people who play during Oceanic primetime) and literally cannot afford to leave the keeps they are defending to take the new bloodlust buff.

Why not create a new trap that temporarily (say 15-30 minutes) removes the bloodlust buff? This allows for the playing field to be leveled against much larger servers and adds a new dynamic of play. I don’t see traps used very often, but I know I would buy a stack of them if this was introduced.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Bloodlust is a big middle finger to Mag’s Oceanic’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Bleachi.9231

Bleachi.9231

This is an awesome idea. This is a good way for smaller groups to not worry so much about giving up points if they get wiped.

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Trying for the 3rd time to post here. Maybe the forum doesnt like it, but this is the first good trap that anyone would activly buy.

~ Gandara

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Trying for the 3rd time to post here. Maybe the forum doesnt like it, but this is the first good trap that anyone would activly buy.

I feel like it adds a new mechanic by forcing people to pay attention to where they want to fight. A well organized group could kite a large zerg into a choke, strip their Bloodlust with pre placed traps, and fight on a more even footing.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

This may be a bit off topic, but how do you lose the blootlust buff anyway? On the dev stream he lost the contoll points and still had it.

~ Gandara

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

This may be a bit off topic, but how do you lose the blootlust buff anyway? On the dev stream he lost the contoll points and still had it.

It has to be taken from you. Meaning, another server has to actually cap it. Neutralizing it doesn’t get rid of the buff.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Excellent idea Paralda (hope you copy pasted into suggestion forum as well) and kudos for trying to think outside of the GvG box. I see this as a boon to many different kinds of play and addressing multiple issues at once which makes it an even more powerful idea. I feel a lot of the complaints against Bloodlust might be overblown once we get our hands on it and see how quickly and easily the buff changes hands but that does not negate the very real consequences of mismatched timezone high population worlds or how much it would suck to combat 3 stacks of Bloodlust when your team only has 30 players to cover 4 maps in the middle of the nite.

I hope at the same time the outmanned buff can addressed to provide a more reasonable useful bonus, something done to incentivize population balance between worlds and all of this can be done quickly before season 1 starts up next month. Good luck ANET!

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

That’s right..add more pve to a ‘pvp’ zone.

I’m amazed at the mentality of people left playing the game after the PvPers left.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

That’s right..add more pve to a ‘pvp’ zone.

I’m amazed at the mentality of people left playing the game after the PvPers left.

I’m pretty sure a “PvPer” would not be in favour of an unfair damage bonus.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer